A "copy" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
What the Hell, Let's get em......................................
All I need to do is get dressed

Hotlinked Oversized Image removed. See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it is on the drawing board, as it appears it's not yet available.
Nothing like owning the original though.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Tis true, good to see that CPF's custom creators can see imitations in this kinda light. Keep producing fun and boundary-pushing bodies/UI/leds cause you know lil hobbyists/collectors like myself will clamor for the real goods. :)

-Mayo

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just unreal. I cannot believe they have the gall to say their light is "unique". :mad:

Just like everyone says "Worlds Brightest" or "Brightest in World" as soon as I read that on any product I shake my head.

I'm shocked that how many people here are suprised it was copied. I knew it was only a matter of time.

Mac

stoli67

Enlightened
Oh well.... the people that don't know any better will by it and the rest of us that do will buy SPYs and be happy!

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just like everyone says "Worlds Brightest" or "Brightest in World" as soon as I read that on any product I shake my head.

I'm shocked that how many people here are suprised it was copied. I knew it was only a matter of time.

Mac

I'm not surprised someone would want to copy it but it is not the most straightforward of designs and would require quite a bit of work to make even if it is a ripoff. Of course it's a bit easier when someone else has already done all the engineering work for you.:ironic: I assumed the eastern copiers would just prefer to copy something they could easily do on a lathe just like the millions of other lights they are used to making. :shrug:

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't own any SPYs but I think they are fabulous lights, and this kind of crap really irritates me. :mad:

helios123

Enlightened
That is truly sad to see. I'm a huge fan of Dave's work and seeing this just feels terrible. The worst part is where they say that this is a work of art by niteye engineers where it's just a straight copy of Dave's work.

Glenn

nbp

Flashaholic
I sent them a little message in their "Enquiry" box on the contact page. I just told them I was interested to hear how they thought they could call it a 'unique' design as it was clearly a copy of a light made by Cool Fall flashlights, a design that has been in use since 2005. I am eager to hear their response, if they send one. :ironic:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nearly all of the CPF custom builders have seen copies of their lights made by foreigners. Several of those same CPF custom builders have already posted in this thread. It did not stop them and it will not stop me either. Thanks for your support everybody. :)

Cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.