LA Police Gear

Thread: Silva Siju

Default Silva Siju

Hi All,
    does anyone have any experience with the Silva Siju? I can find absolutely no reviews or info regarding this little light on the net. Looks like competition for the petzl e+lite.

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Silva_SIJ...tedItem=613125

I saw them locally for $24, and seemed like a good option, as the e+lite costs $60 over here...

Default Re: Silva Siju

No experience with either, but ebay uk has petzls for as low as £17.50 (buy it now, postage included) at the moment.

Thanks Borrower. I just ordered an e+lite. Even with shipping to Aus it was still half the price of buying it here. Might pick up a Siju to try as well.

I just bought another one (the first was for my wife, it lives in her glovebox incase she has a flat tyre or other automotive issue)

I quite like them, although i cant comment on runtime, they start out pretty bright and weigh next to nothing

I will probably still pick up a few E-lites too (one for each first aid kit, one for my car)
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

Flashaholic

Excellent little light, my choice for ultralight backpacking and wild camping in summer. Weighs next to nothing, compact, "forget about" until needed. Less complicated than the E-Lite, faff free.

I am currently doing a you-tube review, will post as soon as complete.

Steve
    I like decent lights for decent nights.