Fenix TK45 the Best AA High-Powered Floody Light?

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
Is the Fenix TK45 the best and brightest AA high-powered floody light?

It seems like it's been out for a while but I'm not sure that anything new has come along yet to take its place.

Last edited:

BST07

Newly Enlightened
You might want to look at the Olight S65. It is plenty bright, AA powered, LOP reflector so the beam is much more floody. Very comfortable to hold in your hand as well.

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
No other suggestions for powerful AA based flood lights? I'm surprised...

P.S. Thanks for the suggestion on the Olight; it seems like that one's a bit more of a thrower though, no?

MadAmos

Newly Enlightened
For what its worth I love my TK45 it is my go to light, I use it daily. The beam pattern is just perfect for me.

Amos

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want something a bit smaller, lighter and requiring fewer cells the PA40 is pretty floody with 4 well-spaced modes, low battery indicator and a nice grippable carbon fiber body. But the TK45 will certainly have noticable more output.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my TK45 for 5 reasons... one..got lucky and tint is that nice balance between cool and warm...vanilla. 2 It solitly tailstands...nice for room lighting..especially with its Very wide beam. 3 Long battery life on turbo..or low..great for searching..or power outages. 4 low...is low for a high powered light. and lastly...no real hotspot lets me use it as a backup..or portable illumination source for photography. It really is worth buying one

DanM

Newly Enlightened
You might want to also check out Sunwaymans M40A. It is 600 lumens and takes four AA batteries. I love mine very well built, has a very nice beam with some throw.

Robert C

Newly Enlightened
...no real hotspot lets me use it as a backup..or portable illumination source for photography.

It's funny you should mention this. I was doing some urbex photography in a building totally sealed up and the only light came from the lights I brought with me. With my camera on a tripod i bounced my camera's flash off the ceiling but also provided supplemental light using both a Streamlight sidewinder (awesome urbex light!) and my SF ultra on highest setting

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
You might want to also check out Sunwaymans M40A. It is 600 lumens and takes four AA batteries. I love mine very well built, has a very nice beam with some throw.

This is one that I'm seriously considering. I figure that I'll probably only own one light of this stature and price, so if I go with the M40A then I have a great thrower that I can also diffuse to turn into flood whenever the need arises.

Plus, while I don't plan on carrying the light all that much in my pocket, for the times that I do want to do that the 4xAA format and the shorter length of the M40A would probably be best.