Foxfury Scout        

Thread: Tapatalk & Forum Runner

Wink2 Tapatalk & Forum Runner

Both CandlePowerForums and CPFMarketPlace are now compatible with Tapatalk and Forum Runner.

Do a search for "candlepowerforums" and/or "cpfmarketplace" and they should pop right up.

I have tested both tapatalk and forum runner and they work just fine for me!

Thanks for getting that patched up Greta!

Default Re: Tapatalk & Forum Runner

Tried CPF and Market place with Taptalk on my iphone last night. Works! Searching 'candlepower forums' had no results. Searching 'flashlight' found CPF and Marketplace.

I've been using Tapatalk for awhile. I assume there was some kind of problem recently?

Hopefully not out of line to ask in this thread but...

Anyone know how to go to "first unread" in a participated thread on tapatalk?

Been using the free version of Forumrunner for many months now for CPF & CPFM.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofPrey View Post
    I've been using Tapatalk for awhile. I assume there was some kind of problem recently?

Have you gone to... CPF Settings(top right corner)>My Settings>General settings...

and set preferences to automatically subscribe you to any threads you post in ?

After that ... any replies to those threads will show up on the "Settings" page .

Until you click "thread tools" and Un-subscribe yourself from any further replies .

~
    ~ "She" says ...... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofPrey View Post

Do you have an Apple or Android device?
    - Apple, go main screen that shows all the forums
    - touch settings
    - scroll down to thread and change loading behavior to 'first unread'

- Android, open tapatalk and hit the menu button
    - press 'settings' if on main screen, if browsing a forum press 'more' and then 'settings'
    - scroll down to threads and change loading behavior to 'first unread'

thanks!
    I was looking (admitedly not hard) for that option!
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

I used to be able to use a normal browser on my android phone to post on CPF, but since this update I can only see posts, not make posts. I have the option to make the posts, but I can't type anything into the box where you normally type. Is anyone else having this problem, or know a solution? I want to be able to make posts from my phone, but the free version of these special forum programs can't make posts, you have to pay to get a program that can, which is pretty frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    Is anyone else having this problem, or know a solution?

... but the free version of these special forum programs can't make posts, you have to pay to get a program that can...
    And there you have your solution. There's nothing I can do about that... that's Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    And there you have your solution. There's nothing I can do about that... that's Tapatalk.
    LOL, alrighty, thanks anyway.

FYI, whatever you did to the marketplace a few days ago (when you took it offline for a while) made it so I can post from my phone there without any special software, just a browser.

Still a no go on CPF proper

If you want the full version of tapatalk for free go to getjar.com and download the getjar app. Then look for tapatalk and download the full version for free. Saves you a couple of bucks. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikelite View Post
    If you want the full version of tapatalk for free go to getjar.com and download the getjar app. Then look for tapatalk and download the full version for free. Saves you a couple of bucks. Enjoy.
    Using it right now, thanks!

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

~

I just noticed there is a Tapatalkdetect.script

So if you have anything that might block that script ......

Either in Tapatalk or Forum Runner ...... you may have issues ?

~
    ~ "She" says ...... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

Hi Greta,

Are all the FR and TT settings dialed and styled on your end? Recently, I have noticed that when I browse with these apps, some of the threads stay bold type in the titles like they are new or unread even after many days. Usually they were bold if there was new posts, and then after 48 hrs or so of inactivity they would go to regular type. But I see threads from 2 wks ago still bold like there is recent activity when in fact there isn't. I dunno if that makes sense the way I'm explaining it... Maybe there is something that got changed to make it so. Thanks.

I have no control over those settings. I just install the software on the server and it does it's own thing. I just updated the TT software this morning. Maybe that will help? Don't know. I personally do not use either TT or FR.

Hmmm, I don't know then. Thanks for checking anyways. Maybe there will be an app update coming up that will work it out.

Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I personally do not use either TT or FR.
    First, thanks for installing this stuff for us to use when you don't use it yourself. Second, since I seem to recall you having a smartphone when I saw you in Vegas, how do you access CPF when you're mobile?

Note that my memory is subject to more frequent failures than it used to be, so I could be wrong about this. It wouldn't be the first time. And if I keep breathing, it won't be the last!
    Last edited by Cyclops942; 04-30-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Owner of the first full-on beamshot of The Beast II! (See avatar)

Kris... I use my iPad or phone but use full version instead of mobile. I also have a netbook with air card. Like right now I'm using my iPad somewhere on I-70 in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Hi Greta,

Are all the FR and TT settings dialed and styled on your end? Recently, I have noticed that when I browse with these apps, some of the threads stay bold type in the titles like they are new or unread even after many days. Usually they were bold if there was new posts, and then after 48 hrs or so of inactivity they would go to regular type. But I see threads from 2 wks ago still bold like there is recent activity when in fact there isn't. I dunno if that makes sense the way I'm explaining it... Maybe there is something that got changed to make it so. Thanks.

Actually, I noticed now that it is the same on the full website as well when I log on from my PC. There are threads from a couple weeks ago that are still bolded.

Is there a way to delete photos after they have been uploaded to TT servers through the app? I would like to have that option but I can't find it anywhere on the interwebs.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

How do I get rid of the Tapatalk pop up? I have to click it off, not once but twice! My IT did a check and tells me it is on your end.

I Hate this pop up!
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Minescence View Post
    Tried CPF and Market place with Taptalk on my iphone last night. Works! Searching 'candlepower forums' had no results. Searching 'flashlight' found CPF and Marketplace.
    'candlepowerforums' no spaces

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by RedLed View Post
    How do I get rid of the Tapatalk pop up? I have to click it off, not once but twice! My IT did a check and tells me it is on your end.

I Hate this pop up!
    Never mind....
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com