Tri XP-G / XP-E P60 Drop-In

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to bring a lower cost P60 Compatible drop-in to the market for a while now. This Drop-in fits the the Surefire 6p Style lights, I have not tested this in the other Surefire Style knock-offs. The XP-G 6500k version puts out 600+ Lumens out the front on a single 17670 / 18650 cell. You can run 2 CR123's in a pinch but high is not recomended as it draws 2.8a Max on high. Drop-in uses the same driver thats in all my lights with a proven track record with mode memory. Drop-In is chemcoated 6061 aluminum. Price will be $99

P1060485-vi.jpg

P1060499-vi.jpg

P1060505-vi.jpg

P1060507-vi.jpg

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lookin good and a great price for a triple dropin. It doesn't look like the lux-rc board that you used for your tri-edc. So i'm assuming it's fully regulated on a single cell rechargeable li-ion? What's the voltage range?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lookin good and a great price for a triple dropin. It doesn't look like the lux-rc board that you used for your tri-edc. So i'm assuming it's fully regulated on a single cell rechargeable li-ion? What's the voltage range?

It's the same driver that is in my EDC line of flashlight and was in the M*G Drop-ins I sold. It has a 2.5v Li-Ion shut-off and is 6v Max.

I like, are you going to offer other tints?

It will be offered in Cool and Neutral in both XP-G and XP-E.

Mac

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac,
This might just be EXACTLY the drop-in for my LEEF/SF 18500. Color me very interested in a neutral tint. How would you describe the difference between the G and the E? Generally more throwy with the E?
Wilkey

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac,
This might just be EXACTLY the drop-in for my LEEF/SF 18500. Color me very interested in a neutral tint. How would you describe the difference between the G and the E? Generally more throwy with the E?
Wilkey

The XP-G has overall more lumens but the XP-E has almost double the throw.

Mac

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, the XP-G is the one for me then. The vast majority of my use is within 10' and clean beam profile is my priority.

Wilkey

mikesantor

Enlightened
Any possibility in making it an option to upgrade to Copper instead of AL? Also, is there any possibility you will make single LED drop ins in the near future? Thanks Mac.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any possibility in making it an option to upgrade to Copper instead of AL? Also, is there any possibility you will make single LED drop ins in the near future? Thanks Mac.
I can make them out of any material. Copper is a waste :) It's way too heavy and you won't see any performance difference unless you use measuring equipment. But I'm sure people will want them :) I have no plans for a reflectored drop-in at this time.

Thanks Mac

JanCPF

Enlightened
Mac, do you have any runtime graphs with one 18650? Has it got fully regulated flatline output on one 18650? Thanks

Jan

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, do you have any runtime graphs with one 18650? Has it got fully regulated flatline output on one 18650? Thanks

Jan

Sorry no runtime graphs. The output will get slightly dimmer over the runtime as most of the lights out there. As far as I know there are no buck / boost 2.8amp drivers out there designed for 1 Li-ion 2x CR123 cell operation.

Mac

Last edited:

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Hi Mac would you mind measuring the diameter of the drop in with a caliper? I just want to make sure it would fit inside my host (L2P ~22.42mm). Also, what is the beam angle of the optics?