Tenergy TN160 NiMH Charger

snakyjake

Enlightened
What the general consensus of Tenergy chargers?
This looks like a good charger, and cheaper ($29) than Maha.

Featers/Specifications
  • 12 channels PWM switching fast charger with MUC control; its accurate voltage detection ensures no over-charging and under-charging.
  • Built-in IC and advanced Delta-V charging control function.
  • 12 independent charging channels for individual charging and detection: AA & AAA, NIMH/ NICD can be mixed when charging. The battery can be placed at any channel of the charger.
  • Suitable only for1.2v AA/AAA NIMH/NICD batteries.
  • Constant current charging mode with –ΔV detection, ensures fast charging.
  • 8 hours safety timer ensures extra safety.
  • Easy to use: simply connect the adaptor to charger, plug charger into household electric outlet and insert battery into the battery compartment. Charger will start charging automatically.
  • Over-heat, over-current, short-circuit, & reverse polarity protection, (mechanically) ensures that charger and batteries will not be damaged when users insert batteries with reversed polarity.
  • Large LCDs indicate charging status.
  • Charger comes with refresh function.
  • DC adaptor with wide AC input voltage 100-240V, designed for worldwide usage.
Output Characteristics
Rated Charging Current (Normal Charging)
AA: (2.0A ×0.25 ±10%) ×12CH @ CV=1.2V (duty cycle 0.25)
AAA: (1.0A ×0.25 ±10%) ×12CH @ CV=1.2V (duty cycle 0.25)

Trickle Current
AA: (2.0A ×0.025 ±10%) ×12CH @ CV=1.2V (duty cycle 0.025)
AAA: (1.0A ×0.025 ±10%) ×12CH @ CV=1.2V (duty cycle 0.025)

Charging Mode: Constant current charging
-△V Detection

TN160_FB_450.jpg

Jake

chewy78

Enlightened
Seams interesting. I assume around 400-500 ma charging per cell. maybe their quality is getting better, who knows? I would try one out but i already own a maha mh-c808m charger.

Last edited:

Train_Watchman

Newly Enlightened
Hey, this Inquiring Mind wants to know, too. I'm about to acquire some more AA NiMHs, probably in a "combo" deal with a smart charger, and I'm doing my research before shelling out any money.
I have a C808M and I like it, but after reading some negative reviews about a couple of the AA/AAA C8XX chargers, I'm being kinda picky about what I buy.

GimmeDaLite

Newly Enlightened
Since having this charger for about a month I can say for it being the first actual "smart" charger that ive owned, it had done wonders refreshing my nimhs. It's bit the faster charger in the world but it wins in the factors of consistency and reliability. Slow motion is better than no motion I believe when it comes to charging a battery. Either way you look at it, I have confidence that if I left c this charger on for 12 hours I wouldn't have to worry. That said under the condition of a full bay meaning all 12 batteries in the slots. When charging it barely heats up with the current applied and then when the trickle charge is applied after complete charge there is virtually no heat at all. I've refreshed batteries slowly but surely and the 12 slots are an extreme convenience.