• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak zero customer service rant ** RESOLVED!!**

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Well I can't get a reply from Peak via email, and they won't answer their phone, so I'll just share this with everyone... I ordered an Eiger from their website a few weeks ago. It said it would take 24-48 hours to ship. It took 3 weeks to get from Arizona to California. But I could live with that. If they had gotten my order right, it would have been worth the wait. But I ordered a neutral head and got a cool one. I don't do cool tints... So I called, emailed, emailed and called... And waited and waited... Just nothing. They just stuck me with a pretty expensive little light that I did not order and they don't seem to care.

I have on many occasions recommended Peak due to their superior products, but with evidence of zero customer service, I am reversing my recommendation.

Update: I got the most wonderful call from Robin at Peak yesterday. Bottom line is she called to apologize for the error in my order and assured me she would be sending me a replacement neutral Eiger in the next week or two, when they were back in stock... And her long story short was they have had a personnel issue, which has just been resolved, and a family health issue they've been dealing with... It was a relief to hear from them, as I am such a fan of their products and from the CPF history it seems it would be a shame for the company to go downhill... I'll keep you guys posted on the pending arrival of my replacement.

UPDATE 2: 12/23/11 I received a beautiful package from Robyn today, containing a beautifully neutral Eiger, and a body upgrade she added for me at no additional charge, I suppose as a nice thank you/apology. Thank you Robyn, apology accepted! I am so glad to have my favorite EDC back intact, and also equally grateful to be able to once again recommend PEAK products for friends & family.

Last edited:

jorgen

Enlightened
Re: Peak zero customer service rant

To the best of my knowledge Peak does not offer a neutral option on an Eiger. There is a HCri version but it is warmer than neutral and I am uncertain if it was even available when you placed your order.
You might try emailing RMSK, Bob is a nice guy and might try and help you even though you did not order from him.

JacobJones

Enlightened

Off topic comment deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisdm

Enlightened

To the best of my knowledge Peak does not offer a neutral option on an Eiger. There is a HCri version but it is warmer than neutral and I am uncertain if it was even available when you placed your order.
You might try emailing RMSK, Bob is a nice guy and might try and help you even though you did not order from him.

It's here, notice the "color" dropdown menu, gives you the option of cool or neutral:

http://www.peakledsolutions.net/Products/Eiger10440SS.html

jorgen

Enlightened

Heh, that's new to me. I never use their site as everyone says it's outdated.

I ordered my Eiger 10440 from Peak, I called before I ordered and they helped me get what I want. They answered the phone and were friendly.

Chrisdm

Enlightened

I ordered my Eiger 10440 from Peak, I called before I ordered and they helped me get what I want. They answered the phone and were friendly.

Are you sure you didn't call RMSK? That's their primary dealer, and yes they are very helpful. I have ordered from them twice... Peak's actual company, in Arizona, never answers their phone, since I've been trying the last few weeks.

jalal20

Enlightened

they also have zero information and support for international orders which I find a bit weird since International orders account for a very good chunk of any company's sales. and they give to RMSK who has a very strict policy toward international orders, this policy I never got to understand the reason behind it. If people bugged you because their items got lost then just put a note that when the items leaves the office then ur not responsible for it. I always get this note from companies and I order at my own risk. This thing is really bad for business.

Chrisdm

Enlightened

Update: I got the most wonderful call from Robin at Peak yesterday. Bottom line is she called to apologize for the error in my order and assured me she would be sending me a replacement neutral Eiger in the next week or two, when they were back in stock... And her long story short was they have had a personnel issue, which has just been resolved, and a family health issue they've been dealing with... It was a relief to hear from them, as I am such a fan of their products and from the CPF history it seems it would be a shame for the company to go downhill... I'll keep you guys posted on the pending arrival of my replacement.

DM51

Flashaholic

That's excellent news, Chrisdm. :)

Maybe you would consider editing your thread title to reflect that? Perhaps you could just add ** RESOLVED ** on to the end, or something similar. Just a suggestion.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's excellent news, Chrisdm. :)

Maybe you would consider editing your thread title to reflect that? Perhaps you could just add ** RESOLVED ** on to the end, or something similar. Just a suggestion.

IMO until he physically has said light in his hand, the issue is yet to be completely resolved. ** PARTIALLY RESOLVED ** or ** RESOLUTION IN PROGRESS ** is perhaps more fitting.

Chrisdm

Enlightened

Good suggestions guys, going with "resolution pending" until I get the replacement..

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened

It's good to hear of a solid reason for some of the issues as of late with Peak. I really want to get another of their variable output lights but have put that on hold until it becomes clear where they are headed.
Thank you for posting the update and good luck getting your issues totally resolved.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Re: Peak zero customer service rant ** RESOLUTION IN PROGRESS!!**

Robyn S. and Curt R is good peoples.........from my past dealings with them. :thumbsup:

gunga

Flashaholic

Yeah! Great people, so glad to hear they are getting their business back on track.

FatRat

Newly Enlightened

Yeah! Great people, so glad to hear they are getting their business back on track.

With all the rants,how does replying to 1 person mean there back on track?

fyrstormer

Banned

With all the rants,how does replying to 1 person mean there back on track?
Being back on-track isn't the same as moving full-steam-ahead.

It's nice the OP got a call from Robin; that sort of personal communication (though not necessarily from the CEO of the company) is what earned Peak their customer base in the first place, and unless they plan to change to selling mass-produced lights in hardware stores, that sort of personal communication will remain a necessary part of their business model. Hopefully this is the bottom of their dip in customer service and things will continue to improve.

Chrisdm

Enlightened

UPDATE 2: 12/23/11 I received a beautiful package from Robyn today, containing a beautifully neutral Eiger, and a body upgrade she added for me at no additional charge, I suppose as a nice thank you/apology. Thank you Robyn, apology accepted! I am so glad to have my favorite EDC back intact, and also equally grateful to be able to once again recommend PEAK products for friends & family.