Banggood Network
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

Default Re: The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Sounds great! I don't have the Thrunite but I was glad I made the right choice. I don't mind to sacrifice a bit of throw for more spill even though this Eagletac purchase was meant to fill the medium throw category.
    Medium thrower is exactly what I would call the G25C2. You'll not be disappointed! I have to say that although I prefer the Eagletac now, even the TN11 is an excellent flashlight, so going for that would have not been a mistake either.

Sounds great! I don't have the Thrunite but I was glad I made the right choice. I don't mind to sacrifice a bit of throw for more spill even though this Eagletac purchase was meant to fill the medium throw category.
    Medium thrower is exactly what I would call the G25C2. You'll not be disappointed! I have to say that although I prefer the Eagletac now, even the TN11 is an excellent flashlight, so going for that would have not been a mistake either.

Quote Originally Posted by superpila View Post
    different exposure. Even with this cheap camera, the better tint of the eagletac is evident:
    Looks the same but on previous pic EagleTac has blueish tint.
    I went out for a walk tonight and tried to shine both flashlights at different distant targets and I couldn't really notice much difference. On the other end, I think that the difference in spill was noticeable instead (the Eagletac having just a bit more).
    What do you mean more spill? Brighter or just wider? I still think G25C2 needs smooth reflector...

Just got my G25C2 in the mail today. So far so good, I'm going to try it out tonight. It's got the cool white tint I really like that about it. I can take some pic of it in a place that is full of trees, so I can get a throw distance if any body wants me to. My opinion to really tell the brightness is an outdoor shot.
    Last edited by Glock 22; 01-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Of course we want to! Especially comparison pics with your other flashlights like E2DL.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 22 View Post
    Just got my G25C2 in the mail today. So far so good, I'm going to try it out tonight. It's got the cool white tint I really like that about it. I can take some pic of it in a place that is full of trees, so I can get a throw distance if any body wants me to. My opinion to really tell the brightness is an outdoor shot.
    Yes!!! please take those outdoor pics and share them with us.
    Thanks,
    Néstor

Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    Yes!!! please take those outdoor pics and share them with us.
    Thanks,
    Néstor
    Me and kyhunter1 plan to post beamshots monday evening. Does that Sound o.k.

Me and kyhunter1 plan to post beamshots monday evening. Does that Sound o.k.
    Yes!
    BTW, could you comment on the UI. Does the head feel loose when you change the settings?
    Thanks.

Maybe I missed it, but are we all talking about the XM-L U2 (Cool White)? or the Neutral?

Just looking at these and thinking pulling the trigger, but not quite sure yet...

Cool white.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodogg2221 View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but are we all talking about the XM-L U2 (Cool White)? or the Neutral?

Just looking at these and thinking pulling the trigger, but not quite sure yet...
    The XM-L U2 (Cool White) is the one I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    Yes!
    BTW, could you comment on the UI. Does the head feel loose when you change the settings?
    Thanks.
    Yes it does feel kind of loose on mine when I change the settings, hope this helps.

Yes it does feel kind of loose on mine when I change the settings, hope this helps.
    By loose, are you saying the head has a bit of wobble to it?
    Click Here to view my lights

Quote Originally Posted by moshow9 View Post
    Only when you get to the hidden features like the strobe, it's not all that bad. More where the head threads on.

Quote Originally Posted by moshow9 View Post
    mine doesn't wobble at all. it just glides on the threads very securely. can't wait to lube them up!

Unenlightened

I don't detect any wobble on mine either, it seems very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
    I don't detect any wobble on mine either, it seems very smooth.
    Same here. No wobble, threads are quite smooth.

By the way, did anybody figure out how to remove the clip? It should be possible according to the instructions but I can't see how. I feel stupid!

Unenlightened

By the way, did anybody figure out how to remove the clip? It should be possible according to the instructions but I can't see how. I feel stupid!
    Remove the tail cap. Then unscrew the knurled section right above the clip. The clip slips out.
    Last edited by nelamvr6; 01-08-2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by phantom23 View Post
    Of course we want to! Especially comparison pics with your other flashlights like E2DL.
    I sure will I have a E2DL and others too, that we'll try to get you all some good comparision beamshots!
    My bad on the post that I put about the head wobbling I was twisting the head too loose, but no wobble the mistake was me sorry about that. What little I've used it I like it. But all in all beamshots will be on there way Monday.

so many people have this light already and not too much info/beamshots on them, spill the beans ladies and gentlemen, we are all ears
    Last edited by kenneth5; 01-08-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth5 View Post
    so many people have this light already and not too much info/beamshots on them, spill the beans ladies and gentlemen, we are all ears
    Let it rain beamshot spill them beamshots. It would make people happy.

Beamshots will come monday.

Thanks everyone. Have been looking at flashlights for the past few days too figure out which to get for my very first proper flashlight (The best one I owned before this is a generic Tesco 1W LED flashlight). I was just about to grab the Fenix TK35, I was always a little hesitant due to the plastic battery holder, green tint, and rattleing sounds, wasn't too sure on it's looks either. And then i found this thread Perhaps not quite as bright from the specs, but everything else seems better all for £10 cheaper.

I picked it up with 2x AW 18650 2200mah cells, Pila IBC charger, and the Eagletec 4cell extension tube, and the G25C2 ofcourse.

This thread definitely made my decision easier. Now heres hoping it's better than that tesco flashlight..
    Last edited by kmanmx; 01-08-2012 at 07:59 PM.

what batteries are you guys using in the G25C2 ?

Will the AW 18650 31000mAh with the Three triangulated raised dots work in this light ?

Quote Originally Posted by qt11 View Post

Will the AW 18650 31000mAh with the Three triangulated raised dots work in this light ?
    I have got an AW 2600mah in mine and it works.
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

Quote Originally Posted by qt11 View Post

You might want to consider the Eagletac (Panasonic) protected 18650, 3100mAh for $16 before CPF discount depending on which dealer you buy from vs. $20 for the AW protected 18650 3100mAh. I use both brands in my T20C2 MKII and they are both top quality, however the Eagletac are button tops, whereas the AWs are flat tops. When I order the G25C2, I'm going to get a couple of the ET 3100s. I believe I read that the Eagletac 3100 even fits the ZL SC600.
    "For whenever anyone bears the pain of unjust suffering because of consciousness of God, that is grace. But what credit is there if you are patient when beaten for doing wrong?" 1 Peter 2:19-20a

Quote Originally Posted by jcalvert View Post
    I believe I read that the Eagletac 3100 even fits the ZL SC600.
    Well, I have no problems fitting the AW2900 in both of my SC600 (older gen) and an SC600w (newer gen). But the Eagletac batteries does look promising. One day I might find some device or light that couldn't take flat top cells and the ET batteries could save the day. At least I have some AW2200 left to play with.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Well, I have no problems fitting the AW2900 in both of my SC600 (older gen) and an SC600w (newer gen). But the Eagletac batteries does look promising. One day I might find some device or light that couldn't take flat top cells and the ET batteries could save the day. At least I have some AW2200 left to play with.
    I don't have flat top batteries to try it with, but I'm pretty sure that they won't work with it. The way the head is designed does not allow flat top batteries to make contact.
    The silver contact sits lower than the white ring. Perhaps a drop of soldering lead could solve, at the cost of losing the reverse polarity protection

I have tried 2x18350, Protected Trustfire 2400mah and unprotected Panasonic 3100mah and they all work perfectly. I think that quality unprotected batteries such as the panasonic are ok in a single cell configuration. The flashlight does not overdischarge them anyway.
    Last edited by superpila; 01-09-2012 at 03:45 AM.

I don't have flat top batteries to try it with, but I'm pretty sure that they won't work with it. The way the head is designed does not allow flat top batteries to make contact.
    The silver contact sits lower than the white ring. Perhaps a drop of soldering lead could solve, at the cost of losing the reverse polarity protection

I have tried 2x18350, Protected Trustfire 2400mah and unprotected Panasonic 3100mah and they all work perfectly. I think that quality unprotected batteries such as the panasonic are ok in a single cell configuration. The flashlight does not overdischarge them anyway.
    Damn! That's bad news then. Looks like I am forced to get the Eagletac batteries if I still want to maintain 3100 capacity.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast