Re-Thinking my logo...need your input!

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hi folks, I'm not that happy with my logo and I'm working on some new ideas. I posted one new version on my blog (instead of here) in the hopes of getting more votes...but that may have backfired :) I haven't had much input so far. So if you would be so kind...Please follow this link to my blog and vote! It's actually incredibly helpful to get your feedback so please take a minute (if you have one to spare) and let me know what you think!

Feel free to comment either "here" or "there". I wish there was some way to link the content since I don't like getting things all spread out...but they, it's what I've got to work with at the moment :)

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jason, since you're asking IMO .... "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"! ....
Smokinsmiley.gif

Lance aka AZpops

Now that I know your back, I'll shoot you an email!

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Logos are tough to design & I turned mine over to a graphics designer. We got it figured out about the 10th (or 20th) try ...

fea358c5.jpg

IMO colors add a lot to any logo. When used on a business card or website they really make the image pop. It's worth the time & the money to get this the way you want it. Look for popular & easily recognized logos (like a Google image search) & almost all are in color:

2208283b.jpg

c7570bbc.jpg

753e406c.jpg

d1b651c5.jpg

Last edited:

davyro

Enlightened
everytime i see the name Dark Sucks for some reason i always think of Ducks,it's obviously an abbreviation of Dark Sucks so for me something different from everyone else
would be a little Duck on the head of your lights.This way you'd have a unique stamp on your lights.

brandocommando

Enlightened
I voted for #2, I like it more, even though it seems a little more plain.
Maybe tweak it a bit to make it more "iconic?"

Actually, I think the makers mark that you use is better than both of those. Why not just use that as your logo also? Did you design it? And what the heck is it anyway? An H?
An M? I saw you were already rocking a cool T-shirt with that logo in your Alpha video...
mark-small.jpg

Last edited:

romteb

Enlightened
Actually, I think the makers mark that you use is better than both of those. Why not just use that as your logo also? Did you design it? And what the heck is it anyway? An H?

+1, i have no idea what it means but it looks really cool.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for #2, I like it more, even though it seems a little more plain.
Maybe tweak it a bit to make it more "iconic?"

An M? I saw you were already rocking a cool T-shirt with that logo in your Alpha video...
mark-small.jpg

Actually, that's a very good point. Brand identity os everything. The logo on your lights should be the same as the logo on your webpage. You makers mark looks cool, and I'm sure you can create a logo version of it.

FWIW I voted for #2. #1 is way too busy.

archer6817j

Enlightened

The Maker's Mark graphic shows the letters "JH" which are my initials. My original thought is that only my custom lights would bear that mark. At some point I'm going to have someone else machine the lights as demand outstrips my ability to produce them. The lights machined by someone else might get the Prometheus logo...but not my Maker's Mark :)

Any feedback on that idea?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Maker's Mark graphic shows the letters "JH" which are my initials. My original thought is that only my custom lights would bear that mark. At some point I'm going to have someone else machine the lights as demand outstrips my ability to produce them. The lights machined by someone else might get the Prometheus logo...but not my Maker's Mark :)

That would certainly cause a price hike on your hand made lights when you take over the flashlight world :)

fyrstormer

Banned
#2 looks too much like a knockoff of the Green Lantern symbol, and I don't even read comics.

Also, be careful about getting too attached to the Prometheus brand name. There is already a brand of cigar lighters called Prometheus, and I'm sure you can see how they might get concerned that "Prometheus Lights" could be confused with "Prometheus Lighters". Apollo might be a better god to choose, since he's the god of the sun.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
#2 looks too much like a knockoff of the Green Lantern symbol, and I don't even read comics.

Also, be careful about getting too attached to the Prometheus brand name. There is already a brand of cigar lighters called Prometheus, and I'm sure you can see how they might get concerned that "Prometheus Lights" could be confused with "Prometheus Lighters". Apollo might be a better god to choose, since he's the god of the sun.

Good point, there's also a Prometheus Watch Co. as well; http://prometheuswatch.com/ (cool Co. logo).

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thumbsup:

Lemonbrah

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.
It makes it easy to identify your lights regardless of whether it's production or custom
:twothumbs