Want to try a new browser on my computer

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all. I've been wanting to try a different browser setup for my laptop. Can u guys give me the simple scoop on how this works? I'm somewhat knowledgeable with computers. Is it easy to accomplish? I want to try it because I have IE and i've heard there are much better browsers availible. I'm using Win 7, does that matter? Whatever tips you guys could give would be helpful.
Thanks ahead of time. :thumbsup:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
A browser is like any other program on your computer, you just install a copy and run it; the browser I've been favoring lately is Google Chrome, you can click here to download and install a free copy in a few seconds. One thing you'll probably notice right away is that it's much less cluttered and a lot faster than Internet Explorer. Plus you can type addresses or search terms in the address bar, whatever's faster/easier for you.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
A browser is a program that runs on your PC like any other program. IE is built-in to the Windows operating system, so you can't remove it, but you can certainly use others. Think of it like having two or more cars in your garage. Pick the browser you want to browse the web. I use Firefox all the time, but others like Chrome better. Opera is another, but not nearly as popular. If you want to download and try Firefox, just go to http://www.getfirefox.com

Have fun!

Last edited:

PapaLumen

Enlightened
I moved from IE to Firefox to Chrome. Chrome is my fav as it is the fastest.

MattE

Newly Enlightened
I have been using Chrome since day 1,
very happy with it.

All you have to do is go to google and download the bowser.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Back in the day I ran Litestep. It set your computer up to kinda run like a Mac, basically it was a shell running over windows, 100% customizable. The coolest feature was you had three other virtual screen.

Edit: wrong thing, sorry miss read your post.

Last edited:

Southpaw3612

Newly Enlightened
I prefer firefox myself. Has the option for special little add-ons although I have never used any. With all the praise behind chrome, I may give it a shot. Cheers!

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using opera for years and like it, I can sync all my bookmark history password (you chose which ones) etc across my desktop laptop and phone.

Sent from a Galaxy S2 far far away