FENIX E01, really 10 lumens ?!

radu1976

Enlightened
Have they measured the OTF or the emitter lumens ?
I have compared my E01 to a few lights doing a ceiling bounce test and :
- E01 has the same brightness with my SUREFIRE E1B on LOW
- it's clearly brighter than STR. PROTAC AA EMS on LOW but less bright than the same light on MED - AA EMS is rated as having 3.6 and 10 lumens for LOW and HIGH
- pretty much the same brightness as my INOVA X1 6/55 lumens on LOW

Conclusion : my E01 has 6-7 lumens.
I am not sure if I have an underachiever - if we can speak about that for this level of brightness -
I am wondering if the E05 - which I plan to get quite soon - has really 27 lumens or only around 20 lumens, like STR. MICROSTREAM I.
I have a LUMINTOP WORM incoming - whose LOW is rated for 10 lumens - so it will be a good opportunity to compare E01 to another light.

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
Yeah it was measured a few years ago to be around 6-7 lumens. I think Fenix has started measuring OTF since it's introduction but don't quote me on that.

michman

Newly Enlightened
I have a few E01s, and I find that some are brighter than others. Just a few days ago I picked up another one which happen to be neutral/warm white. So far its the brightest off all the E01s I have. Not sure on the lumen output, but I would say that it is at the very least 10 lm.

Streamer

Enlightened
I've read the majority of threads on CPF forum on the EO1.

I have gleaned that the EO1 is less than 10 lumens. More like 6-8.

michman

Newly Enlightened
I've read the majority of threads on CPF forum on the EO1.

I have gleaned that the EO1 is less than 10 lumens. More like 6-8.

I would largely agree with you. My neutral E01 is about the third ramping level of my EZAA R5. The rest are comparable to the 6 lm low.

yifu

Enlightened
Most 5mm LEDs produce only 10 lumens when driven within spec so it's probably around 6-7 lumens factoring in reflector loss.

adam38654

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tested the otf lumens of the AAA minimag Tektite LT-3 LED drop in?

What other lites are comparable in this class?

kreisler

Banned
I have a LUMINTOP WORM incoming - whose LOW is rated for 10 lumens - so it will be a good opportunity to compare E01 to another light.
i own LUMINTOP WORM stainless steel (has XP-G R5; confirmed!) and aluminum (has XP-E R2).
incoming, i have iTP A3 eos. so i will be able to compare its output with my beloved worms, and finally do a comparative review on the Worms. the 2 worms have different outputs and beam pattern (hotspot size, spill area; the aluminum has a nicely concentrated beam with 42m throw (FL-1 Standard) whereas the SS has a floody beam with large hotspot). You surely made a great choice; the worms are of extreme high built quality and i would never expect them to fail (like the iTP A3, as reported by users). apart from that, you get the FREE lifetime hassle-free warranty.

which worm have you on order?

sorry, not hijacking this thread haha. I was once interested in the Fenix E01 too.. and many other AAA lights (incl. Preon Revo, Klarus MiX6, ..) but my final decision went to the Worms, and i never regretted this decision.

Last edited:

ragweed

Enlightened
Its probably 7-8 lumens OTF but, it gets the job done! I have one that has a white beam with no blue/purple. Guess I won the tint lottery on that one!

radu1976

Enlightened
Kreisler,
Sometimes I am in a 1AAA mood :)
I ordered a golden WORM - I like the throw even sacrifying a bit of output - and I decided to get it after seeing Selfbuilt's review , perfect regulation with a Ni-MH cell - which is a must for me - .
On LOW - 10 lumens - it does have the same runtime with E01 but if those are real 10 lumens, then it must be a more efficient light than FENIX.
One minus before getting it : lack of gripping

I also have a THRUNITE Ti incoming , probably one of the best lights for the money; period. Maybe not a perfect regulation but efficiency seems very good while the price tempting .

I sold my ITP A3 - one mode - quite recently, it had more output than other AAA lights but quite short and not the perfect regulation ... nice light though.

I also had the NEXTORCH K1 - very small - but the output wasn't too great in regards to its runtime, nice throw but ugly hotspot with a big hole there.

BUT maybe the most efficient - or one of the most efficient lights - is DQG mini AAA which puts 60 worm lumens for 1.5hrs in super regulation ; HKJ has a review on N-LIGHT B3 which is using the same circuit . Not sure if there is other AAA light to match its output/runtime.

KLARUS Mi10 was also on my list being very efficient but quite pricey, I preffer to get the WORM and Ti rather than that light.

Although I like the throw I am to order a FENIX E05 as it has perfect regulation with ... ALKALINEs for 2hrs !! No other light is as good as E05 on alkies.

NITECORE T0 ... supposed to be E01 killer but reports aren't that good ; looks good but EO1 seems better.

SUNWAYMAN R01A is to be released soon in many colours, it will be another contender for E01:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...-addicts/page3

THRUNITE Ti
must have one of the best throws for its size.

Hopefully my thread won't be closed because of this off-topic opinions.