Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

nbp

Flashaholic
I had a good sandwich a few days ago. Smoked turkey and gouda with romaine and my own cranberry honey dijon on a fresh pretzle roll.

:welcome:

That sandwich sounds amazing! I love pretzel rolls, and gouda. And cranberry mustard is phenomenal. I did something similar a few weeks ago. I mixed some chunky cranberry sauce with some hot coarse brown mustard and put it on a turkey/havarti/lettuce sandwich. The tartness/sweetness of the cranberries with the slight heat and acidity of the mustard made a really fantastic blend. You have inspired me to work on that again. :drool:

Admin advisement: This is a continuation of this 1116 post thread. This post would have been number 1117, had it remained intact. (part II)

Last edited by a moderator:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, since I can't quote the others, I'll just have to try something different.

First, Amandous, welcome to our little group :)

Second. DM, that damn cow's head CAME from a slaughterhouse :(

Love the pie and I agree with nonsence, that tail kinda messes it up but hey
I'd eat it. Tail would have to go to the dogs :)

Nonsence, glad the ham test went well. I should become a ham tester myself :)

I was at the store yesterday and was gonna buy some pistachios (nuts) but
could only find small packs WITH spices :(

They're too expensive here and I just had a craving for some but didn't want to
buy a plain pack for 7 bucks

nbp, never had a pretzel roll I think. That sammich and yours sounds good, WITH
the only exception being that I hate mustard :(

Empath, thank you daddy... :)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
indeed.. starting all new and fresh thread.. feels at the same time fun and odd. hahah.

maybe if we ever end up in page 20 or so in this one we could ask one of the mods to kill the previous one and start anew.. 38 pages is indeed longer than needed. all forum boot-up issues aside, it also makes searching something we talked about week or two or month ago, a real difficult to find.. especially if one dont remember what it was and when it was but rememebers that there was some golden nugget there somewhere one needs to find again.. hahah me and my grrrreat memory. :D

----
never understood nuts.. never got to like any of them. and i know that to some i am slightly allergic to. so as i dont like them its easy to avoid eating them.
----
today im going to go get just some cooked rice.. and from oven: chicken bits with chopped up mushrooms, zuccini, bell pepper and tomato.. all doused with cream. (right after i type this i go and get some)

today no sandwich.. had nothing fresh or fun to put on top of it this mornin.. so i think i must leave some of the chickenthingy for tomorrow morning to put on my french baguette for breakfast.

DM51

Flashaholic
DM, that damn cow's head CAME from a slaughterhouse

Love the pie and I agree with nonsence, that tail kinda messes it up but hey
I'd eat it. Tail would have to go to the dogs

WHAAATT??

[outrage] Oxtail is one of the most delicious things there is... [droooll]... give it to the DOGS?!? :shakehead

nbp

Flashaholic
In bush Alaska where I grew up, there would be so much salmon available that people would use it for dog food. :)

That is indeed a travesty. :ohgeez:

Smoked salmon is also one of the most delicious things there is. Never understood the tail thing...never had it either though. Just doesn't seem very 'meaty'. :shrug:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHAAATT??[/B]
[outrage] Oxtail is one of the most delicious things there is... [droooll]... give it to the DOGS?!? :shakehead

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

How the hell was I supposed to know it was an oxtail?

I LIKE oxtail and I wanna be where the salmon is so abundant you can give it to your dogs. I LOVE fish
and I've been wanting some property like that for years :drool:

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Oh - here we all are!

When I saw that Empath had locked the thread, I thought that George must have gone on a swearing rampage :shakehead but now we have a new home :party:.

Nice cow pie DM very Desperate Dan.

DM51

Flashaholic
Nice cow pie DM very Desperate Dan.

Desperate Dan, or Gorgeous George? :laughing:

Cow-Pie-2.jpg

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
it also makes searching something we talked about week or two or month ago, a real difficult to find.. especially if one dont remember what it was and when it was but remembers that there was some golden nugget there somewhere one needs to find again.. hahah me and my grrrreat memory. :D
If you search for Mango Chutney , there are 17,461 posts at a very rough guess ... I could be wrong there though , 'cos I haven't counted them , but it's a lot of posts.
You can narrow it down though by searching for "Lidls Mango Chutney" ...
evilgrin07.gif

The one with the purple label is amazing.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
soon there will be a youtube phenomen...

march.brown: of mango chutney, the series! (also remember to follow his blog "mango chutneys in lidl, day by day experiences".)

ROFL.. ;) yeah.. i know i might get flooded by the results of lidls mango chutney if i were to search it..

sadly, i just cant find the chutney here in our LIDL! -will be waiting their next "indian cousine" week. (i bet in UK lidl has indian dishes by demand all the time, because atleast in london to my tourist eyes there seemed to be many indian looking people living there.)

-----
oxtail? i saw it as an tail of devil or goblin of sorts.. gremlin or hobgoblin.. hah.. nver saw an ox in it. hhahahahh. nice cake though.. what was it like? what was it inside? chokolate cake or what?
-----

odd thing btw.. normally its adviced to stay on topic all the time.. but these threads of ours (2.5 actually as the first one was originally about something else) seem to be allowed to run freely all over the place in food and life related matters..

-----
xmas presents are pretty much in line now.. i only need to figure out couple little ones and hope that the ones i ordered will arrive in time. friday i had no idea what to buy to people.. 24 hours later i was in groove, you know, in tha zone! buying and ordering things left and right.. and on sunday evening i was where i am now.. almost done! hahah.

all i hope now is is that postal services run almost normally. :) not asking much, within 2-3days of the regular timeframe will do.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me first comment on some previous stuff. First, EVERYTHING just about tastes better with cream bro. I cooked liver a bunch of years ago for me and a buddy and his gf was there.
Do you want some I asked. No, I hate liver she said.
Well my buddy said, you need to taste THIS liver (with cream). Man, she ate the hell outta that liver :)

A little while ago, I had a Philly steak and cheese sammich at one of the local places and it was about the worst one I've ever had.
No taste and greasy as hell :(

Speaking of Nonsence and nuts, has anyone here tried PINE nuts? From the pine cones?

pine-nuts-rs0311-lg.jpg
pine-nuts1.jpg

Very small but VERY tasty :)

odd thing btw.. normally its adviced to stay on topic all the time.. but these threads of ours (2.5 actually as the first one was originally about something else) seem to be allowed to run freely all over the place in food and life related matters..

Shhhhh........

nbp

Flashaholic
indeed.. starting all new and fresh thread.. feels at the same time fun and odd. hahah.

----
never understood nuts.. never got to like any of them. and i know that to some i am slightly allergic to. so as i dont like them its easy to avoid eating them.
----

I kinda like that 'new thread smell' too. Sniffffffff! Ahhhhhh....

I like nuts...that's why I visit this thread. :nana:

Oh - here we all are!
When I saw that Empath had locked the thread, I thought that George must have gone on a swearing rampage :shakehead but now we have a new home :party:.

Welcome home Noggin! (Don't tell him, but I kinda thought the same thing... :duck: )

Speaking of Nonsence and nuts, has anyone here tried PINE nuts? From the pine cones?

Very small but VERY tasty :)

Yup, I've had 'em. They're pretty good actually. Have you ever had corn nuts? Those are fun to eat as well.

Shhhhh......

+1

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome home Noggin! (Don't tell him, but I kinda thought the same thing... :duck: )

First of all, you can both kiss my...(the part where the oxtail is attached)!!!

Second, not sure about corn nuts? Pics? Oops, yes, I have (just looked them up) and yes, good stuff.

Look what I just found :)

http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/

I was looking through THIS section and I swear, my mouth started watering AND as I'm writing this, I also thought about
the dried fruit and my damn mouth started watering again :(
I love fruit (even more than nuts)
http://www.nutsonline.com/driedfruit/

By the way, these are possibly the BEST nuts I've had in my life. My in laws brought some back for me from a cruise
they were on some years ago and they also stopped in Hawaii. Guess the ones they brought were fresh, 'cause they
were friggin' amazing. Here's a link to the manufacturer..and yes, the ones with sea salt were the ones I got.
http://shop.maunaloa.com/Roasted-Salted/p/MAU-540319

nbp

Flashaholic
First of all, you can both kiss my...(the part where the oxtail is attached)!!!

Second, not sure about corn nuts? Pics? Oops, yes, I have (just looked them up) and yes, good stuff.

Look what I just found :)

http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/

I was looking through THIS section and I swear, my mouth started watering AND as I'm writing this, I also thought about
the dried fruit and my damn mouth started watering again :(
I love fruit (even more than nuts)
http://www.nutsonline.com/driedfruit/

By the way, these are possibly the BEST nuts I've had in my life. My in laws brought some back for me from a cruise
they were on some years ago and they also stopped in Hawaii. Guess the ones they brought were fresh, 'cause they
were friggin' amazing. Here's a link to the manufacturer..and yes, the ones with sea salt were the ones I got.
http://shop.maunaloa.com/Roasted-Salted/p/MAU-540319

Gotta tell ya George, when you post a link to a place called nutsonline.com, I was a little concerned to click it on my work computer. ;)

But yeah, those nuts looked delicious. The pine nuts reminded me of the pesto my mom makes. Holy cats, pesto is so good. Get some good crusty bread and just smear it on there. Oh heavens, that is good stuff. If you've not had pesto, get some, or make some. It's not hard. Grab your Cuisinart and load in fresh basil leaves, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan, pine nuts, blend smooth and enjoy.

Macadamias are the most delicious 'cuz they're the worst for you. :nana:

Sweet dreams Kestrel. :wave: