Alkaline Battery Charger

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a charger that will recharge your alkaline batteries.

ChargeIt-Battery-Charger-for-AA-AAA-CD-9voltBatteries

Sales Link removed - Norm

[h=1]ChargeIt! Battery Station Pro - Battery Charger[/h]

Last edited:

Wrend

Enlightened
Don't recharge alkaline batteries unless you like leaky messes inside your electronic devices.

If for whatever unfortunate reason you do decide you want to recharge them regardless, try to make sure they are not too deeply depleted before you recharge them (say at least 1.3V per cell).

But yeah, if you want rechargeable batteries, then get batteries that are made to be able to recharge instead of forcing batteries that aren't.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't recharge alkaline batteries unless you like leaky messes inside your electronic devices.

If for whatever unfortunate reason you do decide you want to recharge them regardless, try to make sure they are not too deeply depleted before you recharge them (say at least 1.3V per cell).

But yeah, if you want rechargeable batteries, then get batteries that are made to be able to recharge instead of forcing batteries that aren't.

I have several different rechargable battery chemistries and chargers, but for someone like my mom who uses lots of alkaline batteries in remotes, CD player, kids toys, ect. I think this could save them some money. I don't think I would try a recharged alkaline battery in one of my lights or any thing else of great value.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several different rechargable battery chemistries and chargers, but for someone like my mom who uses lots of alkaline batteries in remotes, CD player, kids toys, ect. I think this could save them some money. I don't think I would try a recharged alkaline battery in one of my lights or any thing else of great value.

Recharging alkaline batteries doesn't work well. Firstly for it to work at all, you must recharge before they are more than 20-30% depleted. You can't successfully recharge them after they are flat. Secondly, even if you recharge them after 30% depletion, you only get a few (5-10) recharge cycles before the batteries are toast and won't recharge any more. Thirdly, the risk of leaking after recharging is dramatically increased. Whatever you save in buying new batteries you will lose many times over in ruined remote controls, CD players, kid's toys, etc.

There is really only one answer. Don't try to recharge alkaline batteries. Just buy an eneloop battery kit and use that.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your right Mr Happy, after thinking about it for a while I think recharging alkalines would make them even more prone to leak.

Quest4fire

Enlightened
My wife bought me a similar alkaline charger that also charges NiMH and NiCad's as a gift not long ago. Bless her heart, she is a sweet gal and likes to buy me flashlights and related gifts from her beloved shopping channels. I smile and thank her but it usually works out as well as me trying to buy jewelry for her. We have been together long enough now we realize communication (Just tell me what you want!) works best. For Christmas she is getting me a Maha C9000 charger, 20 costco eneloops and a drill press. Wives (And husbands!) can be much more savvy shoppers when they know where to go and what to get! Surprises are for children and newlyweds!

Back on topic: Only use recharged alkaline cells on loud, annoying kid toys that need to mysteriously quit working. Ho Ho Ho!