The Fenix-Store
Page 25 of 215 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425262728293031323575125 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 16

Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 16

My Rotary is MY go to light when I'm headed out anywhere that is potentially dusty, grimey, or otherwise icky. I certaintly don't want to expose just any light to some of the adventures I have when on holiday , in the car hole, or geocaching. Only my Rotary is trusted for such important times. And, so far, I have had NO issues with dirt, dust, sand, or other elements getting into the Rotary dial. When my light has gotten icky and it needs a bath, I've run it under the water and used a little Dawn dishsoap (if available) and have given it a bath. Good as new. Rotary dial . . . fine. The light still works as well as the first day I got it.

"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by smarkum View Post
    My Rotary is MY go to light when I'm headed out anywhere that is potentially dusty, grimey, or otherwise icky. I certaintly don't want to expose just any light to some of the adventures I have when on holiday , in the car hole, or geocaching. Only my Rotary is trusted for such important times. And, so far, I have had NO issues with dirt, dust, sand, or other elements getting into the Rotary dial. When my light has gotten icky and it needs a bath, I've run it under the water and used a little Dawn dishsoap (if available) and have given it a bath. Good as new. Rotary dial . . . fine. The light still works as well as the first day I got it.
    Wow that is great to hear, makes me worry less but posts like these make wonder:

Quote Originally Posted by jayke View Post
    A few months ago I had my rotary in my bathing suit pocket when I was at the beach. That night when I went to turn the ring I heard sand crunching in there. Over time and trying to rinse it out it seems back to normal. I am concerned about the wear to the o-ring. Is there a way to open the rotary ring up to check it?
    I sometimes use lights to make my photographs.

Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!

I wouldn't worry . . . these lights are built tough. Got covered in mud today while geocaching. . . all washed clean now.
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by smarkum View Post

Are those tritium markers on the body that's a sexy add on
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Those are really nice pictures, thanks.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Heads Up! ... We got a NEW CLIP coming to town!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...vailable-soon)

This is not only gonna be a cool clip, but the bend at the end will make it slip right on! I'm using this clip on my Alpha A, and tried it on my BC25, .. and it works great!

Sweeeeeeeet

This is a shot in the dark but, does anyone know if there are any web sites that still have any hds 170's w/ golden dragon led still for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    Heads Up! ... We got a NEW CLIP coming to town!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...vailable-soon)

This is not only gonna be a cool clip, but the bend at the end will make it slip right on! I'm using this clip on my Alpha A, and tried it on my BC25, .. and it works great!
    That is a sweet looking clip. I don't see how in the h..l you'd ever be able to get it on a rotary though, at least under the tailcap like it goes on the clicky. I've got a Moddoo clip on my clicky, but I'll have to get one of these just to have it! Very nice looking clip. Since they're Ti, we can give 'em a little color treatment as well! Wooot!!
    Jeff

Someone with a Rotary ought to try putting a clip under the bezel. I did this with my original Twisty and a Moddoo clip and it worked pretty well in a bezel up configuration. You may need a thicker o-ring between reflector and lens though to take up the extra space and keep the lens from rattling.
    Haunted by the ghost of **DONOTDELETE**

Good news is Battery Station came through, and my HDS Rotary arrived today, I had to pay an extra $18 at the door when it arrived that stung abit since I'd already payed shipping. Thats the down side of being a Canadian
    Playing with the light the factory settings are good, think I'll change D. Probably won't attempt it tonight though as I'm wiped. The rotary truly is awesome and fun. Looking forward to my illumination supply HDS 120 (XML mod) to see how that beam looks.
    Wish I had a GDP as well But I'm out of doe

Quote Originally Posted by CarpentryHero View Post
    Good news is Battery Station came through, and my HDS Rotary arrived today, I had to pay an extra $18 at the door when it arrived that stung abit since I'd already payed shipping. Thats the down side of being a Canadian
    Playing with the light the factory settings are good, think I'll change D. Probably won't attempt it tonight though as I'm wiped. The rotary truly is awesome and fun. Looking forward to my illumination supply HDS 120 (XML mod) to see how that beam looks.
    Wish I had a GDP as well But I'm out of doe
    Let us know what you think between the Rotary and the XM-L modded 120.
    My dog ate my flashlight...

Absolutely

I did notice a flaw in mine, a chip/ hole of some sort on the tail

It was pretty well packaged so I don't think it happened in transit

Not a flaw, it's a pre drilled hole, thanks for the link in the following post (((edited)))
    Last edited by CarpentryHero; 02-07-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Thanks for clarifying

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by CarpentryHero View Post
    Absolutely

I did notice a flaw in mine, a chip/ hole of some sort on the tail

It was pretty well packaged so I don't think it happened in transit
    This was a previously discussed issue and I think a lot of rotary owners were curious to know what it was about. Good for rotary owners it doesn't effect the performance of the light.

Flashaholic*

That's Not a flaw or a chip, but part of the design.

Oh yeah I see it in the above pics, ok Whew

I really want the HDS Rotary but I need a pocket clip on an EDC light

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbeck180 View Post
    This is a shot in the dark but, does anyone know if there are any web sites that still have any hds 170's w/ golden dragon led still for sale?
    This may or may not be helpful, but the Ti Clicky's were all shipped with the emitter you're looking for.

I think a Nichia 119 modded could also make you pretty happy. One of the more pleasant emitters presently available.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

I'm looking to pull the trigger soon on a 200 rotary and 120 hcri clicky from hds. Does anyone know if the delay affects only rotaries or the whole range of flashlights? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    This may or may not be helpful, but the Ti Clicky's were all shipped with the emitter you're looking for.

I think a Nichia 119 modded could also make you pretty happy. One of the more pleasant emitters presently available.
    Thanks, I know the GD is probably outdated and the XPG is more efficient and probably gives an overall better beam. I just like the throw the GD give these small lights.

Quote Originally Posted by deklan View Post
    I'm looking to pull the trigger soon on a 200 rotary and 120 hcri clicky from hds. Does anyone know if the delay affects only rotaries or the whole range of flashlights? Thanks!
    I'm curious as to why 200 Rotary and 120 HCRI Clicky?
    The Rotary function seems ideal for the highest Quality light and the Clicky likewise seems like a match for the higher power, as it's simpler and arguably (maybe) better sealed.
    I can't wait to start taking macro pictures of plants with Rotary controlled high CRI light this spring.
    When I get a Clicky it will be the highest output model available, will probably program the meaner strobe and high as A and B as well.
    Anyhow, we all know how opinions are, just curious and putting that out there.
    Last edited by eh4; 02-07-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eh4 View Post
    I'm curious as to why 200 Rotary and 120 HCRI Clicky?
    The Rotary function seems ideal for the highest Quality light and the Clicky likewise seems like a match for the higher power, as it's simpler and arguably (maybe) better sealed.
    I can't wait to start taking macro pictures of plants with Rotary controlled high CRI light this spring.
    When I get a Clicky it will be the highest output model available, will probably program the meaner strobe and high as A and B as well.
    Anyhow, we all know how opinions are, just curious and putting that out there.
    I want to get a 200 in rotary form with a flush tailcap in order to tail stand - the rotary feature would allow me to dial in the exact amount of light I would want to bounce off the ceiling and 200 lumens would allow me to get a lot of output if I need it. I've already got a 170T and am very happy with it as I find that the clicky UI works best as an EDC for me. I will most likely add the 120 HCRI into my EDC rotation, while the 200 rotary will probably be in my bag. To each his own I may still get a 120 HCRI rotary and 200 clicky if funds permit :P

Different functions and needs, makes sense.
    Thanks for indulging me.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Someone with a Rotary ought to try putting a clip under the bezel. I did this with my original Twisty and a Moddoo clip and it worked pretty well in a bezel up configuration. You may need a thicker o-ring between reflector and lens though to take up the extra space and keep the lens from rattling.
    That's not a bad idea at all. As soon as Jason (Dark Sucks/Promethius lights....linked to by AZPops above) gets his new clips done, I'll try it on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbeck180 View Post
    Thanks, I know the GD is probably outdated and the XPG is more efficient and probably gives an overall better beam. I just like the throw the GD give these small lights.
    I've got the Rotary & the older 170T with the GD & i can tell you it's not dated one bit in my opinion,i love the beam from the 170T in fact i prefer it to my Rotary's beam,only just mind
    it's my personel view no doubt others will have different views,the thing is i waited for what seems ages until a 170T came up for sale & grabbed it as soon as one did.I searched lots of
    different avenues & out of all the places i got mine from Ebay.So theres hope for you,just keep on trying it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by davyro View Post
    I've got the Rotary & the older 170T with the GD & i can tell you it's not dated one bit in my opinion,i love the beam from the 170T in fact i prefer it to my Rotary's beam,only just mind
    it's my personel view no doubt others will have different views,the thing is i waited for what seems ages until a 170T came up for sale & grabbed it as soon as one did.I searched lots of
    different avenues & out of all the places i got mine from Ebay.So theres hope for you,just keep on trying it's worth it.
    Thanks for the encouragement :0)

I have the 120 with the GD, I know there will probably only be a small difference, probably just a marginal distance in throw between the 120 and 170. But I would still like to find one. Might try something over at the market place.

Quote Originally Posted by chris975d View Post
    That's not a bad idea at all. As soon as Jason (Dark Sucks/Promethius lights....linked to by AZPops above) gets his new clips done, I'll try it on mine.
    There are not enough threads. You need a new bezel or to turn that one down a little.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Does anybody know of a runtime test of the rotary 200 at max brightness with the burst mode disabled? Just curious to know the runtimes. 140 lumens is a decent step down from 200. Thanks!
    I sometimes use lights to make my photographs.

... I just finish reading the freak’in programming instructions ... ...Well, … anyone in Arizona (to more specific in the West Phoenix area) who while we're eating breakfast (yeah whatever you like, rib eye steak an eggs at the Ritz-Carlton Biltmore Park, .. Absolutely No problemo) program my Rotary?

All I'd like to do is change the present triple click beacon to a strobe. The reason for the strobe is to get a person/s immediate attention, as well as being a locator (you know, if my ankle’s caught in a bear trap or a similar situation)!

It would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Last edited by AZPops; 02-08-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    ... I just finish reading the freak’in programming instructions ... ...Well, … anyone in Arizona (to more specific in the West Phoenix area) who while we're eating breakfast (yeah whatever you like, rib eye steak an eggs at the Ritz-Carlton Biltmore Park, .. Absolutely No problemo) program my Rotary?

All I'd like to do is change the present triple click beacon to a strobe. The reason for the strobe is to get a person/s immediate attention, as well as being a locator (you know, if my ankle’s caught in a bear trap or a similar situation)!

It would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Don't lose hope!
    It gets easier with practice.

Page 25 of 215 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425262728293031323575125 ... LastLast