4 Sevens
Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

yeah.. i waited patiently for few days until this thread would be the last post on this page before resquing it.

i am a bit late on my own tomatoes in greenhouse.. i should of planted them earlier.. now its touch and go if they will grow big enough to give a good harvest before summer is over. they might. but i was atleast month too late. i kept talking about it and just didnt get the greenhouse built so i didnt bother planting them to pots in time. the seeds for the tomatoes are from the ones i bought from store and got mushy before i got around to eat them. there are six or seven growing now.. hope they all stay alive and give me some cool small red tomatoes. (yeah they wont be big as the summer is short and cold and even tho sun is up long time a day it just dont have many strong rays)

only regular tomatoes, no cherry ones this time.. maybe next year (i just cant imagine how small THEY would be if the regular tomatoes i grow normally end up looking like supersized cherry tomatoes. hahah)
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Dude, mine produce till September and at the end of the year, they are almost too damn sweet to eat, no joke.

My lunch a couple weeks ago...

Looks great. Bread looks yummy

I went to a place and had all you can eat ribs today. Had about 4 racks of baby back ribs. Good stuff and the waitress was cute as a button and awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fl0t
    My lunch a couple weeks ago...
    That looks super! Plus avocados, I love avocados. They're great even just with a bit of salt and lemon juice, and as guacamole they can't be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by guiri
    Looks great. Bread looks yummy

I went to a place and had all you can eat ribs today. Had about 4 racks of baby back ribs. Good stuff and the waitress was cute as a button and awesome
    Mmmm, ribs. I love me some good ribs. And good help just tops it off.

How'd those ribs you were gonna make turn out Georgi?

Never did try to make'em. I'm a procrastinatin' sob bro

Dude, I love avocados too. When I was in Spain, I used to make a sandwich that had avocados as spread. Some kind of whole bread, avocados instead of butter and leek (fine cut) and also some red bell peppers (fine cut).
    Washed it down with some herb tea, it was awesome.

The thing is, over there, they have these green avocados that are awesome. They've got'em here too but they have no flavor and the black ones are very dry., Great on taste but very dry.
    The green ones there were very juicy and great tasting and awesome for what I did with them.

Damn, I love good food.

You people keep talking about baby back ribs makes me want to stop my diet. GF is going to kill me.
    Last time I had a full rack of ribs was at the 11th street diner on Miami beach, Oh boy... so tender, so juicy, so much meat...

I love avocados, I've used them as spread too but I prefer a good salad or the whole avocado on a rice plate with some meat or chicken.

Diet? Oh hell! You're definitely in the wrong thread bro

Hey, where in Central America are you?

Avocados are frikkin' awesome

I wish I could get the good, green ones here.

On another note, my cucumbers seem to be growing well and if the amount of blooms are an indication, I should get a shitload

Flashaholic*

never really liked avocados.. maybe i always got the bad kind but it has never impressed me much.

wikipedia: diet is the sum of food consumed by a person or other organism.

so diet can be what ever. im on diet that contains unhealthy amounts of chokolate, cocacola, good food and stuff.

-about sandwiches.. my sister was visiting here and made a neat italian style ciabatta bread, with fine chopped olive chunks in the batter, done with olive oil and with bacon bits.. filled with creme fraiche so it was gooey fluff inside.. not sure how she did it and not sure if those were the only ingredients, but they were the ones i recognized. anyways it was nice.

so i countered it next day with french baguette sliced in half, buttered, filled with fried chiken, pineapple ring, fried egg and then adding cheese and then put in the oven so it melted. i liked it too.

today: i had a general cheap supermarket sandwich bun with butter and baloney.

-oh damn how far i fall on "normal" days from the good stuff.. hahhaha.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Damn nonsence, I just ate and now you made me hungry again...

Flashaholic*

no cool sandwiches lately.. only home smoked salmon and new potatoes and butter. (tomorrow maybe if there is fish left i will have it on top of the bread too like always..)

now some banana strawberry icecream topped with chokolate chips shaved from marabou bar with my spyderco delica.. hahah

Dude, I just had an amazing sandwich the other day.

Fresh baked baguette, butter, cream cheese (with chives and something else) and my homegrown cherry tomatoes on top. Farkin amazing brother. The tomatoes do the trick.

http://www.extuff.biz/images/various...647_resize.JPG

Texas Toast.. the best thing to come out of Texas since Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Flashaholic*

thickness of the slices look adequate.. the fillings look slightly too thin in comparison.. but whats in it?

Yummmmmmmy.... I love mango chutney.... It tasted so good, I really like their stuff.

Flashaholic*

Evilgrin07 Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Quote Originally Posted by Bevis View Post
    Yummmmmmmy.... I love mango chutney.... It tasted so good, I really like their stuff.
    Everyone knows that both types of "Lidls" mango chutney is the best ... I prefer the hot one but the Grandchildren prefer the other ...

I've been gone for a few months, looks like you folks are behaving yourselves? Who put the flouride in your water, lol.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Flashaholic*

yes, we are well behaving bunch when steadily fed. or we have learned to selfmoderate or was it to hide the evidence better.. i have no recollection of any behaviour good/goof or bad, any further questions you should refer them to my attorney.

ps. very irresposible for you to leave us on our own.. who knows what we might of eaten without any supervision.

couldnt resist buying oven fresh bread from a supermarket which has their own oven.. and i saw them pulling them loafs out of it.. the smell draw me closer (from the meat section) and the cute girl offering a tasting pieces that had butter on them, well she had me hooked before "hello". gonna go there tomorrow too to get a paper wrapped new bread fresh out of the oven..

at home i cut half of the loaf for snack.. sliced that in half and filled it with what ever i had available: tomatoes, cucumber, baloney, bratwurst sausage left over form day before bbq, boiled egg. then i realised i ate the top part of the loaf with butter alone.. it was that good (i got hungry while chopping the "fillings") hahah. anyways.. very nice half a foot long sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Texas Toast.. the best thing to come out of Texas since Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Nick, so what's wrong with Ry Cooder?

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    Everyone knows that both types of "Lidls" mango chutney is the best ... I prefer the hot one but the Grandchildren prefer the other ...

Ooops, we woke up March

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I've been gone for a few months, looks like you folks are behaving yourselves? Who put the flouride in your water, lol.
    Not fluoride bro, we drank the Kool-Aid

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    yes, we are well behaving bunch when steadily fed. or we have learned to selfmoderate or was it to hide the evidence better.. i have no recollection of any behaviour good/goof or bad, any further questions you should refer them to my attorney.

ps. very irresposible for you to leave us on our own.. who knows what we might of eaten without any supervision.

couldnt resist buying oven fresh bread from a supermarket which has their own oven.. and i saw them pulling them loafs out of it.. the smell draw me closer (from the meat section) and the cute girl offering a tasting pieces that had butter on them, well she had me hooked before "hello". gonna go there tomorrow too to get a paper wrapped new bread fresh out of the oven..

at home i cut half of the loaf for snack.. sliced that in half and filled it with what ever i had available: tomatoes, cucumber, baloney, bratwurst sausage left over form day before bbq, boiled egg. then i realised i ate the top part of the loaf with butter alone.. it was that good (i got hungry while chopping the "fillings") hahah. anyways.. very nice half a foot long sandwich.
    What the foreign dude said....as long as I have food, you will never have any problems with me...and I agree, very irresponsible of you to leave...we could have eaten something low fat or light or something.
    That $hit'll kill ya!

Nonsence, I'm disappointed, half a foot? Is that even worth it? Mind you, there were a good bit of ingredients in there..

I agree, if the bread is good and it SHOULD be, I eat a lot of it straight, with butter and some salt.

Buddy of mine made some kind of Sirloin steak last night. He gave me the ends which were a bit overcooked but it was still tender
    and had killer flavor. Had itty bitty potatoes too and some baby carrots. All VERY yummy.

They finally started selling a yoghurt that is NOT low fat or fat free in my local store so I'm happy as hell right now. Broke but happy

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe
    no cool sandwiches lately.. only home smoked salmon and new potatoes and butter. (tomorrow maybe if there is fish left i will have it on top of the bread too like always..)

now some banana strawberry icecream topped with chokolate chips shaved from marabou bar with my spyderco delica.. hahah
    I recently made a smoked salmon sandwich, first time for that. A tasty bolillo roll, a smear of mayo, a mess of salmon, some muenster cheese and lettuce. I didn't know what it'd be like but it was super good actually.

thickness of the slices look adequate.. the fillings look slightly too thin in comparison.. but whats in it?
    I had to keep the fillings thin so I could get it in my mouth.
    Turkey, cheese, lettuce, mayo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel

We were good. But we missed you anyways.

I love how you just randomly stuff a bunch of leftovers between bread and dub it a sandwich. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by guiri

Nick, so what's wrong with Ry Cooder?

Don't know him, I'll have to google.

This thread's entirely too large to check if this has been posted, so forgive me if it has.

Pittsburgh has Primanti Brothers restaraunts and they are so awesome. They specialize in these giant, crazy sandwiches. Excellent kielbasa, sausage, beef, chicken...

Man! Now I need to get one tomorrow.

Last edited by Bigpal; 07-24-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpal View Post
    This thread's entirely too large to check if this has been posted, so forgive me if it has.

Pittsburgh has Primanti Brothers restaraunts and they are so awesome. They specialize in these giant, crazy sandwiches. Excellent kielbasa, sausage, beef, chicken...

Man! Now I need to get one tomorrow.
    As for not reading the whole thread, don't worry and by the way, if you think this thread is large, check out the original one
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ndwiches-Oh-My!

That sammich looks great. I LOVE sandwiches and I'm getting ready to eat one now. Fresh baked bread, butter, cream cheese with chives and maters.
    Friggen AWESOME!

Hey Nick, that salmon sounds awesome

Flashaholic*

i have written three replies to this thread.. and 2 in others.. i know one or two of them got deleted because of cpf crash. but where did the others go. i click "send", it appears on the topic. but next day i go to see replies.. mine is nowhere to be seen. odd.

and off topic.. im still hungry. last time i mentioned this cpf crashed.. second time i mentioned it my post has disappeared from the thread.. so me beeing hungry means cpf crashes or threads get erased. how sad.

tomatoes in greenhouse are still doing ok. slowed down on production but i do get couple every other day to slice and dice between my bread. i am thinking about collecting few of them and doing my own pasta sauce out of my own tomatoes..

today i only had fresh full rye dark bread , little butter and then smeared with layer of liverpate. had a homegrown tomato on the side (ate it as is).

has anyone eaten any truffel? i keep seeing it in posh cooking shows (just saw one episode on tv) where they shave some truffel on top of pasta or something.. and i just wonder what it is like?

Yes, your stomach is crashing CPF. You didn't know that?

Personally, I think they just don't like Finns but that's just my opinion.

Never tried truffles other than in candy so no idea what it really tastes like.

Expensive as $hit, I know that.

My tomatoes and cucumbers didn't do well at all this year and I think it was something
    with the weather around here. Not sure

I love pate. YUM!

Flashaholic*

i ate cpf? how nice. hahah no wonder my stomach ached one day. lot to digest.

hmm.. summer is closing down here.. its getting dark in nights again.

raspberry season is about over, basically just enough to feed yourself in the bushes or make a pie or tart out of them.. not enough to bother to putting them in freezer. (airtight container, berries and teaspoon of sugar thats it.. result later in winter when taken out of freezer is sugary liquid and mushy berries.. perfect for lathing the pancakes and icecream and other goody stuff.

blueberries are scarse in the woods this year, had to buy a bucket full of them from someone who pick them almost like part time worker from forest. (was cheaper than driving around the woods dozens of miles just looking for a spot where one could find lot of them.. the normal places were either picked already or they didnt have that much to begin with.)

lingonberries are still raw. you know the berry one mushes on top of reindeer meat.. any deer will work.. as most deer seem to be eating them so there likely is a faint flavor of them in the meat already (you are what you eat?) and the berries will intensify the taste and hide others one might not prefer (gamy smell) and give it little more sour twang.

personally i am not into berries of the forest.. i like more sweet types like strawberries and raspberries that one can grow in backyard and wander off to graze amongst them when ever one likes. next year i try to revive some of the strawberry bushes that i have neglected for half a decade.. they grow wild in middle of the overgrown grass nowdays.. (i know some are there still as my sister took over 20 of them this spring and planted them on her own yard)

same here only in chokolate candy truffles.. no idea which part of it is it.

or if they are just named such to fool people thinking they are getting luxurious product. hahah.

Yeah, I couldn't tell you about the truffles either

Berries? Now you're talking. I LOVE berries and I love'em all.

Used to pick blueberries when I lived up north. It was awesome just eating them by the handful

I would eat fruit all the time if I could afford it and could get the fruit I wanted at that time.
    I LOVE fruit and it's probably one of the reasons I'm a diabetic

You said revive strawberry bushes? Did you mean raspberry?

Later

Back to sandwiches for a minute. Recently I've been revisiting an old favorite, liverwurst and onion on rye or pumpernickel. Simple, cheap, and delicious.

Geoff