• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: P/C/Z-Series Compatible 18500 Body Tube

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like the title says. Looking for an P/Z/C-series compatible 18500 body to go with a Z41 tailcap and Z44 bezel.

Thanks,
Wilkey

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip Chris. I totally agree, the Moddoolar stuff is top notch. I'm looking for the shortest P-series compatible tube though. I know it's a longshot but if anyone has a Leef 18500 black tube, please drop me a PM with your price.
Thanks!
Wilkey

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Yes, I agree as well... I just ordered a 2x18500 Moddoo tube, but have a WTB out there for the Leef as well...

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the recommendation Chris,

Wilkey, the TL5O with P60 interface will be as short as any other 18500 host.
Plus, you get the bonus of the gap elimination when using the P60 interface.

If you are trying get really short, you can even use a TL34 cell tube with a ZRS switch, and have an amazingly compact 18500 twisty setup.
NOTE, I twist the head end when running this setup, it is easy to do 1 handed.

The new DB tails are a nice match too.
http://www.oveready.com/surefire-parts/tailcaps/diamondback-aluminum-tailcap/prod_258.html

Dan is working on some new pics for you guys.
The delrin model pic is a good reference.
http://www.oveready.com/surefire-pa...lrin-cap-for-metal-lights-black/prod_248.html

Good luck with your lego man.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the recommendation Chris,

Wilkey, the TL5O with P60 interface will be as short as any other 18500 host.
Plus, you get the bonus of the gap elimination when using the P60 interface.

If you are trying get really short, you can even use a TL34 cell tube with a ZRS switch, and have an amazingly compact 18500 twisty setup.
NOTE, I twist the head end when running this setup, it is easy to do 1 handed.

The new DB tails are a nice match too.
http://www.oveready.com/surefire-parts/tailcaps/diamondback-aluminum-tailcap/prod_258.html

Dan is working on some new pics for you guys.
The delrin model pic is a good reference.
http://www.oveready.com/surefire-pa...lrin-cap-for-metal-lights-black/prod_248.html

Good luck with your lego man.
So let me see if I've got this straight. A Leef 18500 body will be about the same length as a TL50+P60 adapter? I think it would be desirable to have the same HAIII finish on the bezel, body, and tailcap so that's a benefit of the Moddoolar system. I'm not into twisties so the DB tailcap has to work with the VanIsleDSM FETie switch core. If that's for sure, then I'm on board. So, bottom line is if the length is no more than a Leef, then I'm sold. Having to use an adapter isn't really a problem.

Will look forward to the photos of the alum-DB tailcap.

Wilkey

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bored some surefire LU60 (I think) bodies for 18mm cells, they are 18500 sized but the p60 socket is tapered differently so they will need to be bored out a bit to accept standard dropins. I like the size of these better than 3p because the length fits my hand perfectly

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
A Leef 18500 body will be about the same length as a TL50+P60 adapter?

A Moddoolar body with C (P60) is the same length as a SF or Leef for the same battery. A Moddoolar body with M (D26) is the same length as a SF or Leef for the same battery. A Moddoolar body with Moddoolar head is 10mm shorter with the same size battery.

I'm not into twisties so the DB tailcap has to work with the VanIsleDSM FETie switch core.

The DB tailcaps are functionally identical to Z41's, can be ordered empty, and outfitted with any switch compatible with the Z41.