ArmyTek
Page 12 of 215 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262112 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 16

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 16

Quote Originally Posted by plasticarmymen View Post
    Just heard of yet another delay for a batch order by dealers I ordered with. Something to do with manufacturing issues for parts?
    Who did you hear this from?

Black decorative pocket clip, bezel down carry
    Well, here it is.
    I ordered and received one of the new HDS clips.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman1 View Post
    Well, here it is.
    I ordered and received one of the new HDS clips.
    So is the lip of the clip still so small it can't be slid over the top of a pocket without lifting it?

Yeah'a! >>>> (regarding Henry's $15.00 shipping fee for a Freak'in pocket clip).... But It's ORDERED!!!! ... .... Oh! Thanks for the Head's Up!

This just may be the most expensive Pocket Clip I'll ever buy! .... Heck when I get it ... maybe I'll polish it, pet it, install it, talk to it, take it off, then put it in the safe! ... LOL
    Last edited by AZPops; 01-10-2012 at 04:53 PM.

So is the lip of the clip still so small it can't be slid over the top of a pocket without lifting it?
    If you mean like the HDS standard clip?
    Yeah, pretty much.
    The lip remains the same.
    I holster mine anyway.

Henry must be making a fortune from his shipping fees lol

The black finish on these clips is awesome! Very much like the finish on the black bezels.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter21 View Post
    Yeah Shooter! And I'm in the Same State (actually 150 miles from Henry)! I just mailed a light to a neighboring State via USPS Priority with Tracking, Conformation, and insured for $250.00 for guess how much? ... No .... No .... Getting Close ... Done? .... Yeah, OK! .... $10.40 .... LOL

I gotta get my head examined, it's no wonder I'm always BROKE!

Seriously though, so far every thing I've ordered from Henry (my 170T, Flush Tail Cap & O-ring kit and now this Clip) I've had to pay the $15.00 shipping! However after this order, unless I really need the part or sending either of my lights in for warranty work. Aside from ordering a light, it's too expensive buying stuff from him.
    Last edited by AZPops; 01-10-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    Yeah Shooter! And I'm in the Same State (actually 150 miles from Henry)! I just mailed a light to a neighboring State via USPS Priority with Tracking, Conformation, and insured for $250.00 for guess how much? ... No .... No .... Getting Close ... Done? .... Yeah, OK! .... $10.40 .... LOL

I gotta get my head examined, it's no wonder I'm always BROKE!
    When I send packages they typically cost me $1.50 to $3.00 via regular US MAIL.

Thanks for the photos of the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter21 View Post
    That price probably includes the handling fees, and since HDS isn't a bulk operation, they probably don't get a discounted rate, either.

He's probably also hoping the high shipping charge will encourage people to buy from his dealers so he can spend time building lights and not shipping them.
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    He's probably also hoping the high shipping charge will encourage people to buy from his dealers so he can spend time building lights and not shipping them.
    Simple. Take down his web sales page. Refer all to dealers.

You guys realize you are only paying $15 but I am paying $40?
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post

I agree, but when you can't supply your dealers with product and when you're presently recieving over 100% of the Retail cost of the light (product's retail price + Shipping fees + sales tax if applicable) Up Front on all back orders (or to the end user). You don't need the vendors, well until a manufacture has inventory sitting on their self to sell on a wholesale basis.

In regards to shipping the light itself, yeah if you're in a different country you'll pay the higher cost of shipping + duties (in addtion to the time to fill out the customs paper work). However, I ordered my Rotary from the UK and it cost the vendor to send it via the Royal Mail (hold on let me look) ... Ok, the vendor paid $10.32 English lbs. to ship the light and I was charged only $5.79 English lbs. when I ordered the light.

On the same note, I ordered a custom light from the builder as well as accessories at a later date and was charged $6.00 shipping at check out.

However, I'm talking about $15.00 shipping for a $22.00 Pocket Clip! I'll post what the actual cost was to ship the clip.

Before anyone thinks I'm trashing HDS Systems, ... I'm a fan, heck I own a 170T and Rotary, purchased a flush tail cap and o-ring (since the vendors didn't have it in stock at the time, or I didn't find one that did) and now the pocket clip .... So we're just talking here!

PS to further emphasize my support of US made products in this case flashlights (not US based company who builds their product overseas).

I started several threads in a Dive Watch Collector’s forum I’m on (who's members are also into custom firearms, custom knives, etc.) to give them the heads up on and to start a discussion in regards to Henry’s lights, as well as Jason’s custom made lights.
    Last edited by AZPops; 01-11-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho

He could do that, but it would goof up the custom orders option. I don't know what the right answer is, I was just offering a possible reason. In any case, I'm sure charging a flat rate is much easier than calculating individually. But when a small Priority Flat Rate box is $5.00 anywhere in the country, I'm not sure why it's still $15.00. I'd get a huge stack of Flat Rate boxes and go with that like Don does for all his orders.
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    I agree, but when you can't supply your dealers with product and when you're presently recieving over 100% of the Retail cost of the light (product's retail price + Shipping fees + sales tax if applicable) Up Front on all back orders (or to the end user). You don't need the vendors, well until a manufacture has inventory sitting on their self to sell on a wholesale basis.

In regards to shipping the light itself, yeah if you're in a different country you'll pay the higher cost of shipping + duties (in addtion to the time to fill out the customs paper work). However, I ordered my Rotary from the UK and it cost the vendor to send it via the Royal Mail (hold on let me look) ... Ok, the vendor paid $10.32 English lbs. to ship the light and I was charged only $5.79 English lbs. when I ordered the light.

On the same note, I ordered a custom light from the builder as well as accessories at a later date and was charged $6.00 shipping at check out.

However, I'm talking about $15.00 shipping for a $22.00 Pocket Clip! I'll post what the actual cost was to ship the clip.

Before anyone thinks I'm trashing HDS Systems, ... I'm a fan, heck I own a 170T and Rotary, purchased a flush tail cap and o-ring (since the vendors didn't have it in stock at the time, or I didn't find one that did) and now the pocket clip .... So we're just talking here!
    I know you are a fan, so am I. Unlike you, I don't have a dealer here I can order it from. I just have to bite the bullet and pay $40 for shipping. I don't seem to have a choice in any cheaper shipping when checking out. I usually pay about $15 for shipping from the US via registered international mail but with HDS it is always via EMS shipping. Maybe the extra few dollars more is for insurance coverage I don't know. The last time I ordered a 17670 battery tube it costs $40 for shipping too. Luckily I have a light with Henry for servicing so I got him to piggyback the tube when returning the light to me.

Ok, I think we are all going off the track. This post is about HDS lights and not about shipping costs and duration. Let us get back on topic please.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!

Super Moderator

This post is about HDS lights and not about shipping costs and duration. Let us get back on topic please.
    Well said... would members please take note.
    Resistance is futile...

Does anyone know if this pocket clip will work bezel down with an HDS light? It's from a Solar Force L2 series, which I believe has a 1" body but I am unsure on the diameter of the clip ring.

http://www.lighthound.com/Solar-Forc...ip_p_3251.html

I have the same question about the Solarforce clip. I PMed a member who posted a picture (I believe on the "how do you edc your hds" thread) In his posting he mentioned the clip was modified. He may have been referring only to the lanyard he was using. In any case, I haven't heard back yet. If anyone has information, I'd appreciate it, too, as I think this clip would be a great option as it allows for a lanyard attachment.

Edit: here's the thread with the picture of the Solarforce clip on an HDS light.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...A-Clicky/page3
    Last edited by motigg; 01-11-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    Well said... would members please take note.
    I guess I don't see how a side discussion about HDS shipping prices is off-topic in a thread about HDS.

Quote Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
    I guess I don't see how a side discussion about HDS shipping prices is off-topic in a thread about HDS.
    Agreed, this is a forum, on a hds thread you should be able to discuss anything that has to do with hds. Thats being tints (which was moved) of the lights, shipping costs, gripes, questions, concerns, comments (either positive or negative)

I think some of these threads lose a lot of valuable information that many people would like to read or discuss because so many people are so worried about going off topic or they are moved to a different section and the hot topic dies because no one goes to read it anymore.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kgp View Post
    Agreed, this is a forum, on a hds thread you should be able to discuss anything that has to do with hds. Thats being tints (which was moved) of the lights, shipping costs, gripes, questions, concerns, comments (either positive or negative)

I think some of these threads lose a lot of valuable information that many people would like to read or discuss because so many people are so worried about going off topic or they are moved to a different section and the hot topic dies because no one goes to read it anymore.
    If you want to discuss HDS shipping issues, you may start a thread in the appropriate place; it is proving a distraction here.

While considering your next course of action, I suggest you bear in mind that engaging in a public dispute with a moderator is inadvisable.
    Resistance is futile...

Quote Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
    Who did you hear this from?
    Going gear.

So, has anyone received a new 120 lumen High CRI yet? I'm curious to see what emitter it uses.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    So, has anyone received a new 120 lumen High CRI yet? I'm curious to see what emitter it uses.
    I ordered mine about 4 or 5 days ago. Henry says there's an estimated 4 week wait due to machine shop issues.

It's unfortunate but things like this happen and I think I can wait. This isn't going to be my first HDS light so I understand there are standards of quality that have to be met.

More machine shop issues? I thought he got that mess sorted out months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticarmymen View Post
    Going gear.
    When did you hear of this news? Months ago? Or just a few days back?

Flashaholic*

Just a thought. Does anybody think that if Henty was to make a limited run twisty, would they sell?

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by LGT View Post
    Just a thought. Does anybody think that if Henty was to make a limited run twisty, would they sell?
    I know I'd be all over a couple of twisties. I'd especially love one of the 85Tr's with an 18650 tube. I'd also be happy to pay maybe $250 for one (or three).

Quote Originally Posted by LGT View Post
    I think the most we can say is that he would have a certain number of sure buyers on CPF. I doubt if too many general consumers would buy the twisty over the clicky.

When did you hear of this news? Months ago? Or just a few days back?
    A few days ago....heading into my third month of waiting soon......