• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Heads and bodies compatibility

jorgen

Enlightened
I know the Logan head will fit on the McKinley body, but I'd like to find out if the Logan head is compatible with any other currently available lights like the Ranier or Pamir. I looked but could not find a thread on this.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the Eiger head will fit on the Vesuvius body. I was going to pull the trigger on the Rainier but backed out in favor of the Logan. Would still like to pick up an Everest.

jorgen

Enlightened
The diameter of the Eiger head is too small for the Vesuvius but the Shasta heads do fit. I run a Shasta X on a Vesuvius body.
I also chose the Logan over the Ranier mostly because I think the Ranier is a good candidate for the next XML led upgrade.
My reasoning regarding the Pamir and Ranier is that they, like the Logan all use a 3/4 inch head.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Logan and Pamir are theoretically compatible.

Pyrenese, Night Patrol and Ural are compatible with each other AFAIK.

eala

archimedes

Flashaholic
I know the Logan head will fit on the McKinley body, but I'd like to find out if the Logan head is compatible with any other currently available lights like the Ranier or Pamir. I looked but could not find a thread on this.

Yes, I think that the Logan will fit McKinley/Rainier/Pamir interchangeably, and can personally confirm Logan/Rainier will work. Possibly also Atlantic, but I don't have one to check.

Last edited:

jorgen

Enlightened
Yes, I think that the Logan will fit McKinley/Rainier/Pamir interchangeably, and can personally confirm Logan/Rainier will work. Possibly also Atlantic, but I don't have one to check.

Thanks for the info, are the body lengths of the Logan and Ranier the same?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info, are the body lengths of the Logan and Ranier the same?

No, the shortest would be the Logan (CR123), then the Rainier, and the longest would be the Logan (17500) - if all tubes are the keychain versions. The widest, of course, would be the bezel on the Rainier - but it has a large SMO reflector and should have much more throw than the Logan....

archimedes

Flashaholic
That is body lengths without heads, right?

No, it was for the total length of the assembled light. For just the tubes, obviously the 17500 would be the longest, and both CR123A tubes would be shorter (and of very similar length, if not exactly the same, since I think Peak machines them in batches and uses them interchangeably for these thread-compatible models).

jorgen

Enlightened
Okay, thanks again, that's what I wanted to know before making my final decision. I'd like to put the Ranier head on a Logan 17500 body for longer run time

Last edited:

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a couple notes about sizing & compatibility.

The Everest, K2, Pyrenees and Ural all have bodies that can accept 18mm diameter batteries, although none of these have threading compatible with the Night Patrol series (this is to prevent use of multiple battery Night Patrol bodies and therefore more voltage than the pocket series can handle). There are 16340/18350 & the longer 18500 bodies for each of these lights, but none of these have threading compatible with the Logan class lights listed below.

Subject to the possibility that portions of my brain function have been degraded by age or environmental factors, I believe the Logan, Pamir and Rainier (as well as the older Atlantic, Caribbean, Glacier Bay, McKinley & Mediterranean) heads, all fit the same single CR123 or 2XAA bodies. Length of these bodies varies, of course, with the shorter pocket and longer keychain/momentary styles. Newer production is also slightly longer to accommodate the QTC. The new 17500 Logan body will accept any of these heads, and with the battery conversion kit it is without any doubt an incomparably versatile battery compartment.

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm interested in an alternative head for my Logan bodies, can someone comment on the circuits in each?

I know the Logan has the same circuit as an Eiger/El Cap so they can run on AAs etc. The Ranier is direct drive so really is best with Li-on batteries. How about a Pamir? Any other alternatives? Is the Logan still best for multi voltage sources like the 17500 body?

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can confirm that the Pyrenees lights up on 1xAA NiMH cell. Not sure how long it will run for, but it has decent brightness.

(had to hand-jumper it)

eala

jorgen

Enlightened
The Volcan AAA and Titanium Mach 3 AA have interchangeable heads and bodies.
I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that they are interchangeable.
If this is also true of the AA Volcan and I could buy just a body, I'd get one.

jorgen

Enlightened
The Pacific set I recently purchased, in the marketplace, is also compatible with the Volcan/Mach3.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to compile a list of the various lights that are compatible with each other. Of course, I'm new to Peaks so I don't know much about them nor the different models, just what I'm seeing here and what little I've learned along the way. That means that I'll need guidance with this compilation in order to make it complete and, hopefully, comprehensive.

From smallest to largest:
AAA batteries - Matterhorn, Eiger, Fujiyama
N cell, AAA batteries - Shasta, Baltic Sea, Vesuvius

Okay, I need help from here...