Tri-V Holster - Photos added!

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Kydex lingere? with elephant trim..............

2c26d9c3621ca97c1c7132f0765a1c17.jpg

8c393354e993313929523c64a17752fa.jpg

7365197d56ca9e9f274af38d39a5f0e7.jpg

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Re: Tri-V Holester

This is where I'm headed with the holesters. Plenty of security with light emitting abilities and protection for edges of lenses while carrying. Belt loops on rear unless someone talks me into using tek-loks on them.
I figure these will be in the $150 range.
I'm trying to finish up a couple holesters for a nice lady this weekend and I'm waiting on a caimon to arrive then I'll build 10 of these if ya'll want one.
Matt

Last edited:

m-thew

Newly Enlightened

"I'm interested in one Tri-V Holster is it leather? Kydex?"

Hmmm, yes. ;-).
I'll have a model to show y'all this weekend.
I have 2 orders to wrap up and then I'll get started on spy and tri orders.

Good to be back!

Last edited:

helios123

Enlightened

I'm in for one spy007 and one tri-v holster :)

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

I'm interested in a horizontal holster for the SPY007 and also a TRI-V (if possible without the metal beltclip, prefer beltloop)

m-thew

Newly Enlightened

I also prefer leather, believe me! The challenges in building a case for the Tri-v however, required more than I could provide with leather. My 3 criteria in this design were:
Security of the light.
Protection for the light with it's multiple edges, corners and lenses.
Ability to use all 3 emitters while Holestered.

I needed the case to bend and curve and stay where I put it, so this old leatherworker was forced to use Kydex and you know what? After handling the Kydex Holester with the full leather back and strap, I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

helios123

Enlightened

I also prefer leather, believe me! The challenges in building a case for the Tri-v however, required more than I could provide with leather. My 3 criteria in this design were:
Security of the light.
Protection for the light with it's multiple edges, corners and lenses.
Ability to use all 3 emitters while Holestered.

I needed the case to bend, and curve and stay where I put it so this old leatherworker was forced to use Kydex and you know what? After handling the Kydex Holester with the full leather back and strap, I couldn't be happier.

That holster looks nice! Any ETA? ;)

Will that holster fit gunner grip spys as well?

m-thew

Newly Enlightened

ETA is first of year.
It will fit the Tri-V's with the gunners grip but the Spy 007's will have a different build overall. (No trough for the reflector lens and no wrap around build for flood.)
But, the Spy 07 will fit in the tri-v snugly, there is just extra space where the 2 Tri-V emitters are.

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tri-v kydex holder and a holster for the spy 007 please in leather.

Thanks

m-thew

Newly Enlightened

Ok, leather it shall be. :thumbsup: And some mighty fine leathers at that. You all are right, kydex is neat and relatively cheap, but not the right choice for the 007 or Tri-V. I believe Tim said what ya'll were thinking.
I talked with Data and with his guidance decided that the kydex will be prone to marking/scratching the lights and leather as the only way to go.
stay tuned........

Thanks,
Matt

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast

that is good news.. Matt I sent you a pm regarding the holsters... I have been accused of been a AOTH fanatic.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, leather it shall be. :thumbsup: And some mighty fine leathers at that. You all are right, kydex is neat and relatively cheap, but not the right choice for the 007 or Tri-V. I believe Tim said what ya'll were thinking.
I talked with Data and with his guidance decided that the kydex will be prone to marking/scratching the lights and leather as the only way to go.
stay tuned........

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

Your work is second to none! I'm looking forward what you have in store for the Tri-V Holster :) and can't wait for my new Holsters to arrive :wave:

Thanks
Todd

OtisCampbell

Enlightened

I'd definitely be in for a non-endangered species leather Spy007 belt holster (leather loop rather than metal clip prefered)... :thumbsup:

Last edited: