Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 4
Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Another vegas picture, chips and dips....

amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*

Those are some tasty looking Mexican crisps!

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Fives guys DO have great burgers
    Five Guys... cue Homer gargle.

I always go all the way with jalapenos and bbq sauce. Next time I'm going crazy and getting all the possible toppings! I can't get enough of their cajun fries. Next time I'm getting a large all to myself!!!
    Last edited by dudemar; 01-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    i agree on this. better away, than near by.
    and i have been keeping myself "away" already for a while to adjust and keep myself de-attached.

------
    about them subway sandwiches. i have only had them couple times but to me they feel nothing special, decent tasting toppings but the subway itself seemed tasteless in comparison to the "normal" breads we have in stores. so they always made me consider them as overpriced sandwiches. hahah. (even if they are cheaper and better than other premade sandwiches one can buy from cafes etc. so makes no sense!) and yes they have couple stores here in my town aswell, they are everywhere.. but.. they are hard to reach for me. hahah. they are in middle of town.. i hardly ever go to the center as there is nothing for me there to shop for. might be different if they were in places i visit.. hahah.

weird fact: there is 3 subways in my hometown, and only one mcdonalds! (seems like the macD cant compete against the"big" finnish hamburger chain here.. hesburger with 8 places.)

but i really wish they would open burger king here.. i just like their burgers best of the ones i have tried in main chains in usa too. (but burgerking knows the competition over here is different than in elsewhere in world i suppose.. everywhere else they compete against macD, here they would be competing against a company that is over running the macd here, the "local" hesburger, by about two hese places against one mcdonalds, nad rumour has it mcd is not making profit here, but hesburger is.)

------
    Good man (on the x thing). I'm happy you're doing this. Maybe this is a good thing. She might miss you as hell but if not, I think this is better in the long run.

Subway like everything is like I say, "you have to pick your battles"
    By that I mean that most places have SOMETHING good, you just have to know what it is. I've eaten out so many times around here, I pretty much know what every place has that is good
    and many of them know me now and what I want.

McD is shit in my opinion and I've really only enjoyed it when I lived in Sweden and they had something called McFeast. I liked that and they would cook it just right.
    Here in the US they pretty much refuse to make anything the way you want, always using the excuse that it's against their policy, they can't do it or whatever.
    I actually tried the McRib a few months ago and I like it, but out of the 15 times I've ordered it, they've gotten it right only a couple and the ONLY thing I've
    asked them to do is NO pickles and a shitload of onions. You'd think that any moron would understand that but NO.

As for Burger King, I'm a bit of an expert there as I've been hanging out at my local BK for sometimes up to 6 hours a day and often sitting inside AFTER closing and sometimes even
    after the drive through was closed. BK in the US and the rest of the world are very different. Do not doubt me when I say that I've eaten BK in probably 5 countries or more
    and every time, I've had better burgers in Europe than the US and this from an American chain.
    It has to do with ONE thing only and it is willingness to go out of their way and do it correctly.
    The best ones I've had (and I've always eaten the double whopper or now, the triple whopper) was in Malaga Spain and they were made by this chick
    that later became one of their managers. She made the most amazing double whopper and damn do I miss her.
    I even gave her a gift before leaving Spain to come over here

For those who still eat at BK in the US, IF you buy something there, make sure you order it OFF the broiler. That means they'll cook it fresh.
    This is especially important near closing time as they turn the broiler off a couple of hours (or more) before closing time so they have time
    to clean it. What they do (and they do this during the day too) is cook a bunch of meat and it's sitting in these bins under heat and of course
    they get dry.

Quote Originally Posted by dudemar View Post
    I was thinking that, but if I throw the bread in the toaster first the inside of the sammich will stay a little crunchy too. I guess I have to try both ways to find out!
    Atta boy!

i just had french toast ( i think thats the name of them.. breads dipped into eggs and fried) and then i had second set that i removed most of the the middle of the bread and dunked an egg inside so its like fried egg inside of the bread. (not dunking them in egg before hand just placed them on frying pan and dunked the egg into the hole) so i had one set for sweet type (french) with apple jam, and other set for salt.. and b.pepper. -great way to use bread that is going old..
    Interesting idea with the bread with a hole. As for french toast, next time, try mixing a little milk with the eggs and buy the thickest, fluffiest bread slices you can find. Here in the US I use wonderbread. Really thick and fluffy.

I then dunk them really well in the mixture and make sure they REALLY soak in the eggs and milk and then I cook them on very high heat so they're done on the outside but still mushy inside.
    Maybe a bit gross but I love it. They're juicy as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    Another vegas picture, chips and dips....
    Dude, I just had mexican last night with one of our local cops. Cool.

I always go all the way with jalapenos and bbq sauce. Next time I'm going crazy and getting all the possible toppings! I can't get enough of their cajun fries. Next time I'm getting a large all to myself!!!
    I get jalapenos too

Me and a buddy once ate there and I got fries for HIM and he thought they were for me so he got some too and dude, we wound up with a couple of pounds of damn fries.
    Had to take the rest to my dogs

========================

I would also like to officially say that Nogg being a man of his word, brought us Chutney from back home. nbp has his and mine is on its way and our brother Nogg refused
    to take money.

*Sniff* I'm touched bro and I really appreciate it.

Like I said, let us know if you need something from here anytime.

This is one of the coolest things on the web. Cool people. I've asked people for help on the web and I've had people ask me.
    When I see people in the forums complaining that some companies don't send overseas, I never understand why they simply
    don't approach someone in the forum and ask them to get it for them.
    People are so scared they might lose a bit of money.
    Oh well. Like I said, I'm thrilled. Thank you little brother

Mexican bean burrito noms from Vegas.

Enjoy the chutney guys, where is march for the tasting notes?
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

hah.. that is the way i do them.. little milk or cream with eggs. and dunkem till they are too soggy for fingers to lift.. gotta to use the spatula.

and about them slices.. i make my own right from the french baguette loaf so an inch is about thinnest i do ever.. hahah so on these, they all were over 4cm thick .thats 1.5" minimum. (dont really like presliced bread, they are convinient but if i want flavour i buy them whole) normally i make my bread slices wider or as wide as the blade of the knife i use to cut it.

today: broth. sausages, potatoes, vegetables (carrot and pea and corn), little macaroni. (was going to do it with ground meat but ended up making meat pasties.. just rice and meat and spices as filling this time)

tomorrow: broth again.. and them pasties.. and if im still hungry i will just have a sandwich with baloney/meatwurst.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Nogg, he'll be here as soon as we post our opinions, I'm sure, ESPECIALLY if one of us dares NOT to like it

Nonsence, that's my man. Gotta have'em gooey

Flashaholic*

Mexican bean burrito noms from Vegas.

Haven't been to Mexico or anywhere on the American continent ... I will stick to Europe (including Egypt , Turkey etc).

In the process of updating the kitchen ... Apparently it needed to be done ... Samsung Fridge / Freezer is coming on Friday ... Over two metres high which is good as "her indoors" won't be able to reach the top shelf ... All my chutneys and cheeses will go nicely on the top shelf along with my chocolate (also from Lidls) ... Didn't realise how much these appliances cost ... Could have had a nice holiday for that price.

At least we will be able to have more stuff available to eat in that size of fridge / freezer ... A dead body would fit in with room to spare ... Don't get any ideas as I've already thought of it ... Anyway , there will be mega space for all my chutneys on the unreachable (for her) top shelf instead of just one of each plus a spare of each as in the little old fridge ... I can now have several of each type which is good , as it means that there will be more space left then in the wall cupboards for tinned stuff ... The next shelf down will be beers , though that is in dispute at the moment ... Can't understand her attitude , as a fridge / freezer is more economic to run if it is full of food and drinks.

I will have a couple of beers and a couple of cheese and Lidles Mango Chutney sandwiches later as it is hard work cutting work-surfaces and moving kitchen units about (to fit the new Fridge-freezer in) ... I'm getting hungry now.

I did have a break this morning to take the dog out then back home for a nice coffee plus a Kit-Kat Chunky and some Milk Chocolate Brazils (small 175 gram packet).

Life isn'r all bad.

March, it sounds like you have purchased an American style fridge freezer? Don't feel bad, we have one too with an ice dispenser and chilled water and jolly magnificent it is too!

Flashaholic*

March, it sounds like you have purchased an American style fridge freezer? Don't feel bad, we have one too with an ice dispenser and chilled water and jolly magnificent it is too!
    It only has one fridge door and one freezer door , so I don't think that it is an American style ... Doesn't have a chilled water dispenser (she didn't want one) though it has a sort of ice cube dispenser that flips out the cubes when you pull a lever ... Fridge / freezer is 201cm high by 60cm wide and 67cm deep ... 9 cubic feet fridge and 4 cubic feet freezer ... Much bigger than the under counter ones we had , particularly the fridge ... It is a Samsung RL60GGEIH ... I didn't realise that Samsung made kitchen appliances ... Our old LCD TV was a Samsung (now with No.1 Daughter) as we went for a 46" 3D Sony.

The unit is coming some time on Friday , so I suppose we will have to wait till Saturday before the big switch-on ... Since it has a lot of electronic things , I took out the five year guarantee ... I've never done this before , but this time I thought I'd do it just in case ... It is the mosr expensive electrical appliance that I've ever bought ... Actually she paid for it ; I only bought the extended guarantee ... I thought that was the fair thing to do ... Damn , I'm good to that woman.

Well, I have to give it to March. He may be old and ugly (this last bit is an assumption so if you're beautiful, I sincerely apologize March) but that chutney is some good $hit.

I got mine today!

Thanks Nogg and Nick

As for the fridge. I have a bottom freezer Amana which is around 18 cubic feet total but it's always full.
    I was gonna get something like this last year but didn't do it as I was getting low on money
    http://www.lg.com/us/appliances/refr...LMX28987ST.jsp
    This is what you need March

There are some models where the ice maker is so thin that you still have shelves on the inside of the door where the ice maker is.
    Trez cool!

Here you go. Click on GALLERY and look at the pic of the fridge with both doors open
    http://www.samsung.com/us/appliances...RS/XAA-gallery
    Last edited by guiri; 01-31-2012 at 04:54 PM.

had a chance to go to vegas when i spent couple months in california in my youth in language course, 1995 i think it was.. but chose against it as i heard that if i would of gotten to play the games i wouldnt of been allowed to keep my winnings (they said one needs to be 21 to have the right to play and keep the money) so i decided not to go to the trip. and back then i wasnt even a gambler i became few years later. (gladly thats over too) i just saw no point going just to ooh and aah the glitter of las vegas and not having a chance to be a millionare. so i skipped the trip and took couple of the brasilian girls with me and went to small custom car show instead.. eye candy on both arms. felt like a king walking around there. explained the girls about why old cars are cool. other one didnt get it but the other was all over them (heard later that back home she bought an buick from late 50s) and plus saw cool cars and talked briefly to couple famous calikustom builders (john d´agostino atleast).

------------
    update: the girl called "x" is moving to another town soon. she got better job offer there couple days ago.

sad to see her go but its what she wants to do. (town she lived before, and she likes it better) and i know the friendship will become just casual email/facebook/text version from now on then.. we are not going to see each other anymore as casually as it was possible now.. unless either one puts real effort to meet. so basically as she moves, we maybe see each other realistically maybe once a year anymore. (same with other friends of mine whom have moved to other towns.. see them only rarely.)

------
    Two Brazilian chicks?! How many zeros is that? I've only ever hung out with maybe a gazillion girls, a brazilian must be way more!!

PS: Pics or it didn't happen.

Sorry about your girl. :sad: Odd as it may seems, I actually agree with that knucklehead below. It might be easier if you don't see her...

Or she'll decide after being away for awhile that she really misses you and she might want to come visit more. Who knows? Either way, it's probably easier than it is now.

Nonsence, maybe the x chick leaving is a good thing. That way you won't have to pine for her n' all...I'm just sayin'

Me, if I can't have something, I'd rather not be around it. Makes life easier

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Sorry to rain on anybody's parade but I went over to the dark side this evening and had a 12" Subway sandwich (Spicy Italian) for dinner.
    Pretty convenient and still a great deal even though they increased the price from $5 to $5.75, those bums.
    Everything at Subway tastes the same. I just call it Subway Flavor. The colors and textures change but it all is the same. If you don't believe me, send your buddy to stand in the store for two minutes and then smell his jacket when he comes out. He will be completely saturated in the odor of the canned Subway Flavor. Every single store is like that. Jimmy John's blows the doors off 'Way.

This sandwich was probably already mentioned by another poster, but today I'm going to try a peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwich. Throw it on a pan and let it all melt. Not sure if I should toast the bread first.

That Vegas burger looks tasty! Speaking of burgers, I tried Five Guys recently and In-n-Out doesn't have anything on 'em! Huge burgers and you can put as many extras as you want. Love the cajun fries.
    Five Guys....

Great burgers, sick amount of fries! My first experience there, me and two buddies, all of us in our early twenties, could not finish one large order of fries; they put the burgers in the bag and then practically filled it to the top with french fries! Had to be at least two pounds of fries in the bag.

Thank you again Noggin! That was way cool of you to bring us the goodies, man. You are a premium guy.

March, what am I all supposed to put this chutney on? I need some suggestions, or you're out of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Odd as it may seems, I actually agree with that knucklehead below.

Someone call me?

Thank you again Noggin! That was way cool of you to bring us the goodies, man. You are a premium guy.

Dat be da truth man!

March, what am I all supposed to put this chutney on? I need some suggestions, or you're out of this thread.

Considering I was so rudely abused, I've got a great suggestion what to put that chutney on.....Wait! It's a family forum....damn!

Flashaholic*

Evilgrin07 Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

My Wife reckons that I put it on everything except ice-cream and chocolate biscuits ... She is definitely right about the ice cream ... Can't say about anything else as Lidls Mango Chutney does seem to go with most things ...
    It's just a matter of taste .

Chutney goes well with a mature (sharp) cheddar cheese.

You can also have it as a side to go with a curry or on a poppadom - see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papadum

I tried the chutney on a little cheese sandwich today. Not too bad. It's much better than the chutney I bought before. Although I think it is not quite as good as the one my friend got at the Indian grocery store. That one was really good! That I spread on the naan bread quite happily, and munched away. I will have to procure some more naan bread and perhaps some aged cheddar from Bieri's Cheese to use this chutney with.

Or put it on lasagna like march....

Sharp cheese sounds like a mofo. Cheese and sweet stuff is good anyway. Damn, I may have to go and rustle up a piece of cheese from the store.

By the way, I took in a very cool dog that was wandering around the store the day before yesterday and had been there for several hours.
    Let's see if I can find the owner. Took her to the vet but no micro chip. There's a surprise in this area., No one cares.
    They also think she's pregnant. Now, I would spay her and abort the pups with it as it is still very early but it's $175 bucks which I don't
    have but if I don't and the owners are found and THEY don't do it 'cause here, again, they don't give a damn. They'll have a litter of pups
    which will usually be given away to just anyone and they'll wind up either tied up in the back yard or being used as fighting bait.

It's a cruel world, and unfortunately you can't save every suffering thing. If you think it's bad how people treat animals, you should see how they treat each other. Animals are more humane sometimes.

Cheese.

Animals are way more humane than people and like someone said, the more I get to know people, the more I like my dogs.

It still sucks because you can abuse animals and get away with it but if you do it with people, you go to jail for a long time.
    It's just not right that we have the RIGHT to do so.

Anyway, I just got myself some sharp cheddar but although it was good stuff, the chutney overpowered it so it wasn't as
    cool as I thought.

Not like deep fried camembert with cloudberry jam. Has anyone tried this?
    Very popular in Sweden and I think cloudberries only grow in northern scandinavia or something.

As for this being a food related post, not only did I mention the food, but most animals are also edible. Nuff said!

Flashaholic*

Not like deep fried camembert with cloudberry jam. Has anyone tried this?
    Very popular in Sweden and I think cloudberries only grow in northern scandinavia or something.
    I had Reindeer with Snowberries in Stockholm ... At least I think they were called Snowberries ... It was like a red jam , but it's a long time ago since I was there and my memory isn't that good now ... Actually it wasn't that good then either , but I remember that alcoholic beverages were expensive in Sweden ... Good job I took a litre of Remy and a litre of single malt with me ... I was only there for a week , so luckily I didn't have to buy much extra..

Flashaholic*

I tried the chutney on a little cheese sandwich today. Not too bad. It's much better than the chutney I bought before. Although I think it is not quite as good as the one my friend got at the Indian grocery store. That one was really good! That I spread on the naan bread quite happily, and munched away. I will have to procure some more naan bread and perhaps some aged cheddar from Bieri's Cheese to use this chutney with.

Or put it on lasagna like march....
    My sandwiches are more like "Lidls Mango Chutney Sandwiches" with some thick slices of vintage Cheddar to make the sandwich thicker ... Sort of "more body" to the bite ... I always use a good bread with lots of bits in it ... Gotta go now , it's nearly elevensies ... Time for a couple of Kit-Kat Chunky bars with my black coffee ... I don't take milk or sugar in my coffee 'cos it's fattening.

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    I had Reindeer with Snowberries in Stockholm ... At least I think they were called Snowberries ... It was like a red jam , but it's a long time ago since I was there and my memory isn't that good now ... Actually it wasn't that good then either , but I remember that alcoholic beverages were expensive in Sweden ... Good job I took a litre of Remy and a litre of single malt with me ... I was only there for a week , so luckily I didn't have to buy much extra..
    Reindeer...cheese...hmm, not quite the same

It was probably lingonberries if they were red.

Liquor is high as hell in sweden

Good thinking on avoiding the fattening stuff in coffee

Got some 4 yr. cheddar today. Now to assemble some sort of chutney/cheddar sandwich....

Some sort of? Sounds kinda scary when you put it like that, hehehe

I don't really know the proper way for this one other than bread, cheese, chutney. So it'll be some sort of sandwich, though maybe not the sort I'm supposed to make.

Tomorrow is soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. Love grilled cheese sandwiches!!!!

What you puttin' on the grilled cheese?

Hey, I posted on another forum about the cameras because they have REGIONAL forums over there which makes things easier.
    Gotten help there before.

So, where is our Finnish friend? Why the hell is he not awake at this time and participating?

Slacker! Nonsence, WAKE UP!!!!

Come to think of it, March is retired ain't he? His a$$ needs to be in here too. It's not like he needs the sleep. He has chutney!

Flashaholic*

Come to think of it, March is retired ain't he? His a$$ needs to be in here too. It's not like he needs the sleep. He has chutney!
    On the 28th of February at 1600hrs , I will have been retired for 18 years ... My first day of freedom was my Birthday (March 1st.) ... Just realised that I will be 74 on March 1st 2012 ...

At a party last night , I was told to act my age ... Who the heck wants to act 74 ? ... Must keep a few Helium-filled balloons available to make my voice sound younger ... It worked last night and caused much hilarity ... Even the other (sobre) restaurant users were laughing , as were our party of eleven ... I only had the mixed grill (small 23 ounce) plu afters and a bottle of red wine.

Ok, well at least you have an excuse for getting up late.

I like the sound of the 23 ounce grill

As a couple of the guys here know, I'm on the lookout for a new camera and I just came to think of a guy that posts in another forum I'm member of.
    This guy likes to eat as much as we do and many of his posts are about food. Seems he's out eating all the time.
    Anyway, just for the hell of it, I thought I'd post a link to one of his threads with a bunch of food pics.
    I wanna hang out with this guy

We should invite him to go with us when we decide to violate DM's kitchen

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=40386132

Flashaholic*

Ok, well at least you have an excuse for getting up late.

I like the sound of the 23 ounce grill
    I was actually up very early ... Woken by a telephone call at 0745hrs to say the new Fridge-freezer would be there in an hour ... They were on time and it is now in situ and working ... I asked the guys if the fridge-freezer should be left for a few hours before switching on and they said no need as it has been upright all the time ... So just checking that the fridge runs at +3C and that the freezer runs at -18C ... Seems OK.

Gotta get loads more stuff to put in as it is bigger than the old ones ... No hardship for me as the re-stocking is her job ... I just do the driving , loading and unloading.

It will be good to get back to normal mornings with a minimum of 0830hrs waking (preferably 0900) to let the dog out the back.

p.s. The 23 ounce wasn't really very big ... It was the biggest that they did and unfortunately the chicken was on the bone which probably accounts for me having to have a large knickerbocker glory for afters ... I did help some others out with their leftovers ... Some of the guys in our party are what I call "picky eaters" ... They must be on diets or something ... You can't leave piles of chips in the serving dishes ... It's rude.

Reminds me of the time I went out to a Chinese restaurant with my very first Wife and her Mother and Sister ... I had a curry with fried rice and had finished it before the others were even half-way through theirs ... I ordered another curry and the waiter said "shall I set another place for your guest ?" ... "It's for me" I said "I'm hungry" ... He came back with a bigger curry so I ate it ... The other three didn't finish their meals , so I helped out there too ... As I put my knife and fork down , there was lots of cheering and clapping ... All the waiters and cooks were standing in a line and applauding me ... The manager shook my hand and I had the second curry for free ... Every time I went back to that restaurant , I was given a bigger meal ...

That Mother-in-Law never let me forget that meal ... Strange woman.

You're a real trooper March.

Mind you, that never happens to me although I probably sacrifice myself just like you do

Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast