Polarion PH50 case

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a soft padded case similar to a zoom lens case so I drop the torch into the cylinder shaped padded bag and carry it around.

I have looked around and found it difficult to locate a case that was 12 inches deep and about 7 inches in diameter. There are plenty of smaller camera lens cases.

I realise the light comes with a fantastic hard case but it is not practical to carry the torch around in this massive case.

Other options I was looking at cases that used to carry portable oxygen cylinders.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The soft case that comes with the Abyss looks pretty functional. You can ask Ken about it, I'm sure it's not too expensive.

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The soft case that comes with the Abyss looks pretty functional. You can ask Ken about it, I'm sure it's not too expensive.

Do you happen to have a picture of it? I live in Europe - not sure if Ken would want to deal with me?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC he ships worldwide. There might be a pic of the case floating around here on CPF. Do a CPF google search and you might find it. When in doubt Ken can tell you if the PH50 will fit. If you ask he might be able to send you a pic of said case.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
The LowePro Lens Case 5 is what I use for my PH40. It's a little over-size in diameter, (~5" interior dia.) but it's the right length and the padding is excellent. The larger diameter means you can pack the charger + a spare battery in there with it for travelling.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you DM51 for the link. I actually stumbled across this case last night and ordered it. I was going to put a link to it on the thread but you beat me to it.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I found 2 cases that are very close to the size of the Polarion. I am still waiting on the Lowe Pro Camera lens case .

The larger of the 2 cases is well padded and is slightly bigger than the torch.
The smaller case which is from a mountain climbing shop is snug and ideal to carry it around inside another bag.

Pictures below of the 2 cases.

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

You can see the Polarion inside the North Ridge case - snug fit.

DSC01553.jpg