Replacing Fenix E11 rubber tailcap

Bradcsti

Newly Enlightened
On every other light i have it is fairly obvious how to replace the rubber tailcaps. There are usually two holes inside the tailcap to unscrew, but in the E11 the tailcap is basically the whole body of the light, and its hard to tell if there are two holes down in there or two solder tabs. I am just curious as to if anyone has gotten around to changing one of these and could give me a heads up.

thanks!

ottsego

Newly Enlightened
I didn't changed rubber tailcap in my E11, but I was curios enough to disassembly it :) You have to stick some metal thingy ( like very thin screwdriver ) in the lanyard hole and then pull. you need to remember two things.
1. the rule " lefty loosy, righty tighty"
2. not to push too far the metal thingy in the lanyard hole because you can damage the rubber button
one more thing, when you will ensemble everything back together you need to screw it very tightly.
Here you have some pictures I took when I was writing review on polish flashlight forum , hope you will find that usefull :)

img4531r.jpg

pb050307.jpg

pb050314.jpg

pb050309.jpg

ps. sorry for my poor English

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
The four dimples inside the tailcap bezel ring, visible in the second picture above, is where you should insert a tool to loosen the bezel ring. Small needlenose pliers work well.

davecroft

Enlightened
I was just going to post exactly the same question! Thanks ottsego. I reckoned the end unscrewed but it is on pretty tight and certainly won't budge under normal hand pressure.

Now can anyone advise how to replace the cap on a Jetbeam PA01?? Thanks.