TLE-6EXB or TTS-3WCR45 for 3D Maglite

Nick123

Newly Enlightened
Any opinions on whether a TLE-6EXB or TTS-3WCR45 would be better to use in a 3 D Maglite?

Thanks

Lightwriter

Newly Enlightened
Any opinions on whether a TLE-6EXB or TTS-3WCR45 would be better to use in a 3 D Maglite?

Thanks

I'm happy with my TLE-6EXB. Similar performance to my 3D MagLED Rebel (The Terralux also uses a Rebel). It's about $13-$15 at Amazon.

Are you located in the USA?

The TTS-3WCR45 seems to be more readily available on the other side of the pond. Between my 3D MagLED Rebel and 2D MagLED Cree XP-E the Cree is slightly brighter but still similar overall to the Rebel.

I would go with whatever is cheaper and easier to get.

Last edited:

vickers214

Enlightened
I have had both, the Phillips drop in is better on 3 cells but the Teralux was slightly whiter, to be honest there was very little in it

PerttiK

Enlightened
I have both in 4-6 cell variants, and the only difference i have noticed is that the rebel one has more neutral tint and the xp-e is more blueish.

Nick123

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the opinions. Sounds like very little difference between the two of them then. In theory the TTS-3WCR45 should be brighter at 180 lumens compared to the TLE-6EXB at only 140 lumens.

I am over in the UK so both available but about $22 each.

vickers214

Enlightened
It is brighter, but like you I used to think the difference would be greater but if you look into it it's how you notice brightness with your eyes,140 to 180 is not really that big a jump, both are useful upgrades though and worth doing, but if you look about you can get miles more light out of a much smaller torch,i give you an eagletac p100a2 with the s2emitter,328 lumens off 2aa batteries, and with shipping and discount from the us about 30 ish pound, there are others if you look about I'm just a big et pure white tint fan

Nick123

Newly Enlightened
Maybe better if buying new but I have already got a 3 D Maglite, just needs the LED upgrade.

Nick123

Newly Enlightened
Been doing more reading and it sounds like the best thing might be the Niteize 1W.

tjhabak

Enlightened
The Fusion 36 drop-in available on EBay may also be a good option for you. For the money, nothing comes close to as bright.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

marcl

Newly Enlightened
How many watt is the Fusion 36 surely it would be much higher consumption than the Cree in the TTS? Or am I wrong?

Marc.