Dad, where's the grey flashlight?

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
Last night my daughter was asked to take our dog out. By the front door, there is a desk with four flashlights. As she puts her jacket on, she looks at the lights on the desk and calls out, "Dad, where is the grey flashlight"? She is ten years old and knows how to operate all the lights. I have never told her about the cost or run times or lumen output or beam pattern of any of the lights. I have never talked to her about which UI I like best. He he, kids can figure all this out.

The grey flashlight is a Zebralight sc31 warm flood. Today, another "grey" flashlight should be arriving in the mail, the sc600. With what is arguably the best UI made, and a form factor that can't be beat, what else would have I ordered after owning the sc31w?

I guess the real test then, is which "grey" light my daughter will prefer now. Kids will call it like it is.

P.S.

the machining finish and natural anodizing on the sc31 is stunning.

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curiosity is how kids develop into adult,
I understand this because i was doing this XD

kreisler

Banned
sounds almost like a Xmas story..
little daughter, dog, dark, walk, little flashlight, cold, nature, zebras, wood, xmas trees, ..

sweet :)

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
Wait, so where is the grey flashlight?

It was on my nightstand. Sometimes I use the lowest setting as a nightlight(.4 lumens). I am very interested in using the sc600's .1 lumens as a nightlight.

Just out of curiousity, does Zebralight retain any exclusivity with its UI for any length of time?