Rayovac Indestructable?

matt4270

Newly Enlightened
Anyone get one of Home Depot's exclusive Rayovac Indestructable lights yet? They have a 3C, 2AA, and 3AAA headlamp. The 2AA is $15-, and the headlamp is $13-. Both claim 100 lumens on high, and 30 on low, with a forward clicky and momentary on. These might be worth a try!

retiredguns

Newly Enlightened

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

AA Model

Rayovac has created a line of flashlights that are virtually indestructible yet affordable. Filling a need for flashlights that can stand up the challenges life can bring, going above and beyond customer expectations. These are Rayovacs toughest most durable lights to date. They meet the Rayovac standard of quality at value prices. Rayovac is looking forward to having customers put these lights to the test, on the job and in their homes.

• 30 ft. drop test performance
  • IPX4 water resistant
  • High performance LEDs, custom optics and 2 modes 100 lumens, 18 lumens (energy saver)
  • Battery run time (alkaline batteries incl.): 15 hours, 35 hours (energy saver)
  • Rubber head and tail cap shock absorbers, aluminum titanium alloy, and toughness
  • Impact resisting internal engineering, protected tactical tail cap switch
  • Ergonomic design with thumb area built in
  • Designed for maximum durability and simplicity
  • Beam distance: 149 m on high
  • Note: Product may vary by store.
  • MFG Brand Name : Rayovac
  • MFG Model # : DIY2AA-B
  • MFG Part # : DIY2AA-B

Last edited by a moderator:

matt4270

Newly Enlightened
Go to Rayovac's website, click lights, and they should be under work lights.

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Hey, so funny. I just got one about an hour ago. I gotta say, this little light is pretty damn bright for a cheap store brand light. And, it has great throw too!
It is a bit bulkier than it looks in the pictures though. Heavy too, its metal, with rubber bezel protector and tailswitch. I really like it.
The box says 120 lumens, but I would say that its about as bright as my G2 nitrolon. The Rayovac has a bit tighter hot spot though. Hope that helps.
Dave

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Rayovac AA. I LIKE it, really. The LED is well-centered, it seems to hold in regulation on Eneloops for a long time, and it feels sturdy. If you neat a cheapie beater, it's a good choice.

Home Depot has a short line for returns, too.

kreisler

Banned
its a chaep trick to protect the torch with rubber since rubber is elastic and doesnt absorb the torture energ. if i encapsulate my 5$ Romisen fully with rubber (except for a beam hole), i would be indestructible too: shock test, drop test, drag test, hammer test, etc.

youtube has a series of Rayovac Indestructible official test videos. As impressive as they are, take out the rubber parts and then try it again!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
its a chaep trick to protect the torch with rubber since rubber is elastic and doesnt absorb the torture energ. if i encapsulate my 5$ Romisen fully with rubber (except for a beam hole), i would be indestructible too: shock test, drop test, drag test, hammer test, etc.

youtube has a series of Rayovac Indestructible official test videos. As impressive as they are, take out the rubber parts and then try it again!

Well, it's a cheap light so I'm fine with cheap tricks being used. If _flashlight company_ used the expensive trick of wrapping the crunchy bits in titanium, well, take away the titanium and try the torture test. Invalid argument, right?

I do agree - the rubber bumpers will show wear sooner than aluminum would, ditto for the plastic lens window. But that's part of a cheap light.

kreisler

Banned
But that's part of a cheap light.
these flashlights are hard to buy in Europe. home depot? we dont have that. but we all have mcdonalds and coors and maclights.
[*]IPX4 water resistant
gotta be kiddin me. my E03 has a 10m dunk resistance hehe.

i would want one (hmm..) though. if they are cheap, then this thread should be in the budget lights forum section haha

Last edited:

cccpull

Enlightened
Great little light for the money. I got the headlamp a few weeks ago and this light on high, it's pretty bright (sure looks like the claimed 100 lm) and has very good throw. This light is more for outdoors because of the tight beam.
Seems pretty rugged and came with two headbands, one for helmet mount. Definitely worth the $13.

matt4270

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! I'll try to pick up a 2AA and a Headlight this weekend.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the AA and C version! Love em both!!! Do not care if they have a plastic lens and I like the rubber ends. They are made of very heavy metal, and have a "Tim The Toolman" feel to them!! ARG-ARGH-ARGH!!!! :nana:

ragweed

Enlightened
I am sure they are covered under Rayovac's lifetime warranty as well. Sent an 8 year old yellow style incan in that quit working & got a new one back in 3 weeks!

matt4270

Newly Enlightened
I got a 2AA today,..the headlamps were sold out at my store. This thing is nice and beefy. Next to my Fenix TK20, it has the same chunky feel, thick battery tube, is about 1/4" longer ( 6 1/2"), and has the same type of beam, with a tight hotspot and good spill. I lubed the threads and contacts with CRC-226 and it's nice and smooth. GREAT for $15- and will definatly get a headlamp asap! Its daylight now, so I will have to wait for dark to get a better comparision of this and the Fenix. This will probably live in the driver's door pocket of my car, fueled by Energizer L91 liths for good shelf life and cold weather performance.

KevinTaylor

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, new to the forum! Anyway, I've heard a lot about this light from a friend who works for their sister compnany, sounds really great. I looked on their website and found out they make more models than the ones only sold at Home Depot, and my friend gave me a code for 10% off - spectrum10. Thinking about getting the 3C lantern, it looks pretty sweet!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Hey guys, new to the forum! Anyway, I've heard a lot about this light from a friend who works for their sister compnany, sounds really great. I looked on their website and found out they make more models than the ones only sold at Home Depot, and my friend gave me a code for 10% off - spectrum10. Thinking about getting the 3C lantern, it looks pretty sweet!
Rayovac does make more stuff..... but the indestructable line is the newest offering. I think you are talking about the 3D LED lantern that is sold at lowes I think for around ~$25 if I remember correctly.

purelite

Enlightened
I have been going back to look at the 3C model every time I am at Home Depot. On the package it says there is titanium used in the light. So where do you think the Titanium is? :) Its like they are trying to say the body is made of the stuff. DOUBT IT!!!!

For $25 I gotta say I would buy one over a Maglite LED in a heartbeat. I just cant justify getting though since I already have the Mag 2D led

matt4270

Newly Enlightened
The 2AA is great! Grab that 3C,.. you won't regret it for the money! The titanium must be the paint/coating, and it feels like the "titanium" coating on my Kershaw Skyline knife blade. This light struck me today as a great worklight for technical or construction work. Tough and bright enough to make you not regret having not brought a $75- light with you, and cheap enough to not regret bringing it if it gets damaged or lost. I love my Fenix TK20, and understand it's worth, but if I had bought the Rayo for $15-first, and paid $60- for the Fenix after, I'd be sending the Fenix back for a refund! Nice neutral beam color as well.

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
I snagged one when I went looking at the sale HD had on the MagLite 3D LED's.

I grabbed two ML's at Lowe's the day before, so I wasn't too miffed about HD being sold out...however, I didn't want to waste the trip.

Great light for 15 bucks!

Last edited: