Gear to help you conquer!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choices for a small single 18650 EDC light.

Default Re: Choices for a small single 18650 EDC light.

The SC600 i own is amazing, easily blows away my Quark AA with 14500 and throws a useful beam for about 70 metres, but other small 1 18650 lights include the Thrunite TN12, the Spark SL6.

Quote Originally Posted by yifu View Post
    The SC600 i own is amazing, easily blows away my Quark AA with 14500 and throws a useful beam for about 70 metres, but other small 1 18650 lights include the Thrunite TN12, the Spark SL6.
    Haha, that's not comparing apples to apples!

I like the Klarus XT-10
    It fits in most holsters that the Surefire 6P would fit in.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Quote Originally Posted by Chidwack View Post
    I have three lights in this category. First one I bought was a Olight M20s. I later bought a Shiningbeam S-mini R5. Much smaller, 1/3 the price of the M20, doesn't throw as far but it's just about as bright. Lastly I bought a Shiningbeam Blaze. It is now my favorite single cell 18650 light. It feels more solid than either of the other two. It's much brighter than the Olight and throws a little better. I'm not sure I could find a better light in it's class for anywhere close to the $58 I paid for it minus the 6% CPF discount. I don't have a Zebralight SC600 to compare it to but I doubt the Zebralight has anything over the Blaze except for maybe being just a little smaller and lighter which isn't always a good thing. The Zebralight shuts down off turbo mode after about 5 minutes or so because it gets too hot. I don't have that problem with the Blaze. The Blaze is 720 lumens on high mode which is close to the stated output of the Zebralight.
    The Zebralight SC600 can only maintain that 700 lumen level for 5 minutes and then it drops all the way down to 500 lumens. I don't know how long the Blaze will maintain its maximum output before it drops off or what it drops off to. That 720 lumens rating by the way is at the emitter OTF is probably about 600 lumens.

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill1109 View Post
    If you like throwers you'll love the Jetbeam BC25, it's like a baby TK35. I used to lug around the TK35 in my pack, but when i got this, it took the TK35's place. Not as powerful, but just right for my needs. The small profile makes it ideal to carry around, not like the other throwers with much larger heads. (Ex. Xeno G42, TK21, TN11, Catapult V3, Olight i6, etc etc etc I considered all of those, but ended up with this one) I dont need a ZL SC600 as I EDC a Quark AA 14500. One floody light is enough.
    any other impressions on the bc25 i've been eyeing that one as well

Quark turbo?
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Quote Originally Posted by Chidwack View Post
    Lastly I bought a Shiningbeam Blaze. It is now my favorite single cell 18650 light. I'm not sure I could find a better light in it's class for anywhere close to the $58 I paid for it minus the 6% CPF discount.
    I agree - the Shiningbeam Blaze is a wonder, beautifully machined, well balanced and startingly bright. Bryan hit a home run with this one.

Unenlightened

This thread really needs updating.

I am looking for exactly this but the thread was started 3 yrs ago and hasn't had a post in 2 years.

Anyone got any feedback on the latest and greatest in this range.

Cheers

I just bought a P20C2 MKII EagleTac, it looks great I get it today

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper4560 View Post
    I just bought a P20C2 MKII EagleTac, it looks great I get it today

That's of no help whatsoever. That flashlight does not take a 18650 battery, but a 17650 one. I am specifically after a small and powerful EDC that will take an 18650 battery as I have numerous of these already.....thanks

Okay, then go for the T20C2 MKII. That takes an 18650. No need to get all grumpy there pal.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper4560 View Post
    Okay, then go for the T20C2 MKII. That takes an 18650. No need to get all grumpy there pal.
    That's better, thanks. Having a look now. What do you think of your P20C2 MKII?

I love the P20C2, and the T20C2 is even better! It's small, light weight, and honestly I can carry it without even feeling like I'm carrying anything

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill1109 View Post
    If you like throwers you'll love the Jetbeam BC25, it's like a baby TK35. I used to lug around the TK35 in my pack, but when i got this, it took the TK35's place. Not as powerful, but just right for my needs. The small profile makes it ideal to carry around, not like the other throwers with much larger heads. (Ex. Xeno G42, TK21, TN11, Catapult V3, Olight i6, etc etc etc I considered all of those, but ended up with this one) I dont need a ZL SC600 as I EDC a Quark AA 14500. One floody light is enough.
    If you want throw, the most you can get with a single 18650, then Vinh's SLUT is the answer, with 240 k cd and 1,200 OTF Lumens (and with a reflector, not aspheric).

You might be interested in the P12, it's got a pretty slim profile when the grip ring is taken off.
    http://youtu.be/2XYY6QfxVDM

Sent from my HTC One using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12