Cheap EDC that is... Red?

Melson

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

looking to get a gift as my brother. It's kind of a gag but I don't want to buy him some crappy EDC. Basically just looking for a simple folder that is red. Tops is 25 bucks WITH shipping.

I was thinking something along the lines of the Ka-Bar mini dozier, I just need it be red lol. I actually could spray paint it because it's a gag gift but that'd be last resort.

Any ideas guys?

Dirty Bob

Newly Enlightened
What about a Svord Peasant knife? IIRC, red is one of the colors that the plastic-handled model is offered in.

BTW, it's inexpensive, but it's a very nice knife. Good carbon steel that's ground thin near the edge: it really slices.

All my best,
Dirty Bob

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kershaw made some Skylines in Red.
great knife for the price, but the red version is hard to find.
good luck.

kershaw has other models in red too.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
cheap red edc knife.. errmm.. swiss army anyone? :)

and i thought skyline was more like 40$ knife?

kershaw does make Scallion in red too. (about 35$) and there is the cool looking Leek with red and black handle for same amount. (leek: personal take, the tip of the blade is too slim and fragile for my tastes.. but the assisted opening action is COOL!)

chinese sanrenmu makes also few knives with red handles.. rb783 atleast. (but they might take a month to arrive from china if you cant find an american dealer)

gerber had a cheap folder too in red.. cant recall what it was.

also maybe get him a fixed blade knife with red handle.. Mora. :)

crescentstar69

Newly Enlightened
I was just at Wal Mart and saw Winchester aluminum handled folders for $5 bucks in the sporting goods section, in RED. Looked great for such a low price.

Melson

Newly Enlightened
NonSenCe thanks for the input. I bought a Sanrenmu in Red because it was cheap, but it looks like it won't be getting here in time or it will be REALLY close to Christmas. Thanks everyone for the input though!