NiteNumen
Page 41 of 215 FirstFirst ... 313435363738394041424344454647485191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 6421

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 16

Regarding Ti bezels, check in the MP. Member russtang of Unique Titanium had some and may still have some.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 16

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    For what it's worth I also bought into the idea of having the locator flash, but found it distracting and after a few days shut it back off. Would be nice if it could have been lower yet and also had the option of longer periods between flashes.

Great feature, but definitely not for all users.
    A longer period between flashes would be nice, maybe every ten seconds and half as bright?
    The concern I had with the locator flash is it decreased my forty seconds of 200 lumens. It sapped the battery juice a little.
    --Jason--
    #67/#39

Just received a new 120T. This will be my 5th HDS that I have owned and surprisingly the only one with an off-center emitter. It doesn't affect the beam too much but up close it is noticeable. No worries though as this one has plans for a bit of a facelift.
    Click Here to view my lights

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Regarding Ti bezels, check in the MP. Member russtang of Unique Titanium had some and may still have some.
    Have you ever installed one from a Ti 170 on an aluminum bodied Ra?
    Ra 120/XPG -R4, Ra 100w, SC50W, H51+W, SC31W, H501W, Sunwayman V11R High CRI, DEFT FTP, McGizmo HD45, MR. Bulk Ti Dragon/RPM set, Mini 123W, 2 olight M20 Warriors, Alu ITP A3 & Ti ITP A3.

I set mine on my nightstand with the locator beacon. I used to have a black nightstand and this was almost too difficult to see for me so I would set it on a grey piece of paper which was better than white as the white reflected too much light. I now have a darker stained wood nightstand and it is is about perfect. I quite like the locator although I did have to adapt to it. The light is quite bright with dark adapted eyes and I do sometimes need to make it a point to stick the light bezel down to keep the light from driving me crazy. For me I feel like the dim blinking LEDs on cell phones would not be bright enough to be useful. I actually use it a lot in order to find the light in random places that I leave it. My favorite part of this feature is that I don't have to knock my light over at night try ing to find it to go to the bathroom.
    I sometimes use lights to make my photographs.

My Hi cri clickie arrived from Unique Titanium and wow, loving the XPG beam on this one
    If someone asked me last year, if I'd ever be happy with a 120 lumens.. I'd have looked at them funny
    Now my main light, though I still carry a Zebralight SC600 as a backup just cause my coworkers need to know who the brightest guy in the shop is ( Lumen wise )

Kendall
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Quote Originally Posted by AnAppleSnail View Post
    See our experiments on ultra lows we can't measure here:
    Project Lamplighter
    A similar project
    Yet another

I find that 2 D-cell alkalines, a 10 k-ohm resistor, and a white LED is enough light to get to the bathroom in the dark. Soon I'll have an HDS to compare this output to.
    I'm already subscribed to all three!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    A longer period between flashes would be nice, maybe every ten seconds and half as bright?
    The concern I had with the locator flash is it decreased my forty seconds of 200 lumens. It sapped the battery juice a little.
    Both of those changes would have gone a long way in making it more user friendly to me, but I'm happy with my Clicky programmed the way it is, which is why the high level of customization for the individual is so nice.

Incredible actually, since Henry really designed the light around his own needs, yet still thought enough to allow us to change the UI to satisfy a wide range of users.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by notsofast

Have you ever installed one from a Ti 170 on an aluminum bodied Ra?
    Henry used to offer Ti bezels as an option for all custom builds. I think Russ bought up the remaining stock when he discontinued that option. They were for the Legacy lights and will not work on the new ACME threaded lights.

I'd like to add a little something about the locator flash...

I was also originally interested by the locator flash, because I've lost 2 Fenix flashlights in the woods. 1 while camping, another while riding ATVs.

In both these cases I would have loved to have a flashlight with a locator beacon. The brighter the better, in this case. (Not too bright. )

I honestly hadn't considered using it in-doors, but it's interesting to see different view-points.

I'd love it if the flash would just start working by itself when it knew it was lost!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Flashaholic*

How about a "Find my HDS" application for the iPhone? Now that would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by thaugen View Post
    How about a "Find my HDS" application for the iPhone? Now that would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Darwinsdead View Post
    I like the idea of the locator flash but in practice it needs to be customizable.

This is the response I got from Henry about the GITD rings:

I assume you are planning on putting it under the lens - in which case you will need a 1x19mm. Use two to put one on each side of the lens.

Or you may want to consider a 1x6mm under the reflector - around the LED.

Anyone have any idea about dealers that are getting or have HDS back in stock?
    Still debating on HCRI or the 170t : /
    Thanks man! Was this in regards to the OGD emitter or XP-G? Anyone know where to get a 1x6 GITD o-ring? I got at least one of everything but 5ga. from the marketplace thread, but don't see anything offered in this size.
    Last edited by Jackyl; 04-17-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    - SureFire 6PD / Malkoff M60-Q5 / Z59 Clicky
    - HDS EDC-R1S-200
    - Fenix PD30-R4

Unenlightened

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.
    I ordered my first HDS light (an EDC 120) on December 19 and finally received it yesterday. After playing with it a while all I can say it was definitely worth the wait.
    For the last two years my edc light has been a Surefire E1L. It's a great light but I've got to tell you, I really love the HDS!!!! The build quality is amazing and the UI is not nearly as confusing as I thought it would be. I see a HCRI in my future.

This can't be good for my wallet.

Henry sent this in response to an e-mail I sent in March for a 170t so I would imagine it's for the XP-G. I looked on lighthound and didn't see any 1x6 rings...sorry but can't help there.

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt38 View Post
    I ordered my first HDS light (an EDC 120) on December 19 and finally received it yesterday.
    Good to hear. I placed my order on January 2, so hopefully it'll arrive soon. A couple weeks maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Darwinsdead View Post
    Henry sent this in response to an e-mail I sent in March for a 170t so I would imagine it's for the XP-G. I looked on lighthound and didn't see any 1x6 rings...sorry but can't help there.
    1/4 inch may be close enough. From Lighthound's page:

".19" inner diameter
    .28" outer diameter
    .045" thick"

4.83mm ID
    7.11mm OD
    1.14mm thick

I think I'll order myself one to try (Whenever my HDS arrive )
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.

Apple...please let us know if and when you purchase one of these o rings and how it fits. I looked at that exact one when I read what size Henry recommended. I would try it myself, but I haven't broken the factory bezel seal of my clicky yet. With my OCD (as screen name suggests), I can't bring myself to do it not knowing if the o-ring will fit properly.
    You Can't Fix STUPID!

Had a few minutes today to compare the tint of my older high CRI Clicky (100 lumens, early 2010) and the latest high CRI Clicky (120 lumens). The newer model (120 lumens) is definitely warmer in tint versus the older (100 lumen) model.

Hi guys, I' d like to ask you two questions:

from what I've understood, Henry is now producing HDS rotaries, clickies and Hi-CRIs regularly. May someone confirm it? Or is he still having production issues?

Do you think he will switch from the XP-G hi cri to the Nichia 92cri 4500k?
    LiteFlux LF2XT Q4 NAT [faulty...]; Preon Stealth Black

Lights are now being regularly produced as far as I know, and at the moment they're catching up on several months worth of back orders.

Henry could switch to a different emitter for the high CRI lights, but traditionally he thoroughly tests every component that goes in his products and then sticks with the ones that are proven reliable, so any change is unlikely to happen quickly, if it happens at all.

The very first of the XP-G hi cri lights are just now coming out, so it it not likely that the emitters will be changing soon.

bigfoot, is the newer version significantly brighter? How is the throw as compared to the legacy?

Thanks!

Id be curious as to how many lights there were backlogged. We talking a few hundred or a thousand, or???? Would you say most of the HDS customers are members of this forum? Just wondering what the demand on these is, and how many people that are not members of this site that purchase them. I would have probably never found them if I werent on this forum.
    Last edited by diesel79; 04-20-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Could someone please give me Henrys e mail address not the one on his website but the one begining with his name,it was the last e mail i sent & my server wont let me sign into my e mail account unless i give certain info.Thanks in advance.Dave

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    Id be curious as to how many lights there were backlogged. We talking a few hundred or a thousand, or???? Would you say most of the HDS customers are members of this forum? Just wondering what the demand on these is, and how many people that are not members of this site that purchase them. I would have probably never found them if I werent on this forum.
    There's really no way of knowing without Henry opening his books to us, and I really doubt he would do that. However, I think it's safe to say that his business is supported by more than just the handful of fanatics who frequent this forum. I know in the past he's had contracts with the US military.

Just a quick field report on my new high-CRI Rotary:

The beam shape is the same as my cool-white Rotary (sorry, when I've tried to do beamshots, Shaka, when the walls fell). Comparing the beam to my high-CRI Clicky with the Soul emitter, I'm not sure if I can say one is better than the other in terms of color rendering. When pointed at a white wall, the beam from the XPG has a very pleasant gold tint, which is very uniform. The beam from the Seoul is much more red. Also--and this is true of the other lights I have with high-CRI Seouls--the color of the beam is not uniform. It has a very cool, slightly blue hot-spot, and a red corona around that. The XPG light is clearly brighter than the Seoul light, and I'd have to say it's brighter than 120 lumen. The XPG is probably an improvement overall, but I don't think I'll be selling the "legacy" clicky with the Seoul any time soon. YMMV.
    The best weapon in the world is a flashlight. . . . Why? . . . So you can look deep into the other guy's eyes.

Does anyone know what the stickers next to the emitters on HDS lights (at least the legacy lights) signify? I'm looking at one of my lights and the little white sticker reads "T1RO 1016". Is this some kind of code that signifies the emitter, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by motigg View Post
    Does anyone know what the stickers next to the emitters on HDS lights (at least the legacy lights) signify? I'm looking at one of my lights and the little white sticker reads "T1RO 1016". Is this some kind of code that signifies the emitter, or what?
    What light you have?
    Peace and Love in the World

Well, in a way that's the question. It was sold to me as a high CRI, but I think it may have been modded to be a high CRI and that it was a different emitter before. So I'm trying to figure out how to tell, and I thought perhaps the sticker would provide some pertinent information.

Page 41 of 215 FirstFirst ... 313435363738394041424344454647485191141 ... LastLast