Phoenix Electroforms
Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Jetboils are fantastic, but you're right, they are primarily for liquids. The big cup thing you get with it is basically the only sort of container that will work with it. I almost bought one of those as I have used friends' JBs before, but the versatility of the traditional ultralight stove won over, as a variety of cookware can be used with them. If you would use it only for things like coffee, tea, soup, etc on jobsites or something, a JB would be great though.

Well, the only real reason I had for buying one was 'cause I just like buying cool $hit. I already have a stove with plenty of gas canisters and you can use any pot with it so I don't need one but it was so cool, I WANTED to get one

Hey, look at it this way, I COULD have been a crack addict instead...

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

on positive side this kind of addiction dont kill you as fast as crack.. and has less negative effects on the bank account too. (crak heads tend to spend everything and then sell everything they and others own for fraction of cost just to get a fix.)

..once again, everything can taste even better if its fried.. having fried macaroni-casserole right now. yummy. (it was done 2 days ago and now the rest i fried on fryingpan with little butter ofcourse)

bread and sandwich-wise i have been boring. althou today: i had thicker set of meats on my sandwich than the bread was. i woke up feeling like i needed salt etc so i got a reason to over stack my whole wheat toast breads (with butter).. so had them with rest of the slices of packets of turkey ham, meatwurst and cold smoked ham, 3 slices of toast and fillings in between.. and a whole tomato on the side. and 3 glasses of milk.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Ok, I finally have to ask. What exactly is "meatwurst"? Seems kinda ambiguous to me. Maybe that's the point, lol.

Holy crap Nonsence, that's a lotta sammich!

I don't know about the fried casserole though. I'll have to be on the fence on that one till I get to taste it...no offense nonsence

(I kinda thought that last one was funny, but that's just me..)

Whaddup dude?

Gettin' ready to plant stuff and yes, I will take pics. Shared the seeds I got from Nogg with a buddy of mine and told him
    that pics WERE required
    Last edited by guiri; 04-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Ok, I finally have to ask. What exactly is "meatwurst"? Seems kinda ambiguous to me. Maybe that's the point, lol.
    I think so too...besides, I was scared to ask. Like the movie said..."you had me at fried macaroni-casserole"

Flashaholic*

typo.. mettwurst i meant. meaty wurst. in same family tree of wursts as salami, i think it is. meetvursti/meetwurst/mettwurst.

----
    yeah this is very similar to what i had: http://www.scandinaviafood.com/finni...ole-recipe.php that is good as is.. then day later, you could heat it up in oven or microwave.. but this time i decided to fry it.

kinda got the idea to do it again as a friend of mine did some fried rice and offered it to me for a taste.. gonna do that myself one day too.. fried rice. they do it in tv shows but never had eaten one myself before.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Flashaholic*

Anyone try hardtack? My daughter had to make some for her school and she was supposed to record our reactions as we were supposed to try it. I want to send her teacher my dental bill! Hardtack is otherwise known as "jaw breaker". When my daughter made it she made it a lot thinner than she was supposed to (3/16") and this made it edible. She brought home a piece that her friend had made that was about half an inch thick and about the only thing I could think to do with it was to use it as a skipping stone as it was absolutely unbreakable using my teeth.

Flashaholic*

hah. never had one but i believe it is meant to be soaked with water or tee (anything liquid) till its edible mush.

Quote Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    Anyone try hardtack? My daughter had to make some for her school and she was supposed to record our reactions as we were supposed to try it. I want to send her teacher my dental bill! Hardtack is otherwise known as "jaw breaker". When my daughter made it she made it a lot thinner than she was supposed to (3/16") and this made it edible. She brought home a piece that her friend had made that was about half an inch thick and about the only thing I could think to do with it was to use it as a skipping stone as it was absolutely unbreakable using my teeth.
    Hell, I couldn't even do those when my teeth were good, THESE DAYS? Hell no!

Never understood people's need to complicate life and things. Who the hell thought of making a jaw breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    hah. never had one but i believe it is meant to be soaked with water or tee (anything liquid) till its edible mush.
    Are you sure? Never heard of that..

Hey, where are the others?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    That doesn't work (soaking it).

That stuff was intended to be eaten by sailors because it would keep for years if properly stored. Soldiers on both sides of the US Civil War carried the stuff into battle. It's still sold as survival food in Alaska.

I thought jaw breakers was candy?

I guess the candy version came later?

Meatwurst...still don't know what's in it, lol. I assume a pork or beef sausage of sorts? Is it eaten cold and sliced like salami or summersausage or warm like a brat?

Hardtack...sounds terrible. I'd rather go with the Native American style of survival food, pemmican. Bits of meat and lard and dried berries all packed together. Also kept well and sounds infinitely tastier. I should see if there's any recipes for that around and try to make some.

Sign me up bro....taste judge that is

There yall go again, disappearing...

Nonsence, what's the word on the shirts? Good or not?

A buddy of mine cooked a chicken for me and I think he tried to poison me. Damn thing was still raw

Flashaholic*

Evilgrin07 Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    There yall go again, disappearing...

Nonsence, what's the word on the shirts? Good or not?

A buddy of mine cooked a chicken for me and I think he tried to poison me. Damn thing was still raw
    You shouldn't have told him that you were leaving all your possessions (including torches and dogs) to him in your will.

True story, the local cops are arguing over who gets to inherit me. One's even offered to pay for the will to be drawn if I leave him my tool box

Flashaholic*

shirts still in rotation and evaluation stage.. (i got so many shirts going round) friends seemed happy with theirs. i have too. but first impressions.. they need the tuggin and pullin.. if one dont do it, they shrunk in length..

------
    cabbage stew yesterday.

and today been mostly eating fresh baguette with home smoked lax. (alder and little bit of apple tree) just salt and dash of sugar as flavor this time. sadly done in the electric smoker version this time.. the old smoker box finally gave in last year so we need to make a new one this summer. hmm.. gotta go see if the commercial ones have improved at all in decade .. as the electric box was suprisingly nice. been easy to do smoked fish all thru winter outside in patio no matter the temperature.

even thou smoke is smoke even if its done with electric heat rods but i gotta say something feels cooler, or something macic happens when you do it with real live "flame". it just seems to taste better. maybe it is just the idea of doing it the old way? haha.

That's the thing. I'm not much for smoked or barbecue and around here, seems that's all they do

Yeah, I've always tugged on all my shirts, these and other brands. I do both length and width and do it twice.

Is the Hanes the same? I mean, does it shrink too?

Flashaholic*

actually the hanes seemed to be of same size as before.. but it has only gone thru the cycle once i think but the 4 deltas i have used have been thru 2 or 3 times.

ooh.. i would really like the bbq and smoking cuisine. hah.

but over here we dont do the american bbq style of lathing the food with sauces while cooking it.. we just chuck meat or sausages in grill and be done with them. (i think it was the same in sweden too)

i would really like to learn to do the steaks ribs etc food the "slow way" with marinades and smoking and slow roast. i am just too impatient when im hungry and the grill is heated up. hahah.

I've gotta tell you, around here, when they do baby back ribs and they do them right, they're incredible. The trick is they steam them or something first to make them really cooked and tender and then they put them on the grill to pretty much just get a little grilled surface so to speak. Great stuff!

I'm sure I can find you plenty of recipes but the problem is, without having tried them, which one is good but if you're interested, I can look around.

Hey guys, for those of you who are local. Does anyone happen to have access to a UPS account with better prices?

I'll need to ship a few computers in the next weeks and I already paid $103 to ship one which has to be sent back and then
    I have to send another one and back?

I would be more than happy to pay for the shipping up front of course.
    Mind you, if it gets complicated in any way (like you have to ask someone else or whatever) then
    it's not that important.

Damn, shipping is expensive these days

Anyway, I just had some pasta with some sauce with sausage. The dude the cooked
    it said it had been cooking for two days...?

Seems to me that it's over complicating things a bit. It was good though
    and I'm always grateful for free food

Flashaholic*

pasta that cooks for 2 days? hahahahah. that must of been a glob! just kiddin.

yeah some pastasauces do get better in time.. slow cook it for hours and its good. and even better the day after. i personally wouldnt have the nerve to wait 2 days for food to be ready to eat. its hunger that drives me to cook in 1st place. hahah

I agree. I'd be violating the pot way too early

This probably looks weird, but it's really good. Take a hamburger bun, split it, and put it on the plate. Scoop a bunch of chili on it. Then put a slice of American cheese on each side and nuke it till it's hot and melty. Eat it with a fork. Mmmmmm.

Flashaholic*

That's almost a Sloppy Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    That's almost a Sloppy Joe.
    Yeah, pretty much actually, haha. A more entertaining way to eat chili anyways.

Flashaholic*

I've done something like that, except with white bread and without the cheese

Had tamales made by real Mexicans on Saturday, covered in fresh pico de gallo - tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, some avocado too, chopped up coarsely, maybe a bit of citrus juice and salt. It was so fresh and flavorful, I loved it.

Where you all at? March, nonsence, Noggin, guiri, DM, Kestrel, Acid, everyone disappeared off the Earth apparently.

Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast