YAO 35W/80W HID Flashlight

stollman

Enlightened
YAO 35W/80W HID Flashlight

I own one of these lights and I really like it. It has a very focused spot (throws farther than my BB). I was thinking about buying another and did some digging on the Internet recently. I found a reseller on Alibaba and I thought I would share his contact information. I have no experience working with this reseller and am not necessarily recommending them. He does accept PayPal which tends to side with Buyers regarding transaction disputes. Shipping seems a little high...you might be able to negotiate that point. YAO also made this light in a green and black color. I do not know which color light he's selling. As a side note, I don't think this light is manufactured anymore. I could not find a manufacturer's link. If that's the case... the lights may have been sitting around in inventory for awhile, so you may want to have the reseller verify the light works, and that the battery has not degenerated and can still hold a charge.

Sales links removed - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

stollman

Enlightened
I have not ordered another light as of yet.
The battery for my current 35W/80W YAO won't hold a charge, and I may end up ordering a battery from them.

stollman

Enlightened
The battery for my current 35W/80W YAO won't hold a charge, and I may end up ordering a battery from them.

Last edited:

stollman

Enlightened

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some spare batteries that are 12ah that are made for the Mule light. The specs in the pdf can't be counted on because I think that is actually Ken Good in the photos there...

Judge

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Looks very like the Mule you have a link to. Lots to read . . . . . . . . .

Ken Good ?

Google time

Enlightened
Stollman, if you are interested, go to sunfat dot com dot hk. The REAL OEM is actually the Sunca CS-220 HID. Guanzhou Sanmak (aliexpress/alibaba) resells it under a different name....but the price is pretty reasonable as i got the first one with 55W ballast for $87 shipped and the second one for $60 shipped (it was actually a mistake by another seller, so i got him to discount it for me). YAO modifies it and then resells it.

You can fit a 100W ballast (the big black finned ones) in there, no issue I have 2. You can get a pair of 100W ballast + bulb kit for about $80 shipped i believe to the USA too. If you can't wait then by DHL it is like $103.

I also found that the OEM for that big 13" reflectored HID is also Sun Fat, it's the Sunca CS-2206CX HID.

Last edited:

Judge

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Do you happen to have a link or name to Googl for the 100W ballast and bulbs ? There are lots and lots of links on Ali !!!

Last edited:

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
$350 for that 80 watt HID sounds hi. I see 75 watt HID lights for $150.00. Any difference?

stollman

Enlightened
I own both the 35/80W HID and just picked up the 75W HID (around $170.00 USD) on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. There is no comparison between the 75W Ebay HID and to 35/80W HID regarding throw. The reflector on the 35/80W is much larger and really puts it out there (even farther than my Barn Burner).