Show your Solarforce Part II

LilKevin715

Enlightened
A new year a new thread :). This is a continuation of the original 52 page thread located here.

Here are a few pics of my humble collection to show.

Last edited:

maniacyak

Newly Enlightened
Something Sales Link Removed came for me in the mail today…

dsc4218o.jpg

dsc4219c.jpg

(Accessory bag contains lanyard, head and tail o-rings, GITD switch boot.)

It's very well machined though clearly the knurling isn't as grippy as a regular Solarforce.

dsc4234c.jpg

dsc4226ha.jpg

The tail is very nice - easy access to the switch, and it tailstands too:

dsc4243m.jpg

Component parts:

dsc4244l.jpg

Compared to a regular L2T:

dsc4238.jpg

And a family shot! :D

dsc4257k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kchoy

Newly Enlightened
Last edited by a moderator:

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Thanks for re-starting this great and handy thread!
My blue L2P isn't lego'd, but it's slightly modded - with SS bezel, crenelations ground into the tail, and a CR123 magazine - and I like to show it around.
Has a NB neutral-white XR-E spot optic.

007-1.jpg

I had a stock L2T with SMO 5 mode XP-G, and got an L2 for a friend. Was going to run his on 2xAA, so (along with an SS bezel) I got the 1xCR123 extender.
Darn thing doesn't fit! Screwed right onto the L2T though. So I did some head and bezel swapping, and came up with this.

L2andL2T.jpg

I'll keep the round shorty for my windbreaker (reminds me a LOT of my vintage round 6P,) and he'll get the long one, with 3-mode 4.2V XP-G and a pair of Lithium AA's.
When I noticed how much smoother his beam is, I yanked the OP reflector off an (unused) yellow/warm P4 and replaced my SMO with it.
So nice you can even swap reflectors on these!
Now the beams are nearly identical on HI, with the shorty having a brighter ring at the outside of the spill (possibly due to the different bezels.)
Of course, since I just gave up my only L2T body - which has become a favorite - I'll need to order a replacement. Or two.
Perhaps I'll spring for the XM-L this time.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess what the postman dropped off today.....

The Gladiator.

img1283ia.jpg

img1286ji.jpg

img1288xd.jpg

img1289rw.jpg

img1290q.jpg

img1291ht.jpg

It's one hefty sucker. Definitely bombproof and I would imagine breaking glass would be a piece of cake. Gives a new definition to the term "weapon light" too.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Haha yup thats the one! What do you plan on running inside the gladiator? You could get some insane runtimes with the higher voltage modules.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a problem finding a XM-L drop-in that takes 4 x 18650, might have to get it custom built or a R5 alternative that takes up to 18v. I'm not worry about heat as I've tested using 2 x 18650 and the thing isn't warm at all, I did wrap the drop-in in alu before jamming it in. Can't imagine the runtime of 1 lumen with 4 x 18650.... :eek:oo:

yifu

Enlightened
I have a problem finding a XM-L drop-in that takes 4 x 18650, might have to get it custom built or a R5 alternative that takes up to 18v. I'm not worry about heat as I've tested using 2 x 18650 and the thing isn't warm at all, I did wrap the drop-in in alu before jamming it in. Can't imagine the runtime of 1 lumen with 4 x 18650.... :eek:oo:
Vinhnguyen makes a 18v XML drop in, the info is in his run 5 thread over at custom B/S/T.

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
My L2M in "short version", fitted with L2T head and L2P switch, the switch combination with 2 "o" ring and the wire clip allow me not to screw the switch fully in giving me a few extra millimetres to allow me to use a 17500 battery 1300mah for extra run time:)
A glow in the dark "o" ring has also been added behind the stainless steel bezel.
L2M3.jpg

L2M1.jpg

L2M2.jpg

Pat364

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I just ordered:
- a L2X Regular and a L2X Extended with some accessories (Bezel, Switch).
- a DIY mini

As soon as I receive them, I will take pictures with the L2T and the Gladiator.

For information, there are Sales on LX2 on Solarforce website (it is the end of the L2X).

@++
Pat

visigoth

Newly Enlightened
I have a growing Lego'd collection of Solarforcae. Soon to be photographed.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the rubber cigar ring on the L2T degrades? It gets soft and sort of greasy -- could be that I accidentally exposed it to some kind of solvent. They want to charge me close to five bucks for a new one, which is just silly (especially if it's going to last only a couple of months before turning to mush). Should I buy the Surefire tactical grip set? Any other ideas?