Spyderco

1anrm

Enlightened
My Spyderco(s)

IMG_9224.jpg

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to buy a spyderco ... with the harsh laws regarding knives in the UK I don't want to spend a night in the cells trying to explain myself. can you imagine when they empty my pockets and find flashlights as well??

Phoenixkh

Newly Enlightened
I have three Spyerco knives. My EDC is a Manix 2 G-10 with a combination blade. My other two are older stainless models with the inlaid rubber, at least, I think it's rubber: an ATS 65 and a 060 Stainless G-2. That is what is stamped or etched on the blades. I used them for years. I wish I would have kept them aside as they both show signs of wear and are no longer available.

I also have a few Case and Buck very small pocket knives that I used to carry when I was in sales and had to wear suits.

Kim

PS: I'm a noob so I can't post photos yet.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just pre-ordered a limited run para 2 in orange G-10.
i had sold my digicam para2, but couldnt resist the orange. hehe

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to buy a spyderco ... with the harsh laws regarding knives in the UK I don't want to spend a night in the cells trying to explain myself. can you imagine when they empty my pockets and find flashlights as well??

Spyderco makes several uk legal folders: The UKPK, the Urban and the Squeak ;)

I've had no trouble with UK police when shoving them mine.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC a SS SE Harpy. I like the SS SE Spydies w VG-10 blades. Have a few, hope to have a bunch more as time goes.

robbobus

Newly Enlightened
I have paired down somewhat my Spyderco's. I currently have a Vallotton, Navaja, Gayle Bradley, para and a Terzuola slipit enroute. I've had a lot of the frn handled knives over the years and while my tastes have gotten a bit more spendy, I cannot say enough about them. My coworkers love the Centofante's, Delica's and Endura's they have acquired from me.

Harry999

Enlightened
Spyderco makes several uk legal folders: The UKPK, the Urban and the Squeak ;)

I've had no trouble with UK police when shoving them mine.

NoFair is correct. Mohanjude the law in the UK is a knife which is non-locking and has a cutting surface under three inches or less is a legal pocket/edc knife. Of course don't go to pubs or football grounds or other places where an Officer could think you were carrying the edc knife as a potential weapon.

My preferred Spyderco is the Kiwi III Slip it with stag inlays on the handle. A very nice and useful fruit knife and general edc tool. There are reports that Sal at Spyderco is working on a production Spyderco Native which will be a slip joint. I have seen pictures of the prototype he allowed one UK knife forum user to play with. It looks like one that is worth having when it come out.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Harry999 - thanks for clearing it up. I was mistakenly under the impression that there were 2 statutes that were in operation. One regarding the knives and the recent which is regarding what constitutes a weapon. I have been told that anything including a leather man tool with a knife could be a weapon if found on your person in a public place. I realise that you can try and justify why you are carrying it around but I was told that things are not as straightforward if it is found on you following a search and it is upto the discretion of the police.

In your response you say don't take it to the pub ? Is that because of this discretion that the police have.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Leatherman with a locking blade is illegal to carry without a good reason in the UK. You do not have to justify carrying a non locking, sub 3" folder. The reason for not carrying it in a pub is that it might be a bit of hassle if you get in a fight and the police discover it on you when you're getting searched. If you haven't used it as a weapon you should be fine legally.

Harry999

Enlightened
NoFair is correct. Places where you are searched before entry are slightly different in that there they can draw the conclusion that you have the intent to use it as an offensive weapon.

Apologies for going slightly off topic to others. To bring it back on track I have recently started to carry a Marbles Doctors pen knife. Jigged bone handle with a nice blade and a spatula which makes a great butter/spreading knife or stirring spoon. I wish Spyderco would make something like this.

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk

Last edited: