Switch thread?

Harold_B

Enlightened
Am I not looking in the right place or is the Switch Bulb thread that had the updates about market release no longer here? Was it deleted by the OP or an admin?

Curious. I was hoping that those that were signed up would post updates.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably by an admin. The sign up link in the OP can be considered 'advertising'.
Google still have a usable cache if you want to sign up.

It might take some time before that bulb is released if ever. That bulb looks too expensive compared to the flood of 60W and up equivalents LED hitting the market now.
I think they started to design it when LED light bulbs were $54 to $99. With the Philips 60W equivalent 'alien head' down to $30 in Canada (I believe $25 in the US) the Switch will have a hard time being price competitive. There is talk of a $15 60W and 100W equivalent in the new year.

Harold_B

Enlightened
I suppose it is a fine line between a manufacturers' link and an advertisers' link especially when there are no retailers currently. Even more so gray when the product is currently vaporware. I appreciate that CPF isn't turning into a spamfest like some groups on LinkedIn have become but perhaps a notification or locked thread icon would be in order for those watching the thread.

Not sure where Switch will fall in the market if they make there. Perhaps there will be a place for aesthetically pleasing bulbs that cost a little more and they will have a niche. They were shooting for a low price but like all the others, I'll believe it when I see it.

BM_lol

Newly Enlightened
Well I guess posting a link with reference is considered an ad...sigh

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Switch was initially threatening to be $20 for the "100W equivalent" but have since backed off that claim. At this point, I might pay $30 for such a beast - might even tolerate yet another warm light source just due to its unique, "tube amplifier" look.