Battery Junction - Olight
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

nbp look out for a brown truck smelling of chutney on Friday.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Sweet! Thanks Noggin!

Does it need refrigeration? If so, I will have to tell the girl watching our house and dog while I'm gone to open it and put it in the fridge.

Also, Make sure to shoot me a PM in regards to payment, please.

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    Tortilla.

Pouffed up eggs.

Woufflé.

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    meaty sandwich indeed.. no need for bread anymore.. just have meat on meat.
    That's kinda what I thought when I saw it

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Yes, it was more than I needed, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try it.
    My man!

No need to refrigerate until you open it, then keep it in the fridge. There's a spicy one for you and a normal one for George.

Just got back from the Four Sevens dinner at Dal Toro, a very cool restaurant where you eat surrounded by exotic super cars, I leant my briefcase against a Lamborghini!
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Excellent, thank you sir!

I am in Phoenix, right around the corner, kinda. I am going to the Barrett Jackson auto auction, hoping to see some cool cars too.

Say Hi to the cool folks at SHOT for us. Tell Greta I'm going to come visit her next, to pet the dogs. I think she lives somewhere close to here.

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

<-eating a crêpe.. 4th going down the hatch.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    No need to refrigerate until you open it, then keep it in the fridge. There's a spicy one for you and a normal one for George.

Just got back from the Four Sevens dinner at Dal Toro, a very cool restaurant where you eat surrounded by exotic super cars, I leant my briefcase against a Lamborghini!
    Good thing you leant it against the cheapo car bro

Excellent, thank you sir!

I am in Phoenix, right around the corner, kinda. I am going to the Barrett Jackson auto auction, hoping to see some cool cars too.
    Don't even worry about the auction, just call these people up and while you're at it, get me one too http://www.pagani.com/huayra/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    <-eating a crêpe.. 4th going down the hatch.
    I love crepes bro. What did you put on them? I had some in sweden years ago with shrimp. It was amazing and that's where I had the
    crepes suzettes afterwards

Now, who do I need to sleep with to get my share of the chutney?

Alright boys, someone message me and tell me who I need to pay, how much 'n all that.

Thank you brother Noggin

By the way, here's one for you beer lovers http://www.mrconservative.com/2012/0...xplained-beer/

..and just for the record, beer goes great with sammiches!

Ok, this is neat, check this out.

I used to tell my wife (x) that I always thought it was weird when something happened that would be considered coincidence and she always used to think
    I'm retarded for it.

Well, tonight, I go to a buddy's house and guess what's on tv (he normally mostly watches nature shows)? The car auction and I go, cool, a buddy of
    mine's there.

That is too cool.

Hey, did you see the silver GTO (blue engine)? It was gorgeous dude.

How much did the Testarossa sell for?

Loved that big box truck from 45 or something. Trez cool!

So, whatcha doin' in Phoenix?

I was gonna ask if you've been to this place but it seems it's in Vegas and not in Phoenix which is what I remembered... http://www.heartattackgrill.com/index.php?page=the-menu

Maybe it was one of it's competitors site that I saw... http://www.heartattackgrill.com/inde...page=franchise

Flashaholic*

I know this is about tasty sandwiches, but for laughs I have to put up a few gross ones:

Natto sandwich on toasted bread. This was my brother's favorite.

Tangwich. On Married... with Children Al Bundy always ate one.

American cheese with hot cocoa powder and butterscotch drops. Idk, I just thought of that last one lol.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Hehehe

Memo to self: Hot chocolate + Kahlua = goodness.

OK folks, carry on.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

OK folks, carry on.
    Don't want to go too OT, but Kahlua + Bailey's = pretty good.

Yes, let's.

BOTH sound good.

I was traveling, many years ago and I think was in the US and both some kind of liquor made by Hiram Walker (always remember that part). Man that stuff was good.
    Used to take small sips till I ran out some time later. Never did find it anywhere else. May have to look for it again...well, found it but it seems that not only did they
    change the design of the bottles which is to be expected but the one I liked isn't there anymore. Sucks!

I think mine was chocolate/mint.

Just to stay on topic, Bailey's goes amazingly well with fried almonds (with salt). Incredible stuff.

Flashaholic*

Speaking of drinks, does anyone remember Clearly Canadian? It's the sparkly stuff in those odd shaped bottles. Went great with hoagies, I think my favorite was raspberry flavor. Too bad it's not very popular anymore.

Oooh, sounds delicious. Never had it but I love sparkling $hit. Even have my own fountain machine/s at home so I can drink carbonated water.

Got several for sale if anyone wants one

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/7808805...ge.jpg?type=sn

One of the absolutely coolest things I've ever bought
    Last edited by guiri; 01-22-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post

Now, who do I need to sleep with to get my share of the chutney?

Alright boys, someone message me and tell me who I need to pay, how much 'n all that.

Thank you brother Noggin
    PM sent to you dude.

Ok, this is neat, check this out.

I used to tell my wife (x) that I always thought it was weird when something happened that would be considered coincidence and she always used to think
    I'm retarded for it.

Well, tonight, I go to a buddy's house and guess what's on tv (he normally mostly watches nature shows)? The car auction and I go, cool, a buddy of
    mine's there.

That is too cool.

Hey, did you see the silver GTO (blue engine)? It was gorgeous dude.

How much did the Testarossa sell for?

Loved that big box truck from 45 or something. Trez cool!

So, whatcha doin' in Phoenix?

I was gonna ask if you've been to this place but it seems it's in Vegas and not in Phoenix which is what I remembered... http://www.heartattackgrill.com/index.php?page=the-menu

Maybe it was one of it's competitors site that I saw... http://www.heartattackgrill.com/inde...page=franchise
    We were in Scottsdale going to the Barrett Jackson and Russo and Steel auto auctions. There are hundreds of cars at B/J that go on the block over a few days. We only watched some actually sell, and then walked through the tents to look at all the stuff that was there. And doing some sightseeing and eating as well. And some drinking. I had to visit a couple microbreweries in the area and have a few pints to honor the local artisans. My appreciation for excellent beer continues to grow as I make my own and continue to learn all what goes into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

OK folks, carry on.
    Anything + Kahlua = Goodness

A little local company recently started making this stuff called RumChata. I don't know if it is showing up anywhere else but our area of WI yet, but if you find it, BUY IT! It's real horchata and rum. It's like boozey liquid french toast; it's amazing alone or on deserts, or on your toothbrush, or anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dudemar View Post
    Don't want to go too OT, but Kahlua + Bailey's = pretty good.

Yes, let's.
    Basically, anything food related and even some non-food stuff is on topic around here.

Speaking of drinks, does anyone remember Clearly Canadian? It's the sparkly stuff in those odd shaped bottles. Went great with hoagies, I think my favorite was raspberry flavor. Too bad it's not very popular anymore.
    I liked that drink too, really refreshing. Thanks for the reminder, I am going to have to look for it one of these days.

PM replied to bro

I'm gettin' chutney, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah...

Hey, if you find that raspberry water, let me know where and maybe I can find it locally.

Here's the first of my Vegas food pics, a $6 burger, quite nice, but the sheer size of it made it difficult to eat without it ending up all over my fingers and face!

Flashaholic*

This sandwich was probably already mentioned by another poster, but today I'm going to try a peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwich. Throw it on a pan and let it all melt. Not sure if I should toast the bread first.

That Vegas burger looks tasty! Speaking of burgers, I tried Five Guys recently and In-n-Out doesn't have anything on 'em! Huge burgers and you can put as many extras as you want. Love the cajun fries.
    Last edited by dudemar; 01-26-2012 at 01:34 PM.

(In response to Nogg's post...)

Geez! That's a tall order

I was make a comment here but pretty much I'll get spanked for it so I won't.

Are yall not amazed at my self control?

Where are the rest of the stooges by the way? This is unacceptable!
    Last edited by guiri; 01-26-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Flashaholic*

i would toast it ever so lightly before hand.. but only way to know which is better is by doing it both ways and then eat them!

vegas burger looks pretty good for the price (to me that sounds cheap for such of custom burger of that size.. but i bet it still has that vegas price on top.)

had a chance to go to vegas when i spent couple months in california in my youth in language course, 1995 i think it was.. but chose against it as i heard that if i would of gotten to play the games i wouldnt of been allowed to keep my winnings (they said one needs to be 21 to have the right to play and keep the money) so i decided not to go to the trip. and back then i wasnt even a gambler i became few years later. (gladly thats over too) i just saw no point going just to ooh and aah the glitter of las vegas and not having a chance to be a millionare. so i skipped the trip and took couple of the brasilian girls with me and went to small custom car show instead.. eye candy on both arms. felt like a king walking around there. explained the girls about why old cars are cool. other one didnt get it but the other was all over them (heard later that back home she bought an buick from late 50s) and plus saw cool cars and talked briefly to couple famous calikustom builders (john d´agostino atleast).

------------
    just basic sandwiches here nothing cool and interesting..

lasagne ..tried to do one out of dry pulver stuff.. it was edible but nowhere near as good as the one you make from scratch. but saves a ton of work. maybe i will try it again when i dont have the time to do it right way. it was ok enough.

went thru lidls store last night.. looked at ..well basically on every item they sold.. i was hunting the mango chutney.. and no. they dont stock it here. like i presumed before too.. now i know for sure as i slowly walked by scanning all shelves. hahah.

was also looking for their lsd nimh batteries but they didnt have any anymore.. and was supposed to buy their frozen lasagne but as i just ate home made i ended not buying it.. did get their dark shokolate.. but i forgot which one you guys said is the good one.. there was several options for +70% chokos so i randomly took one. (havent tried it yet)

i did find mango chutney from other supermarket by accident, but i left that on the shelf too.. its not the same thing. hahah.

im on mars bar binge again.. saw a ten-pack sold for couple euros and they were super-new and gooey good.. not discounted because they are aging product.. so i had to buy second set of ten.. and now im having one or two mars a day. hahah.

-----
    update: the girl called "x" is moving to another town soon. she got better job offer there couple days ago.

sad to see her go but its what she wants to do. (town she lived before, and she likes it better) and i know the friendship will become just casual email/facebook/text version from now on then.. we are not going to see each other anymore as casually as it was possible now.. unless either one puts real effort to meet. so basically as she moves, we maybe see each other realistically maybe once a year anymore. (same with other friends of mine whom have moved to other towns.. see them only rarely.)

------
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

This sandwich was probably already mentioned by another poster, but today I'm going to try a peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwich. Throw it on a pan and let it all melt. Not sure if I should toast the bread first.

That Vegas burger looks tasty! Speaking of burgers, I tried Five Guys recently and In-n-Out doesn't have anything on 'em! Huge burgers and you can put as many extras as you want. Love the cajun fries.
    When you put it in a pan, would it not get toasted anyway?

Fives guys DO have great burgers

Nonsence, maybe the x chick leaving is a good thing. That way you won't have to pine for her n' all...I'm just sayin'

Me, if I can't have something, I'd rather not be around it. Makes life easier

Sorry to rain on anybody's parade but I went over to the dark side this evening and had a 12" Subway sandwich (Spicy Italian) for dinner.
    Pretty convenient and still a great deal even though they increased the price from $5 to $5.75, those bums.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Nah, that counts. I like their buffalo chicken with lots of ranch. Great stuff

Flashaholic*

Nonsence, maybe the x chick leaving is a good thing. That way you won't have to pine for her n' all...I'm just sayin'

Me, if I can't have something, I'd rather not be around it. Makes life easier
    i agree on this. better away, than near by.
    and i have been keeping myself "away" already for a while to adjust and keep myself de-attached.

------
    about them subway sandwiches. i have only had them couple times but to me they feel nothing special, decent tasting toppings but the subway itself seemed tasteless in comparison to the "normal" breads we have in stores. so they always made me consider them as overpriced sandwiches. hahah. (even if they are cheaper and better than other premade sandwiches one can buy from cafes etc. so makes no sense!) and yes they have couple stores here in my town aswell, they are everywhere.. but.. they are hard to reach for me. hahah. they are in middle of town.. i hardly ever go to the center as there is nothing for me there to shop for. might be different if they were in places i visit.. hahah.

weird fact: there is 3 subways in my hometown, and only one mcdonalds! (seems like the macD cant compete against the"big" finnish hamburger chain here.. hesburger with 8 places.)

but i really wish they would open burger king here.. i just like their burgers best of the ones i have tried in main chains in usa too. (but burgerking knows the competition over here is different than in elsewhere in world i suppose.. everywhere else they compete against macD, here they would be competing against a company that is over running the macd here, the "local" hesburger, by about two hese places against one mcdonalds, nad rumour has it mcd is not making profit here, but hesburger is.)

------

Flashaholic*

When you put it in a pan, would it not get toasted anyway?

Fives guys DO have great burgers
    I was thinking that, but if I throw the bread in the toaster first the inside of the sammich will stay a little crunchy too. I guess I have to try both ways to find out!
    Last edited by dudemar; 01-27-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Flashaholic*

that was my thinking too.. if toasted (fried) only on one side the other side of the toast feels too soft and mushy.. thats why i tried to suggest having it toasted very lightly in advance and then have the pan do the rest of the colour on one side.

i just had french toast ( i think thats the name of them.. breads dipped into eggs and fried) and then i had second set that i removed most of the the middle of the bread and dunked an egg inside so its like fried egg inside of the bread. (not dunking them in egg before hand just placed them on frying pan and dunked the egg into the hole) so i had one set for sweet type (french) with apple jam, and other set for salt.. and b.pepper. -great way to use bread that is going old..

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast