• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

EIGER X

DUMDUM

Enlightened
The new Eiger X QTC is here. I have a few in all metals HA-Brass-Stainless Steel
We introduced the price at the same as our standard Eiger QTC. I also have a few
in high CRI but very few so if you want them just call me or chat and let me know
they are also the same price. These units put out about twice the power of our
standard Eiger. They are also in only narrow optic which gives you a much better
hotspot and a little more throw than the Vesuvius and a tighter beam, in addition
you do not need an IMR 10440 to get maximum output.

http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Eigerx.html

Thanks
Bob

jorgen

Enlightened
I just ordered a SS HCri.
An HCri AAA that can throw like a Logan is what I am hoping for and Bob said it will put out about 225 Lumens with a 10440.

manoloco

Enlightened
Very interesting flashlight, specially since the difference in output is well compensated with the options of using multiple AAA chemistries compared to the Vesuvius that has more output but not many battery options, however theres one thing that could concern me about the life of the led: max. recommended drive current for an XP-G is 1.5A, and the Eiger X according to your page Bob are driven at 1.7A, with a much bigger heatsink volume or cooling surface that would still be concerning, but much more so with such a small light.

Is the XP-G safer on the Eiger X than the XM-L in the Vesuvius?, wouldnt it have been safer to use an XM-L in these (of course the beam would have been another thing, and i do like the beam on my narrow Eiger)

manoloco

Enlightened
Very interesting flashlight, specially since the difference in output is well compensated with the options of using multiple AAA chemistries compared to the Vesuvius that has more output but not many battery options, however theres one thing that could concern me about the life of the led: max. recommended drive current for an XP-G is 1.5A, and the Eiger X according to your page Bob are driven at 1.7A, with a much bigger heatsink volume or cooling surface that would still be concerning, but much more so with such a small light.

Is the XP-G safer on the Eiger X than the XM-L in the Vesuvius?, wouldnt it have been safer to use an XM-L in these (of course the beam would have been another thing, and i do like the beam on my narrow Eiger)

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob, does it work with an Eneloop as well? If so, I would assume that output with an Eneloop is about the same as a normal Eiger head...?

Thanks,
eala

jorgen

Enlightened
Eiger X arrived a day early. I guess UPS is more efficient during the holidays. At first I was disappointed with the output which wasn't any brighter than a regular Eiger, however I then checked the voltage on the 10440 I was using and it was only 3.49 volts. I popped in a fresh 10440, 4.1 volts, and the light became considerably brighter than a narrow optic regular. I would have liked to try an IMR but I don't want to damage the light, which doesn't seem to get much hotter than a regular Eiger on a 10440.
If anyone is wondering the output of the Vesuvius way way brighter and the throw is about the same.
A non-QTC momentary does not work on this light.
I don't regret buying this light, but I am glad I didn't get two as I'd originally planned.
I'd like to know if the HCRI version runs creates less heat than the cooler version, since the output is lower or if heat is a function of the higher AMP.

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
As usual, my new EigerX high CRI is a beautiful light.

It doesn't appear much brighter than my #8 Eiger 10280 though. I do have some IMR10440s on the way.

I don't think my Ultrafires can support the current draw.

Bob or Curt,
Will an IMR10440 allow too high a draw?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob,

Can you do me a favor please?
Try one of these in a 2xAAA body with Energizer lithiums (L92), I'm curious as to whether it will light.
Thanks.

FatRat

Newly Enlightened
Bob,

Can you do me a favor please?
Try one of these in a 2xAAA body with Energizer lithiums (L92), I'm curious as to whether it will light.
Thanks.

Mine arrives tommorow and i'll try it on 2aaa body,l92 and eneloops.