Black Moon LTD
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Here's a little joke to cheer you and mama up March...and remember, dogs and cats and probably old ladies and parrots are edible...
    =======
    Lab Report and Cat Scan
    A woman brought a very limp parrot into a veterinary hospital. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the Vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, Polly has passed
    away."

The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure? I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, shrugged, turned and left the room returning a few moments later with a beautiful black Labrador. As the bird's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the dead parrot from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

"A dog shakes its head and I'm supposed to believe that?!" cries the woman.

The vet again leaves momentarily, comes back with a cat and puts it on the table beside the parrot. The cat looks closely at the parrot, walks around it, prods it a bit, then shakes his head, jumps off the table and walks out.
    The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry; but like I said, your parrot is most definitely dead."

Finally, the woman seems convinced.
    The doctor turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill which he handed to the woman. The parrot's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$500!" she cried. "$500 just to tell me my bird is dead?!"

The vet shrugged. "If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would only have been $20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, what do you expect?"
    =======

Nonsence, didn't you get the shirts yet?
    When did I send them?

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

HAH nice one.

nope havent gotten them yet. (they are re-arreanging the postoffices.. read: shutting down the one that is closest to me. so it might take more than few days extra now.. the office was open for last time last friday and they werent there then..) almost 2 weeks ago i think? i cant recall.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

By the way, I'm drinking the best lemonade I've ever had. Made by Sanpellegrino in Italy I think and locally sold by
    Harris Teeter. Small and expensive bottles but goooooooooood. Sour, the way a lemonade should be. They also have an
    amazing orange soda in the same bottle.

* Mod edit * Sorry guiri, remainder of post is OT for this light (oooo) thread ... ;-)
    Last edited by Kestrel; 03-26-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: OT edit

Flashaholic*

guys, i believe we need to leave DM in peace (for now) and focus our food raid at kestrels food den.. let him feed us for a while. are you up for it?

-as there is no such this as offtopic in this particular thread-

---
    guacamole.. still havent "gotten" it. or are all the recipes people use just bad.. as i kinda can eat the avocado as is.
    ----
    sauteed raindeer was good. (as dad got home he wanted some so we ate it all finally)
    ----
    and right now i can say i dont want lasagne at near future.. had the "allyoucaneat".. then homemade "all you want to eat for few days".. and had a work safety course yeasterday and they served.. lasagne of course.. hahaha. so i can now go few weeks without wanting one.
    ---
    breads and butter.. been very normal basic stuff.. nothing to mention.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

So, let's see. I get NO lasagna and you get too much? Life isn't fair. God is going to punish you and turn your t shirts to pink...

As for guacamole, I love the stuff but like you say, hard to find good versions. I love avocados too and used to prefer
    the green ones in Spain. Much juicier than the black ones. I got some kind of whole or rye bread from the store. Fresh baked.
    Put avocado on it instead of butter, lots of it. Fine chopped leek or green onions (would do) and some fine chopped red pepper
    and some salt. Amazing stuff and had a cup of herbal tea with honey with it. Yummy

As for Kestrel, I agree, his time has come...

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    guys, i believe we need to leave DM in peace (for now) and focus our food raid at kestrels food den.. let him feed us for a while. are you up for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    As for Kestrel, I agree, his time has come...
    I'll give up my home-canned tuna and Rhubarb jams when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, lol.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I'll give up my home-canned tuna and Rhubarb jams when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, lol.
    I think between me and the Finn, that can be arranged...neither Bulgarians or Finns are known for being the quiet, gentle types

March will sit behind us, watching us do the prying and cheering us on while munching on Lidl's Mango Chutney...

Flashaholic*

Ha ha Haa! oh yes. he is making very stiff upper lip british dry humour remarks or just going thru a loop of "good show lads, jolly well done" etc.

Home canned tuna, sounds like just the thing the Finnish would eat. Nonsence, don't you guys eat that nasty rotting fish dish? Or is that one of your neighbors?
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Ha ha Haa! oh yes. he is making very stiff upper lip british dry humour remarks or just going thru a loop of "good show lads, jolly well done" etc.
    Yep, I can see it now

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Home canned tuna, sounds like just the thing the Finnish would eat. Nonsence, don't you guys eat that nasty rotting fish dish? Or is that one of your neighbors?
    Bro, where you been dude?

I just ate a tuna sammich over at subway

The rotten fish is in Sweden. Dunno if the Finns do it but they do it up north and that $hit's horrible dude. They have to eat it outdoors
    because it stinks so bad. My mom used to eat that crap!
    Here, found it in the queens language for ya http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Lifest...than-its-bite/

Flashaholic*

hah. no. we dont do that stuff. we are smarter than that!

hah. no. we dont do that stuff. we are smarter than that!
    Well, thank god for that...

Trust me, it's disgusting or rather, it smells disgusting and I've never gotten close enough to taste it.

Flashaholic*

-as there is no such this as offtopic in this particular thread-

---
    guacamole.. still havent "gotten" it. or are all the recipes people use just bad.. as i kinda can eat the avocado as is.
    ----
    sauteed raindeer was good. (as dad got home he wanted some so we ate it all finally)
    ----
    and right now i can say i dont want lasagne at near future.. had the "allyoucaneat".. then homemade "all you want to eat for few days".. and had a work safety course yeasterday and they served.. lasagne of course.. hahaha. so i can now go few weeks without wanting one.
    ---
    breads and butter.. been very normal basic stuff.. nothing to mention.
    BUT ... Have you tried the Lidls Lasagne ... We don't buy any other !

It freezes great (so buy a few) and comes in a big "one man" size OR , as we have it, half a man size (each) plus she puts mixed vegetables with it ... Naturally , I put Lidls Mango Chutney on the mixed veg ... Wonderful.

Handily , Lidles nearest store is within half a mile ... So , it's in easy reach by car ... You can't go to Lidles without buying lots of items including their chocolate and sweets too ... I know that I could easily walk there , but I would have to carry mega-amounts of stuff all the way back up a very steep hill.

Wifes going to physio today with number one daughter so I will be out with the dog with a pocketful of Lidles sweets ... I won't be giving the dog any sweets 'cos I am trying to get his teeth cleaner and free from tartar ... He is only a small Yorkie but he is a handfull when I'm trying to brush his teeth ... I need two hands to hold him still and another hand to keep his mouth open whilst the other two hands are holding the brush and toothpaste ... There must be an easier way.

p.s. The dog hasn't got a pocket ... The sweets will be in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    Wifes going to physio today with number one daughter so I will be out with the dog with a pocketful of Lidles sweets ... I won't be giving the dog any sweets 'cos I am trying to get his teeth cleaner and free from tartar ... He is only a small Yorkie but he is a handfull when I'm trying to brush his teeth ... I need two hands to hold him still and another hand to keep his mouth open whilst the other two hands are holding the brush and toothpaste ... There must be an easier way.

p.s. The dog hasn't got a pocket ... The sweets will be in my pocket.
    Dogs should have pockets. You just got the wrong dog...get one of these dogs , HUGE pockets

If you feed dogs hard food rather than the soft stuff and give them things to chew on their teeth stay quite clean naturally. In nearly 20 years of having labs around we've never needed to brush their teeth.
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Hey, I've got four dogs, four RESCUE dogs. I'm a bit proud of that fact by the way

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Hey, I've got four dogs, four RESCUE dogs. I'm a bit proud of that fact by the way
    So next time I get lost here in our Oregon coastal rainforest jungle, I know who to call for a rescue.
    Just look for the bright lights, lol.

Bagel pizzas for lunch:
    1. An 'Everything' bagel, sliced open & toasted well done, both sides
    2. Top with spaghetti sauce & grated sharp cheddar, Tillamook extra sharp Vintage White if possible.
    3. Place in the oven and bake @ 550 degrees until cheese is bubbling.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 03-28-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Hell, we don't need dogs to find someone from CPF, just follow this...

Bagel, huh?

Flashaholic*

having an omelette.. eggs, fried sausages, fried salami, fried shallot onions, fried bellpepper, hmm i think thats all its got?.. black pepper and salt. pint of milk to drink.

guiri..shirts came, havent done headcount yet but nice big lump of shirts there are..and the first i tried felt okay on me.

About damn time. Had me worried.

Omelette sounds good

Flashaholic*

been drooling on the "big green egg" thread for a while. my advice is that you dont do the mistake i did and start reading it.

...meatballs and mashed potatoes over here..

with chokolate brownies with coffeechokolate topping.. and milk ofcourse.

no sandwich today.. breakfast was rice with grilled chikenbreast.

Went to Thai Palace Saturday...ate amazing Massamun curry dish....want to eat Thai food all the time...need Thai girlfriend.

been drooling on the "big green egg" thread for a while. my advice is that you dont do the mistake i did and start reading it.
    I WILL take your advice and I won't. This thread is about as much as I can handle..

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Went to Thai Palace Saturday...ate amazing Massamun curry dish....want to eat Thai food all the time...need Thai girlfriend.

I had a buddy in Sweden years ago and he was married to a thai chick and kept telling me how good the food was.
    This was BEFORE I ever had thai food. Had I known then what I know now, I would have moved in with them.

They had a good thai place here too but their service and quality went way down so I stopped going there

So, where's everyone at?

Nonsence, did you try wearing and washing the shirts/hanes/delta brand?

Flashaholic*

couple given to friends for tryouts.. 2 or 3 are used and going in the wash.. well.. ok, they might of come out already and are ready to be used, but havent gone thru the pile of clean clothes yet and checked them out.

easter time. time when many finns eat stuff that looks like shit and insist saying that it tastes good. Mämmi. i never really got hang of it myself.. even though they say 100grams of mämmi might contain 20grams of sugar.. plus the sugar and milk/cream you might/likely put on top of it. mämmi is a traditional finnish easter dish here, just like pasha. but i rather have the chokolate eggs or something else instead. hhahah.

Oooo, low calorie diet/diabetic food...I'm in!

Here's something different: backpacking food. I just bough a nifty camp stove today at Cabela's and I had to try it out this afternoon to make a snack.

THE OPTIMUS CRUX!!

Actually it was a decent snack for dehydrated food.

Sweet. I just saw this one at goinggear some weeks ago and I thought of getting one as a backup thing for emergencies. What I like about it is that everything fits inside the cup but
    it's more for liquids I think.

The one I looked at was a different model I think but that was on special so it might be gone but here's one of them http://goinggear.com/jetboil-zip-coo...ve-system.html