Storacell
Page 47 of 215 FirstFirst ... 374041424344454647484950515253545797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 6421

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 16

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 16

Well, so long as we're posting pics...

My 140n which Milky swapped in an XP-E [R2, ~5000k, cool white, just a tad blue and very little tint shift]

I love my HDS/Ra Clicky... My only wish would be a 5th(accessible thru a 2click press) mode, and a 2AA tube.

Anyone have any info on proposed clip for the rotary?

Here is my picture contribution
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Hey guys/gals, have I designed a cool accessory for u's that use a Rotary! For the low, low special this week only price of $9.99 plus $10.00 first class shipping ... IT CAN BE Yours! ...

Ok just fooling around! I actually found this ...

... while I was at the local Home Depot. I think it was only a couple of bucks, so I gave it a shot to see if it'll fit or work with one of my lights. And low and behold, it fit perfect on the Rotary. I've been using it on the Rotary for a few months now, and it's not coming off since it works so well. So I figured I'd pass this find along with y'all.

You'll see that I installed an o-ring I purchased at NAPA (largest one they had in their box of o-rings) to fill in the void. Without the o-ring it's too flimsy or soft.

That's about it, hope y'all are having a Great Weekend!

PS If any of u's are think'in, ... Man is Pops hand's dirty! ... Well, I just got done working with the dogs! ... as well as taking our Royal Highness Miss Harlee to the Vet! Why? ... So we could pay the Doc's BMW payment for her! .... LOL
    Last edited by AZPops; 05-19-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    Hey guys/gals, have I designed a cool accessory for u's that use a Rotary! For the low, low special this week only price of $9.99 plus $10.00 first class shipping ... IT CAN BE Yours! ...

Ok just fooling around! I actually found this ...

... while I was at the local Home Depot. I think it was only a couple of bucks, so I gave it a shot to see if it'll fit or work with one of my lights. And low and behold, it fit perfect on the Rotary. I've been using it on the Rotary for a few months now, and it's not coming off since it works so well. So I figured I'd pass this find along with y'all.

You'll see that I installed an o-ring I purchased at NAPA (largest one they had in their box of o-rings) to fill in the void. Without the o-ring it's too flimsy or soft.

That's about it, hope y'all are having a Great Weekend!

PS If any of u's are think'in, ... Man is Pops hand's dirty! ... Well, I just got done working with the dogs! ... as well as taking our Royal Highness Miss Harlee to the Vet! Why? ... So we could pay the Doc's BMW payment for her! .... LOL

that is brilliant !
    same way they engineer plastic stuff like Dyson vacs. parts of it is designed to be flexy
    and yet need to be sturdy, so they skipped trying to make single mold parts in some places and have layered
    certain spots for the flex and added strength.
    posted by jh333233
    Dont cheat me, im expert in using crap light

127.0.0.1 the rubber content or mixture in the grommet makes this accessory really nice to use with the Rotary since it has a sticky feel to it. And you're right, when used in conjunction with the o-ring it give’s the package a soild feel to it, giving the user a positive grip, even if your hands are dry/slippery.
    Last edited by AZPops; 05-19-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Good looking pooch AZpops.
    My dog ate my flashlight...

Quote Originally Posted by HIDblue View Post
    Good looking pooch AZpops.
    Thanks, you've got a good looking GSD yourself! ...

I asked Henry for another update, and the news is not particularly heartening. It's basically the same thing he's been telling us since March, almost word for word:

We had to fire our local shop for not delivering any parts after several months. The new shop is running late on the first article samples - I expect that approval this week. The production deliveries will be several weeks following that. It will take a couple of additional weeks after the parts are delivered to resume shipping. I apologize for the delay.
    And here's what he said on March 9th:

Quote Originally Posted by HDS_Systems View Post
    The latest shop is just starting to deliver the first article samples. The first part was approved earlier this week and we will be getting the first delivery of those parts shortly.
    Something doesn't quite add up. What exactly is going on here?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
    Something doesn't quite add up. What exactly is going on here?
    Time warp.

Weird indeed. If you look at the HDS update thread, someone posted that he/she has just received in May 2012 a HCRI light that he/she ordered in October 2011!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3948454

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    Weird indeed. If you look at the HDS update thread, someone posted that he/she has just received in May 2012 a HCRI light that he/she ordered in October 2011!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3948454
    Yea, crazy. I would actually order a HCRI if I thought I'd get it in 5 weeks as Henry suggests, but somehow I doubt I'd see it before August.

Enlightened

The other day I had to cancel my order that I had in with HDS since the beginning of Feb. Then I proceeded to place an order with a website that had my HDS e120 to me in 2 days, so someone out there is getting new stock of HDS lights. The question is how long did they wait? and how are they getting new stock while HDS claims that they are still waiting on approval of parts?

My guess is that it is the same story that it has been all along. A bunch of parts come in, a few are good, and a bunch are crap. Henry builds what lights he can and sends them out in the order they were purchased, whether that is from individuals or dealers. A couple people receive lights, most continue to wait. I feel sorry for the guy; after numerous communications with him over the past couple years about various things, I perceive him to be a hardworking, honest, trustworthy man. I can only imagine what all this nonsense is doing to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen View Post
    The other day I had to cancel my order that I had in with HDS since the beginning of Feb. Then I proceeded to place an order with a website that had my HDS e120 to me in 2 days, so someone out there is getting new stock of HDS lights. The question is how long did they wait? and how are they getting new stock while HDS claims that they are still waiting on approval of parts?
    Which website? I've tried to find other sites selling them, but none seem to have them in stock still. I'd ordered my Rotary from him thinking they were in stock and then got the 5 week email. I then went and bought from either LJ or BJ and had it in just a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    My guess is that it is the same story that it has been all along. A bunch of parts come in, a few are good, and a bunch are crap. Henry builds what lights he can and sends them out in the order they were purchased, whether that is from individuals or dealers. A couple people receive lights, most continue to wait. I feel sorry for the guy; after numerous communications with him over the past couple years about various things, I perceive him to be a hardworking, honest, trustworthy man. I can only imagine what all this nonsense is doing to him.

I perceive him that way too, even with just my limited interaction with him. Seems like a great guy. I think many people would be a lot less frustrated if he'd take 5 minutes each week just to make a quick post updating everyone on the status of everything. Everyone is just frustrated because they feel like they are in the dark.
    Last edited by Snareman; 05-22-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Which website? I've tried to find other sites selling them, but none seem to have them in stock still. I'd ordered my Rotary from him thinking they were in stock and then got the 5 week email. I then went and bought from either LJ or BJ and had it in just a few days.
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    I perceive him that way too, even with just my limited interaction with him. Seems like a great guy. I think many people would be a lot more frustrated if he'd take 5 minutes each week just to make a quick post updating everyone on the status of everything. Everyone is just frustrated because they feel like they are in the dark.

I agree 100%. He used to be a frequent poster here. I understand he is busy, but as you said, even one post per week would do much to assauge the fears and concerns of the membership.

I agree per my post 1,268 on this thread.

I agree 100%. He used to be a frequent poster here. I understand he is busy, but as you said, even one post per week would do much to assauge the fears and concerns of the membership.
    I dunno man, CPF'ers are a ravenous bunch.

More than likely it'd go down:
    "I asked you a question yesterday it's been 24 hours why aren't you answering?"
    "You answered someone else's question and not mine why don't you like me?"
    "You told us that last week I want to hear something different this week"

TGWNN posts several times daily in his Torpedo thread and people are still calling it "vaporware" and a "letdown".

As old as a lot of us are, a lot still show the patience of a ( me my first months as a CPF member)
    thought I was going to say a child, didn't you
    Last edited by CarpentryHero; 05-23-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Patients is a virtue. :0)

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post

TGWNN posts several times daily in his Torpedo thread and people are still calling it "vaporware" and a "letdown".
    That is an excellent point, although I do understand the frustration when a shipping delay time-frame is tripled or longer, especially when someone paid for the light.

I just received an email reply from one of his listed dealers stating that they haven't received a shipment since September. They went on to say they can't get a definitive answer either. I guess he's trying to get us to believe that in eight months he can't find a decent machine shop in all the purple mountain majesty. Maybe he should expand his search to other countries. (sigh, I think something is starting to smell)

While I understand the frustration, I am curious why some are bent on attributing nefarious motives to Henry and his business, especially new members with no previous history with him. Henry has been producing very high quality lights and providing outstanding customer service for many years, from the original HDS lights, to Novatac, to the Ra line, and now the updated HDS models. He has hit a rough patch, absolutely, but I don't understand why some feel there must be some deceit or dishonesty going on. I don't believe that.

While I understand the frustration, I am curious why some are bent on attributing nefarious motives to Henry and his business, especially new members with no previous history with him. Henry has been producing very high quality lights and providing outstanding customer service for many years, from the original HDS lights, to Novatac, to the Ra line, and now the updated HDS models. He has hit a rough patch, absolutely, but I don't understand why some feel there must be some deceit or dishonesty going on. I don't believe that.
    IMO, a lot of this is derived from (as you mentioned) the frustrations of the unorthodox way of ordering/purchasing a product.

On the other hand, these delays are keeping the secondary market price higher then if the products were readily available. A good example is another builder has discounted or reduced the pricing of his lights by approx. 25%, which in turn immediatley hurt his secoundary market. Should his customer (who purchased his light at the origional higher price) decide to sell it. They'll now take a much larger hit!

FWIW folks, I've done business with Henry when I ordered two lights directly from him, as well as when I had a warranty issue (a problem which Henry made me aware of, but more of that in a bit).

The fist light I ordered/purchased was in stock which was sent without delay. I canceled my second order after I found it listed by one of his European vendors, who (after I contacted the vendor) verified that the unit was in stock, I placed my order with this vendor. After doing so, I contacted Henry, after which he initiated an immediate refund!

The third time I worked with Henry was the time he tried teaching this idiot (telephonically) how to program my Rotary. While giving me instructions, "he" told me to send my light to him since it may have a glitch in the software that a few of earlier released Rotary's suffered. I reluctantly (since we just completed programmed the dang thing .... lol) sent him my Rotary. My light was returned in a week!

I aslo ordered a few accessories directly from him, all of these were sent without delay.

Last edited by AZPops; 05-23-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Hi bro, that's because they don't know who Henry is. I am sure you would have felt the same if you are new here and this is the first time you are dealing with Henry. As a supporter of Henry and his products, I too felt that he should have been more pro-active in the updating of his customers, whether he have good news or not. That said, I don't blame the new members for all the negative feelings towards Henry. Honest truth be told, I wouldn't have bothered about business with Henry if not for the fact that his products are real solid.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post

That might happen, but so what? His wall of silence obviously hasn't protected him from criticism, so I don't see how regular updates could possible make things any worse. But it's ultimately Henry's call. My primary concern is with the solvency of his company.

That said, my previous experience with Henry has been very positive. About a year ago, I reported to him that a previous light had started to develop a faulty tail switch, and he immediately sent out a new battery tube, no questions asked, and when I later had to send the same light in for service for a different problem, it was repaired and returned within two-weeks.

I just hope he can get things turned around, because I want to see him making flashlights for a long, long time.
    Last edited by the.Mtn.Man; 05-23-2012 at 02:40 AM.

I sent my 120e to henry for repair at the start of april.i asked for an update & he replied it was sent back to me on about the 22 of april.it still hasnt turned up yet so im starting to get a bit worried but im not going to hassle henry yet as he as always been a great person to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by davyro View Post
    I sent my 120e to henry for repair at the start of april.i asked for an update & he replied it was sent back to me on about the 22 of april.it still hasnt turned up yet so im starting to get a bit worried but im not going to hassle henry yet as he as always been a great person to deal with.

Awh man davyro, how long does things take to clear customs?

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    Awh man davyro, how long does things take to clear customs?
    You wouldnt believe it my friend but i posted the previous message from work.When i got home guess what was there waiting for me to play with hahaha.Yes its back & i'm thinking about sending it on its travels to get an nichia or neutral xml upgrade.As i think it will be a while before henry will start to get over his backlog.

Page 47 of 215 FirstFirst ... 374041424344454647484950515253545797147 ... LastLast