Spyderco vs Byrd

Deal4

Enlightened
I don't have any knives from Spyderco yet, and as I am not rich cannot afford their high end lines.
I like the looks of their entry level knives such as the Persistence, but I'm not sure the quality is going to be good enough.
I really don't know much of anything about Spyderco's Byrd line of knives.

What I want to know is this: is the quality of a Bryd knife actually better than the economy line of Spyderco?
I like the look of the Persistence, but if the quality isn't that great, maybe I should go with the Byrd line.
Anyone have an idea or oppinion for me?

Also I really like the Delica with a flat ground blade, but I'm not a huge fan of a lockback knife. Is there a compareable model that uses a liner lock or frame lock?
I have checked around, and so far I'm not coming up with much for around the same price. As mentioned earlier, I don't have a ton of cash to spend.
I'm looking for a blade that is bigger than 2", and shorter than 3"
Thanks!

Viper715

Enlightened
I think the Tenacious and Persistent are very decent quality budget knives. I have had no complaints with my Tenacious at all. I can get it super sharp although it needs touch ups fairly often. The G10 is great lockup is perfect centered blade. For the price there's not alot out there that can match it. Although a Kershaw Skyline is close in there for the same price range and a lighter knife with a flipper design, supper sharp hollow ground if you like hollow.

Deal4

Enlightened
Thanks everyone!
I am now trying to decide between the Spyderco Persistence and the Byrd Cara Cara2.
I like the size of the Persistence a little better, but I like the finger choil on the Cara Cara2.
Flip a coin?
Anyone have experience with both knives?

carrot

Flashaholic
Personally I think the Cara Cara is a more pocketable design as it is thinner and I do like the finger choil. However, I like the build quality of the Persistence (and family) better than the Byrds, although by a very narrow margin. Gotta say the biggest turn-off for me with the Byrds is the "eye hole" opener, which I think is uglier and less fun to use than the Spyderhole.