How do you carry your Spy

CMAG

Enlightened
My two options at this time are, that small change pocket on the right front of my jeans or left front pocket.

Small pocket good fit and handy but my folder is getting pissed off, left front pocket also handy but a bit bulky and have other uses for that pocket.

I searched holster options, Art of the hide site is gone, so down to ripoff co-192 or a cell phone rig such as Topeak

So how do you carry your Spy

easilyled

Flashaholic
The Wenger pouch that tino_ale showed pictures of in the thread above is still available here. I have 2 of them and they fit very snugly as well as offering great protection for pocket carry.

If I recall correctly, it was the large size that I ordered.

CMAG

Enlightened
Easily, thanks for the links some nice looking holsters

Data, let me know when and were to look thanks

Anyway for now I ordered the Ripoff co-192

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just carry mine in my front jeans pocket. No holster etc.
When I travel, a friend made me a simple leather sleeve to put it in while it is in my case, rather than my pocket or when I pack my spare SPY.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too keep mine in my front pocket. However there are times I use one of the zipper pouches on my belt. My iphone is in my left front pocket. I never put anything else in my front pockets, if I have change and keys I put them in my back pocket. Sounds stupid but it works for me.

I put a split ring in with all the XM-L lights. It is thick and will not wiggle around when in the lanyard hole. You can use it to put a para-cord lanyard on you SPY. If you are going to use the watch pocket in your jeans you may want to tie the light to your belt.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Matt's Holsters to carry my Agents,

SPY 007 XP-G with Black Elephant Holster :)

p1050717z.jpg

CMAG

Enlightened
I too keep mine in my front pocket. However there are times I use one of the zipper pouches on my belt. My iphone is in my left front pocket. I never put anything else in my front pockets, if I have change and keys I put them in my back pocket. Sounds stupid but it works for me.

I put a split ring in with all the XM-L lights. It is thick and will not wiggle around when in the lanyard hole. You can use it to put a para-cord lanyard on you SPY. If you are going to use the watch pocket in your jeans you may want to tie the light to your belt.

I am getting more use to front pocket left for me and like the discreet type carry I have folder and old school cell clipped to right front pocket keys S binder change in back pocket hmmmm kinda set in my ways (old dog new trick) but worth a try.

Last edited:

CMAG

Enlightened
Some nice looking holsters there
How is that quick draw rig (no flap)? The 007 stay secure ?

Any of Matt's holsters have spare battery storage?

Last edited:

blackfly

Enlightened
For about a year now I've gotten used to carrying my Spy in my left front pocket. It is very convenient for me to slip the light in & out of my pocket as needed. I don't use a lanyard any more because I've found that it gets in the way. I'm right handed. So, I use my left hand to operate the light while my strong hand is free to operate keys, a dog leash, or open doors. Most holster options have been too bulky. I'm open to a holster option though if it offers the same convenience of pocket carry.

bf1

Enlightened
On my shelf strategically placed in the event of rapid deployment .

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPY's are meant to be carried, used and enjoyed.
I am loving the winter early sunset, late sunrise, as I am getting to use them for about 30 minutes at night & 30 minutes in the morning on the dog walks.
So, I guess I can say I carry mine in my right hand