Acebeam
Page 32 of 215 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132333435363738394282132 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 16

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 16

Quote Originally Posted by thaugen View Post
    Unfortunately, Henry is still trying to work things out with his suppliers...I think we're still a while from having the new High CRI in hand.
    Did you hear this from Henry, or are you speculating? Last I heard, he had two shops lined up to produce parts, so surely has been able to get some good parts by now.

Did you hear that from Henry? Because I thought he had gotten his parts problems sorted out by going with multiple suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by thaugen View Post
    Unfortunately, Henry is still trying to work things out with his suppliers...I think we're still a while from having the new High CRI in hand. My Hi CRI is the SSC P4. I really like the funky yellow tint, but think the new one will be very nice as well.
    I was just about to ask if anyone had heard if Henry had sorted his machine shop problems out,so i take it from your comment the suppliers aren't up to scratch yet.Henry must be really sick about these problems
    after all he can't send any of his lights out to all of the people who've ordered & all of the dealers around the world who sell his lights.

I hate waiting in line. I canceled my order a few weeks back. The Clicky is my absolute favorite light and I agree with everyones sentiment that Henry's lights are worth the wait, but it's also worth waiting to pay for too. I don't have to be first to get the newest lights. I hope everyone's orders get sorted out soon and then I will gladly get in line for my next HDS light.
    Last edited by Slumber Pass; 03-03-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Flashaholic*

This is what Henry wrote me on February 28th in response to my request for an update on the status of my HDS High CRI Clicky order:

"We had to fire our local shop for not delivering any parts after several months. The new shop is just finishing up the first article samples and should be in full production shortly. We are still several weeks out yet from being able to resume shipping. I apologize for the delay."

Flashaholic

It's very discouraging to hear the issues HDS are having to build and filling orders. I am one potential customer that was thinking about placing an order but decided not to because of the long wait time to get the order filled and no specific timeline on when all the production problems will be resolved. I don't like the idea that my credit card will be billed when the order placed then I just have to wait for the order to be filled which seems will be months after reading the posts in this thread. Maybe when all issues are resolved I'll reconsider my decision on not ordering one and I'll just monitor this thread until I hear something substantially positive about orders being shipped on a regular basis.

BTW, the particular model I'm interested in is not available at the dealers I checked out. No surprise there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mauiblue; 03-03-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Flashaholic*

I just ordered an HDS 140 Tactical from Goingear.com and it arrived within days. Some dealers still have a limited supply of HDS lights in stock.

I love the 140 Tactical!

They don't have much of anything left. Just click on any light and it says "0 Stock"

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post
    They don't have much of anything left. Just click on any light and it says "0 Stock"

Bummer
    Confirmed, just received an e-mail from them stating, zero HDS lights in stock.

gqlux
    I thought it through and my worst brings out the best in you.

Flashaholic

I've always used AW RCRs in my Legacy High CRI and my 170 GDP, but lately I've been thinking about using AW IMRs. HDS lights protect the IMRs from being run down too far, so that should be OK and they should be safer as well. Any runtime comparisons and other opinions? I've searched but not found a satisfying answer.

EDIT: I sent an e-mail to AW and I don't think he'll mind me posting his response here for other members:

"Since you don't need the high current capabliity of the IMR, protected cell with extra layer of protection
    against overcharge / over discharge / short circult will actually make more sense for safety reason."

So it seems AW thinks that the RCRs are safer than IMRs in this particular application. I'm quite convinced that my Pila charger won't overcharge the IMRs though.....

Thoughts and opinions welcome!

I though about posting this question elsewhere, but I'm only interested in using the IMRs in HDS with its low-battery warning, so I think it's OK in this thread?
    Last edited by Maxbelg; 03-05-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: AWs response

FWIW I use AW RCR's in my lights, but when my Rotary arrived from Henry after he made a software repair (I seem to have had an early version) it had a AW IMR in it.

But you wanna know what the worst part about having this repair made? ...... Donno? ....... Wanna Guess? .........No? .... OK!
    Last edited by AZPops; 03-05-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    ...........But you wanna know what the worst part about having this repair made? ......
    If I had to guess it would be the LONG wait?

FWIW I use AW RCR's in my lights, but when my Rotary arrived from Henry after he made a software repair (I seem to have had an early version) it had a AW IMR in it.

But you wanna know what the worst part about having this repair made? ...... Donno? ....... Wanna Guess? .........No? .... OK!
    Having to reprogram your settings?

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    Having to reprogram your settings?

Ding! ding! ding! ding! DING! ..... ... Yeah, we just got the dang light programed, after which the very next day it was off to Henry!

However, I did tell Henry verbally, as well as in my notes to reprogram the settings we made once the software was repaired, ... I also emphasized that I'd pay the $25.00 programming service fee to have him do it and it wouldn't be a problem AT ALL! I also ask if he could program the programed changes as my lights defaul setting so I'd never have to worry about it resetting it's self.

But when the light arrived, as you all know, it wasn't! .... That was a bummer, because as you guys already know, I can't get this programming thing figured out!

The heck with this "teach me how to fish" sentiment! I think I'm gonna put an ad out in Craig's List to find someone who can program it for me!
    Last edited by AZPops; 03-05-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Ding! ding! ding! ding! DING! ..... ... Yeah, we just got the dang light programed, after which the very next day it was off to Henry!

However, I did tell Henry verbally, as well as in my notes to reprogram the settings we made once the software was repaired, ... I also emphasized that I'd pay the $25.00 programming serive fee to have him do it and it wouldn't be a problem AT ALL!

But when the light arrived, as you all know, it wasn't! .... That was a bummer, because as you guys already know, I can't get this programming thing figured out!

The heck with this "teach me how to fish" sentiment! I think I'm gonna put an ad out in Craig's List to find someone who can do it for me!
    I'll do it AZ, but can I keep the light when I'm done? lol
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by davyro View Post
    I was just about to ask if anyone had heard if Henry had sorted his machine shop problems out,so i take it from your comment the suppliers aren't up to scratch yet.Henry must be really sick about these problems
    after all he can't send any of his lights out to all of the people who've ordered & all of the dealers around the world who sell his lights.
    I can't imagine how much profit he has lost through all of this. I'm actually a little surprised he hasn't simply closed up shop and called it quits.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlysle View Post
    I'll do it AZ, but can I keep the light when I'm done? lol

LOL!

I'll try to walk you through it via phone if you want. I think you have said you already tried this with Henry himself but PM me if you want and I'll try to walk you through it on the phone. I have faith that you can do it.
    I sometimes use lights to make my photographs.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
    I can't imagine how much profit he has lost through all of this. I'm actually a little surprised he hasn't simply closed up shop and called it quits.
    Who is John Galt.

A terrible thought Mtn Man!!!! What would we do without The Light That Gets You Home?
    I doubt it would come to that though, he knows that he's got plenty of customers waiting to buy lights.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy4747 View Post
    I'll try to walk you through it via phone if you want. I think you have said you already tried this with Henry himself but PM me if you want and I'll try to walk you through it on the phone. I have faith that you can do it.
    Thank You! PM sent! ...

So tonight when I went to use my light it came on at low and registered a low battery. I put a fresh battery in about one month ago and have used it very little since. I'm hoping it was just a dud battery and not some sort of parasitic drain or something. It's a name brand battery with an expiration date of 3/2019 which I've used before and have been getting about 3 months of use on average before they can no longer power my primary setting. It concerns me a bit because over the last month my light use was minimal. In the event that it is the light and not the battery, any suggestions on diagnosing the issue without taking it out of service? I guess I could load a fresh battery and leave it unused for 4-6 weeks and then test the performance/runtime but I use it for work and think rotating two batteries every night is a hassle plus I'm thinking there is a better way. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
    Who is John Galt.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by bansuri View Post
    A terrible thought Mtn Man!!!! What would we do without The Light That Gets You Home?
    I doubt it would come to that though, he knows that he's got plenty of customers waiting to buy lights.
    I don't want him to close up shop either since I love his lights, but how long can he stay in business when he doesn't have any product to sell?

But enough doom and gloom. I'm rooting for him.

Who is John Galt.
    What?
    You'll know if Henry suddenly disappears, and we start hearing legends of a solid gold Rotary somewhere in Colorado.
    I'm an excellent driver. Of course I don't have my underwear... I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerboy View Post
    You'll know if Henry suddenly disappears, and we start hearing legends of a solid gold Rotary somewhere in Colorado.

.... All I know is, if there's NO MORE HDS's. Who ever has one (or like a few here with two, three, four or more) is gonna be worth it's weight in Gold that's fur dang sure!

Heck if that happens, I'll trade you one of mine fur that Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Navy Seal on ur wrist! ....
    Last edited by AZPops; 03-06-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Just as long as I get my high CRI Rotary first.

Who is John Galt.
    Man, I need to get around to reading this book...maybe the High CRI rotary with a clip will be out by the time I do...but probably not.

.... All I know is, if there's NO MORE HDS's. Who ever has one (or like a few here with two, three, four or more) is gonna be worth it's weight in Gold that's fur dang sure!

Heck if that happens, I'll trade you one of mine fur that Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Navy Seal on ur wrist! ....

I'll take the lifetime warranty over owning a rare collectible anyday.
    I use mine, a lot
    I hope HDS is around for a very loooong time
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Just curious if it's the new ACME threaded HDS or Legacy model?

If you have a DMM, measure a fresh cell, let it sit for 2 days... and re measure. If you don't have a DMM, get yourself one.
    (if you have the beacon/locator feature activated, disable it while testing for parasitic drain)

When I had the parasitic drain, IIRC I was losing .02V per day. (YMMV)

Quote Originally Posted by P_A_S_1 View Post
    So tonight when I went to use my light it came on at low and registered a low battery. I put a fresh battery in about one month ago and have used it very little since. I'm hoping it was just a dud battery and not some sort of parasitic drain or something. It's a name brand battery with an expiration date of 3/2019 which I've used before and have been getting about 3 months of use on average before they can no longer power my primary setting. It concerns me a bit because over the last month my light use was minimal. In the event that it is the light and not the battery, any suggestions on diagnosing the issue without taking it out of service? I guess I could load a fresh battery and leave it unused for 4-6 weeks and then test the performance/runtime but I use it for work and think rotating two batteries every night is a hassle plus I'm thinking there is a better way. Any ideas?

Page 32 of 215 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132333435363738394282132 ... LastLast