Battery Junction - Olight
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Thanks for the link George, I'll pass it on.

I have been really busy at work trying to get ahead before my trip and not been cooking anything exciting....

I promise to keep you updated on the food from my trip.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*

Evilgrin07 Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Only if you didn't wash it down with bread
    Our bread isn't a liquid...

Flashaholic*

EVERYONE where I worked always thought I'd be constipated as hell but, never a problem.

I think it's in my genes too...
    Do you mean "In your JEANS"

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    We eat a lot of cheese too. My favourite is a cheddar filled with chilli bits, very nice and surprisingly spicy for a mass produced cheese.

Mrs Noggin thinks she may be carbohydrate intolerant, so I'm scratching my head thinking what to cook for her - any ideas?
    Is she insured ?

I am not in Vietnam yet. Although someone a few pages back got it right. I've been recovering from new years or Hogmanay here in Scotland. I've been on off drunk for the past week. Stereotype I know......

I go to Vietnam on the 17th and I'll try and post photos of food etc. how was new year for everyone?

On a food based note had two dinners today.... I know fat bleep. Had a lovely chicken casserole at my girlfriends mums house and then had a sausage supper. A sausage supper is basically chips with two battered smoked sausage. Awesome!

Happy new year to everyone!

Stereotypes must be perpetuated. Otherwise, you lose your heritage (kinda).

I had something called upside down potato casserole at a country style restaurant here the other day. Good stuff. Made me fart like hell though but it was good.

March, bread is liquid if you dip it in beer...

Nogg, you're welcome. The yoghurt, cucumber garlic and salt thing I make is great stuff and has no carbs in it.

It may not have butter on it, but had an Italian hero from Parisi bakery in NYC. Google it and check out the photos of the sammiches!

Appreciate it IcantC, all I need is more food stuff to drool over...I looked it up and also found this through their site http://www.lunchstudio.com/search/?c...i+bakery&sa=Go

Damn! There's too much food in the world and not enough time

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

<--is still alive.

lost internet connection for 10 days. just came back an hour ago. was doing "cold turkey cure" out of internet the whole time. didnt lapse and go to friends house to surf... just hoped/waited for the connection to return.. i kept busy looking at the computer screen that says "no interner connection, cant find dns server, contact serviceprovider". and plugging/unplugging the modem.. hahah. -finally on monday (yesterday) the company said that repairguy is coming over wednesday or thursday to check all the lines and setups.. so guess what happened as day turned into wednesday at midnight.. the shit started to work again! on its own! like it had died on its own on 1/1/12 in middle of the night.. it came back online 1/11/12 right after midnite..

conspiracy. yes definately. they cant talk me out of it anymore.

they kept saying in telephone service number "yes, there is problem, we dont know where it is, but likely it is on your end.. check everything"

second call: "yes problem exists i see.. we cannot connect to you, have you tried to readjust all the settings and rebooted/reset the modem as its likely the cause"..

third call: "yes, problem, its not in our end, it must be in your end.. we will send an repairman to check things out later this week, wednesday evening or thursday morning depending how fast he gets other things in order".

and i did nothing between the second and third call nor after it! it just miraculously decided to work again. they just didnt want to say that they got a problem they cant solve. or something.
    ----
    food related stuff.. hmm.. too much to write here.. but rest assured: i have eaten. lots of things. hahah.

and im back on chokolate bandwagon.

edit: post number 1200 again.. (i think i was something like this before the mighty cpf crash)
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

OK, since the topic of CHOCOLATE has been broached ...

I've been drinking this stuff since last October, and boy oh boy, if you like hot chocolate this is the real deal ...
    http://www.criobru.com/
    Last edited by Kestrel; 01-10-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

I visited grandpa over the weekend and took him out to dinner. I had surf 'n turf. Mmmmmmm.

Acid: girlfriend as in girlfriend, or girlfriend as in friend who is also a girl??

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

I've been drinking this stuff since last October, and boy oh boy, if you like hot chocolate this is the real deal ...
    That looks very interesting... I think I tried something similar when visiting a chocolate factory museum, I remember it being quite powerful stuff, like strong coffee with a bitter twang.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

Kestrel, I can tell you how to make some amazing hot chocolate yourself. Let me know and I'll post

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Acid: girlfriend as in girlfriend, or girlfriend as in friend who is also a girl??
    Wait! He's bringing back pictures

Quote Originally Posted by guiri

Wait! He's bringing back pictures
    A friend that is a a girl guys sorry to burst the bubble. Although I have known her for years and have to spend 22 hours on a bus with her from Vietnam to Laos....

What lights do you guys think I should take for travelling? My trusty G2 came with me to Fiji.
    Sorry folks just realised I brought this thread back into lights? Mental.

On my omelette kick still just making one super omelette with loads of chicken and cheese with a touch of chipotle Tabasco.

Flashaholic*

pictures aint that bad even if she is just a friend.. hahaha. we might like them anyways. -22hours on bus.. ugghh.. and imagining the roads over there. double ugghh..

there is always a way to talk about flashlights in this forum.. it is not wrong. hahah. you have been around a while so you should know this alreaady but here goes my suggestions.. the same reply i always give.

flashlights: take many with you! one always with you! not just one.

-one main big light with decent high output (and possible very long low) +spare batteries to this.

-AAA light (the light you should carry basically 24/7 over there). tiny and still useful. (one spare lithium battery is easy to take with and still can use alkaline batteries locally)

-headlamp. (that uses same battery type as some other light you have.) this is VERY useful. hands free stuff.

-simple to use AA light as backup to previous ones (and to loan someone else whom might need a light whom dont know how to do the "twist and shout, clicketyclik shuffle" flashaholics know how to do with a flashlight with complicated ui.) and the batteries are even easier to find in the remote locations than aaa.

-------------

best to have atleast 2 lights that uses same battery type. if not all of them running the same battery.

preferably single cell lights. (no worry of mixing empty and half full and full batteries in a light) a 3AAA headlamp needs 3 batteries to run.. a single AAA headlamp needs only one of the 3 working. even if the main "big" light uses more batteries its nice to have a backup that needs only one of them if the main light fails.

lights you know and trust, basic maintenance, clean and check them before flight. check charge of batteries etc. add glow in dark lanyards or tritium so you might find them in darkness too.

----

what lights do you have right now? which ones you personally like and trust?

i know i would likely over stock myself and taking more lights than i need. (i normally carry 3 with me every day, and have backup or few in bag or car anyways) so going traveling would make me take atleast 3-6 extras.. as i do use the spare/backup lights as spare battery holders.

anyways: i take my keys with me so lummi raw follows.
    then i would take my "always with me" quark AA tactical. nimh eneloop.
    (and then take the 2xcr123 quark.. it can be used as is, but it would also give me spare parts because of lego effect, would carry my 2 cr123 spares. ultimate backup that is not used unless all others fail.)
    i would likely take 2 zebralights (AA) h501 (all flood) and the h51. (they can be headlamps and pocketlights, eneloops in these too.)
    then i would take two itp a3s and preon 2 for AAA lights (the heads fit each other so i have spare parts lego there too, one itp is backup with lithiumAA, others have eneloops.)
    then Lmini-II for the 18650 light. and maybe the fenix tk11 aswell to have same 2 lights with same battery type.
    and a simple cheap romisen g2, to give as gift to someone or to loan out. simple on/off light that uses AA. (lithium)
    plus handful of fauxtons (all my bags have one tied to them, and few extras to give out to others)

plus 4 spare AA eneloops, 2-4 spare AAA eneloops, two spare lithium AA, two spare lithium AAA, two 18650.
    that totals: 11 lights +fauxtons. 10 AA, 8-10 AAA, 4 18650, 2 cr123. (when including the batteries in the lights) +li-ion battery in the lummi and buttoncells in fauxtons

i would still likely want/need a high output "light-cannon" and heavy duty headlamp if i were to go to place like vietnam. especially if there is any plans of taking a trip into the wild. if not.. i think i can manage pretty much everything with lights above. got weeks of low output available, days of medium output, and several hours of high output without needing to look for new batteries or recharge.

YES IM FLASHAHOLIC! one is none, two is one, three is enough, four is backup, five is need basis, six is variety, seven is just for fun, but butter is better.

---------------

food related things.. recipes always welcome.. what ever they are. bomb or napalm or food. who knows what comes handy!

i still do browse this/these threads to see and get ideas what to have..

----
    chokolate.. im its bitch. especially the milky stuff.. not badly hooked on the dark choko yet. its more like variety to me.

you can lure me into doing stupid things with promise of chokolate cake and or lasagne. pizza works sometimes too. and grilled steaks and.. ice cream and.. hahah.

------
    butter shortage wasnt that bad here in the end.. every store had some available (not fully stocked but some available) but they say it will take still time until it is over. month atleast. oh well, i got few packs in freezer still plus two in fridge.

i want a sandwich.. maybe gonna make one as im finished with this reply. some real dark heavy rye bread, butter, ham and cherry tomatoes.. and if i find something else cool in freezer i will top it off with that.

yesterday had a lasagne, bought from the supermarket meat stall.. they make a warm food for people wanting to buy ready made lunch or something.. you buy it by pound, got two, yesterday it was lasagne today it was mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy with meatballs. the lasagne was not as good as i hoped.. ate it all but it had a bit too much onion and garlic for my liking.

youghurt craving lasted 5days. then it was over again. (bought and ate banana, vanilla, strawberry, and forest berries flavored versions, all were ok.) i might want one right now but as i dont have any in fridge i wont get one.. not bad enough craving to rush into store to get one specifically.
    -------------------

surf and turf? sounds familiar from tv food shows but i dont know or remember what is in it? fishfood thingy i think?
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    chokolate.. im its bitch. especially the milky stuff.. not badly hooked on the dark choko yet. its more like variety to me.
    If you put a little SALT onto the bitter dark chocolate , it doesn't taste as bitter ... Don't know why this works , but it just does.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    A friend that is a a girl guys sorry to burst the bubble. Although I have known her for years and have to spend 22 hours on a bus with her from Vietnam to Laos....

What lights do you guys think I should take for travelling? My trusty G2 came with me to Fiji.
    Sorry folks just realised I brought this thread back into lights? Mental.
    22 hours on a bus? I'd take a beating from Tyson before doing that. I hate buses AND I get motion sick too.

Flashlight comments in a flashlight forum? How dare you?

Seriously, get something small that has a low mode and bring a couple of extra batteries. Just in case
    and also for *knock on wood* emergencies.

I would personally bring my Quark AA with a couple of 14500's. Bright as hell and as tested here,
    around 400 hours in moonlight mode.

So, other than obviously being slightly masochistic bro, why the hell would you ride 22 hours on a bus?

So, when you leavin' and how long you gonna be gone?

Nonsence, surf and turf is meat and seafood. Usually a steak and shrimp or something.

As for the flashlights...bro, you need to be in rehab!

Unless Acid's going on some kind of rescue mission, I doubt he'll need that many lights, AND, I'm guessing
    he's flying. Hell, just the lights and batteries will prolly put him over the weight limit dude

As for the chocolate, I don't like dark chocolate myself.

Getting ready to fry up a little fish in a little bit

I'm in Vegas now! So far I have had a giant burger and a fantastic omelette for breakfast.

Tonight I fancy some Mexican food.

Welcome to the US bro. First, did you bring chutney?

I love omelletts or however the hell you spell it.

The best one I've ever had was in Oslo, many years ago, although
    it might have been more like a suffle, this thing was incredible.

Tell you who's got a nice ome whatever in the US. Waffle house.
    Unlike ihop who makes their stuff on a grille and the eggs are thin
    as paper, waffle house whips theirs up in a mixer so it's fluffy as hell.
    Their santa fe omelette or whatever it's called is great.

I wonder how many more different ways of spelling the ome something I can find?

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    I'm in Vegas now! So far I have had a giant burger and a fantastic omelette for breakfast.

Tonight I fancy some Mexican food.
    Welcome to the US! How long are you here? I will be in Phoenix next Wed. It's almost close enough to visit.

I emailed Henry (HDS) about coming to Tucson to visit him at his shop but he said he would be in Las Vegas too for SHOT. Make sure to say hi to him for me.

Sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Sandwich.
    Good thinking.

Butter...

22 hours on a bus? I'd take a beating from Tyson before doing that. I hate buses AND I get motion sick too.

Flashlight comments in a flashlight forum? How dare you?

Seriously, get something small that has a low mode and bring a couple of extra batteries. Just in case
    and also for *knock on wood* emergencies.

I would personally bring my Quark AA with a couple of 14500's. Bright as hell and as tested here,
    around 400 hours in moonlight mode.

So, other than obviously being slightly masochistic bro, why the hell would you ride 22 hours on a bus?

So, when you leavin' and how long you gonna be gone?
    The bus journey is to go from Vietnam to Laos. When I'm over in Nam it's actually their new year so everything shuts down. Hence the need to head away for a week or so from Nam.
    I'm looking forward to the bus journey in a way, I can just imagine sitting with a goat and an old lady who is a few coughs away from death.

I think I might take my Zebralight H31 and SC51 or I could buy an SC80.......
    Unless Acid's going on some kind of rescue mission, I doubt he'll need that many lights, AND, I'm guessing
    he's flying. Hell, just the lights and batteries will prolly put him over the weight limit dude
    No rescue mission although I may need one myself. My friend has informed me beer only costs around 10p!

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    No rescue mission although I may need one myself. My friend has informed me beer only costs around 10p!
    10p beer? Yep, this is not going to end well...you know, being Scottish 'n all

As for the lights, I would bring something you already know and trust. A new light COULD turn out to give you problems

A sandwich I got the other day at a deli nearby that I had never tried. It was simply listed on the menu board as "Super" Sandwich: ham, salami, roast beef, corned beef, two cheeses, and coleslaw on a big crusty roll. It was pretty good actually. My finger is there for reference as to the thickness of the meat stack.

Dude, finger or not, the FIRST thing I saw and thought before I even noticed the finger was the meat and I was thinking,
    damn boy! You get enough meat on there? Geez! Can you spell meat lovers sammich?

Question, is that not TOO much meat?

Super Moderator

omelletts or however the hell you spell it.
    Tortilla.

The best one I've ever had was … more like a suffle
    Pouffed up eggs.

Waffle
    Woufflé.
    Resistance is futile...

Flashaholic*

meaty sandwich indeed.. no need for bread anymore.. just have meat on meat.

i am traditionalist.. i would prefer to have all those meats separately in different sandwiches so their tastes dont mix too much.. hahahah. but yeah.. i would still be rather happy to get a sandwich just like that..

------
    yeah an omelette would be nice after long while..

Dude, finger or not, the FIRST thing I saw and thought before I even noticed the finger was the meat and I was thinking,
    damn boy! You get enough meat on there? Geez! Can you spell meat lovers sammich?

Question, is that not TOO much meat?
    Yes, it was more than I needed, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try it.