SunwayLED
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

I like brussel sprouts. Kinda like cabbage. I thought cabbage was pretty standard fare in the UK? Depends on how you cook them many times though. For things like brussel sprouts and asparagus, roasting is very good. Put them on a cookie sheet and douse them in olive oil, coarse salt, pepper, whatever you like, and then put them in the oven to roast them. You'd have to look up the temp/time. I'm not sure. But they turn out very nicely.

I made some more of my turkey, cheese, German mustard, and cranberry sandwiches. My dad looked at it like I was crazy, till he tried a bite. Then he said, Hey, make me one of those, that's very good. If there's one thing I know, it's what tastes good.

I really love cranberries anyways, such a tasty blend of sweetness and tartness. Did you guys know that Wisconsin produces over half of the world's supply of cranberries? It's true. Check out this site for WI Cranberry Growers Association. It's pretty cool, the cranberry is really good for you. All you people who suffer from UTIs can thank WI later for keeping your pipes clean.

Oh, and speaking of beer, I'm brewing a chocolate stout today.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    It's probably the best prank I've ever done in my life. I've pranked this friend a few times a couple of good ones too. He was so so shocked he actually thought he had been robbed. He went straight for the Whisky afterwards to calm his nerve. So good

Now for the food..... Christmas dinner was as always pretty average with nothing exciting at all really. On the plus side I managed to avoid Brussel sprouts for the first time in years. Though I'm sure my mum ate enough for the me too.
    Sweet prank

I stayed home as usual on christmas eve. I had two invitations though. One from a customer that tore me a new a$$hole for about an hour on the phone around 2 months ago so I turned that one down.
    Moody **tch!

The other one was a friend of mine but she has a super small house and EVERYONE smokes (but me) so her and her super boring husband was gonna be there smoking up a storm
    plus her husbands son who also smokes I think and his two kids were gonna be there.
    Also, this dude (the son) just told me the other day that he was gonna breed his pit bull and sell pups and I know this idiot is gonna sell just to ANYONE and I can't stand it
    'cause around here, they buy them to tie them outside or fight them.

Here I am, spending time, effort and money RESCUING dogs and this pri*k makes MORE dogs?

I can't stand idiots!

Anyway, a buddy of mine brought me some food from his mama in law which was pretty good

As for the sprouts, I love'em. Steam'em or cook'em and eat'em with butter. Great stuff and I love cabbage too
    AND cranberries

The chocolate beer sounds kinda intriguing. I'm hoping there's a HINT of chocolate in there or is it gonna be overbearing?

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

past 4 days. i have only had ONE slice of bread! (that was under heavy dose of ham during xmas dinner)

tomorrow i think i will eat an sandwich again.

today.. im going to the movies with the "X". the sherlock holmes movie part 2.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Oooh, I like that...the "X"

Got a mysterious, sexy ring to it

One piece of bread? Shame on you, you'll have to make up for it in the next few days.

I myself have some bad news (kinda).

I went down from 375 pounds to 305 after my diabetic thing and now, I've gained back
    to around 335 or so

I'm such a jackass! Free weight loss and I pi$$ it all away

Quote Originally Posted by guiri
    I went down from 375 pounds to 305 after my diabetic thing and now, I've gained back
    to around 335 or so
    I'm such a jackass! Free weight loss and I pi$$ it all away
    It's the festive season some extra weight is always going to appear. Keep your chin up and maybe do a few chin ups too!

Nah, it's not the holidays, I gained it back over several months.

Flashaholic*

chin-ups.. hmm.. how i feel sometimes: http://www.endsnmeans.com/workout/

i just found this comic last night.. hahh.

the sherlock 2 was good.. very much better than the 1. totally different tone.. and funny too. i was kinda disappointed of the 1st holmes movie but this was a hit in my book. robert downey jr was quirky enough to be entertaining. hope they make more of these and keep the direction the same.
    and company was enjoyable aswell.

---
    ...chin ups remind me of chimpanzees.. and cheetah the chimp said/claimed to be the one in the old weissmuller tarzan movies from 1930s died. age 80 or so if the story is to believed (normally chimps live less than 60years)

------

i was once offered cimpanzee brain as option to get from restaurant.. i passed. the image in my head was yucky looking mess. (indiana jones movie memory flashed).. it might of been just a prank whom said they got chimps brains served.. i didnt want to know any of it and left the restaurant. ahahhahah
    ------

had 3 sandwiches today: prosciutto and butter on french baguette, xmas ham on rye bread, and rye bread with tomatoes and fried egg.. (i wonder if i need to mention that i have butter on my bread.. each of them.. or is it given by now..)

----

I'll post more next time 'cause I've gotta use my netbook (keyboard is very small). I've caught a malware.

Anyway, as for Sherlock, it better be good at a cost of $500M dammit!

Flashaholic*

500mil? really? where did you see that? (that number sounds more like a number for mission impossible sequel)

wikipedia says budget to be 125mil? (yeah.. anyone one can edit wikipedia if they so choose so it might be wrong too)
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Straight from the horses mouth. Robert Downey JR on a talk show

I'll post more next time 'cause I've gotta use my netbook (keyboard is very small). I've caught a malware.

Anyway, as for Sherlock, it better be good at a cost of $500M dammit!
    I hope that is Kenyan dollars or something! No movie is worth that.

I agree but then, I feel the same way about overpaid athletes...

Flashaholic*

indeed. one thing that annoyed me in the movie.. sherlock (actually the bad guys) were using a mauser c96 in it.. and it was supposed to be 1891 or 93 (cant recall which.. anyways years before they were designed or made) and they said the gun having an detachable magazine.. that feature came in later, in 1920s or something..

hardly anyones work is worth millions in my mind.

food related matter: i dont want chokolate. had too much during xmas.. now i just dont want to eat one. has to be a first day in years! hahaha

no sandwich today as didnt have any fresh bread.

---
    new years eve is at hand and i have no plans what so ever what to do tomorrow. strange. i normally have some kind of vague plan.. or i atleast whom of my friends are having an party.. this year no clue. hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    food related matter: i dont want chokolate. had too much during xmas.. now i just dont want to eat one. has to be a first day in years! hahaha
    Hurry, get to the doctor, QUICK!

Hurry, get to the doctor, QUICK!
    Have to agree. This is serious. Unless you are in food rehab with an Internet connection you need help.

I had lovely steak pie with peas and mashed potatoes tonight. With some Lindor ball chocolates, the ones with the softer melty style stuff inside.

On a side note I'm off to Vietnam to see a lady friend in the new year. I'm thinking the food will be mental but tasty. Have any of you guys been before?

Nam? Little far to go for a chick ain't it?

For food, I can understand but for a chick...?

Regardless, good luck and enjoy the food and no, I haven't been to Asia at all.

Nam? Little far to go for a chick ain't it?

For food, I can understand but for a chick...?

Regardless, good luck and enjoy the food and no, I haven't been to Asia at all.
    Meh she's a good girl. A good laugh and should cheer me up before I go back to work.
    To be fair the only reason I'm going is to replay "Goooooooood Mooorrrrrnnnnnnnniiiiinng Vietnaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmm!" over and over until I get deported.

I'm looking forward to the variety I'm hoping some people have an idea.

Flashaholic*

trust the locals.. avoid the hotel restaurants and the tourist traps. if you want the authentic taste and feel look for the food places that are crowded by locals. (no sense going for bic mac in bangkok),

just hope you remembered to prep your stomach for changing food and bakterias with some kind of pan-acid treatment, and get some imodium or other "ironstomach maker" pills with you. hahah.

-----
    still no need for chockolate..
    ----

I'm glad that ALL my buddies can afford to travel (Bastards!) so enjoy the hell out of it (and yes, I AM actual being sincere this time)
    When are you going? We will expect pictures of food, you and the chick!

Nonsence is right though, good advice. I was told the same thing a long time ago about Spain. As for the bacteria, I have no clue, never been there.
    When I was young I had an iron stomach and could eat and drink anything including local water 'n stuff but not now. Just looking at the wrong
    stuff makes me doo doo my pants. Anyway, there's a mental picture for ya for when you eat in Nam

Happy New Year boys!

What the hell? Where is everyone?

Was wondering that too.... Is acid still in Vietnam or home now? I want stories.

Where's Nonsence? Is he still off chocolate?

I ate like half a pound of Colby cheese today. Is that bad?

Only if you didn't wash it down with bread or beer.

I didn't know when acid was going but I'm thinking he's prolly there, hence the lack of replies.

Nonsence is Finnish so I'm sure he's drunk from new years eve which prolly applies to the Welsh and Scottish in our group

When's nogg coming stateside?

By the way, I finally got hold of something I haven't had to drink for something like 30 years or more.

I ordered some and it should be here next week. I kinda should have thought of it and ordered it later
    so it wouldn't travel over the weekend but it's cold enough that I hope it makes it. I also got some
    feta cheese while I was at it.

By the way, should you want to try, dont' order from these people. Their site's not ready and they have
    not responded to my inquiries yet http://www.bozausa.com/index.htm

It looks disgusting and to some, it might be but I'm raised with this stuff and love it, or rather, I USED to.
    We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    I ate like half a pound of Colby cheese today. Is that bad?
    You tell us.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

He'll be alright. I do that on a regular basis...and NO, I'm not kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    You tell us.
    So far so good, but I eat a lot of dairy and don't typically have any problems so I don't expect any repercussions this time either.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    So far so good, but I eat a lot of dairy and don't typically have any problems so I don't expect any repercussions this time either.
    Wisconsin ... guess it's in your genes.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Repercussions from eating cheese? No? The hell you say?

Kestrel, I think it is.

Seriously though. I LOVE cheese AND I can eat very large quantities of it and if I could afford it,
    I would probably cheese myself to death.

Years ago I tried the Atkins diet (which worked like a charm by the way) and ate a lot of cheese.
    EVERYONE where I worked always thought I'd be constipated as hell but, never a problem.IU

I think it's in my genes too...

We eat a lot of cheese too. My favourite is a cheddar filled with chilli bits, very nice and surprisingly spicy for a mass produced cheese.

Mrs Noggin thinks she may be carbohydrate intolerant, so I'm scratching my head thinking what to cook for her - any ideas?

I leave for the US next Friday.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    I leave for the US next Friday.
    First, that's no excuse NOT to post anything for about a week.

Second, I would have mama checked to make sure it IS what she thinks. This is gonna make
    your life a whole lot easier.

It's not hard to cook without carbs. Lotsa veggies (carrots are high in carbs I think and so is corn)
    and meat, eggs n' such.

I can look for low or no carb recipes for ya if you'd like.

Since Atkins is a low carb diet, I'm sure their site will have lots of recipes. Go to this page,
    click on where it says to access the database (the red banner/stripe) and sign up to get the recipes. Never been
    there myself so I don't know what's available but I'm sure there's good stuff somewhere in there.
    http://www.atkins.com/Recipes.aspx

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast