Foxfury Rook
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vinhnguyen54 Run 5 Cree XML P60 Drop In 1000 Lumen, McClicky Switch

Default Re: vinhnguyen54 Run 5 Cree XML P60 Drop In 1000 Lumen Warm, Neutral, Cool White

I have a new driver for Single mode lovers. I also updated post 1.

1 Mode High Current and Medium Voltage: 2.8-6V
    350mah-5600mah
    $45based price for 2800mah

If you always want max this might be the driver for your. I Swapping out all of my Direct drive lights with this current regulated driver as I am a single mode lover! :-)

Default Re: vinhnguyen54 Run 5 Cree XML P60 Drop In 1000 Lumen Warm, Neutral, Cool White

Ahhhhhh!! Just what I was waiting for. Did you ship my other drop-in yet? If not, I'll pull the trigger on a single mode tonight and save you some shipping cost...

Would be a U2 cool with an OP reflector at 3100 mah for that sweet spot of output and some runtime...

Thermally injected, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Darvis View Post
    Ahhhhhh!! Just what I was waiting for. Did you ship my other drop-in yet? If not, I'll pull the trigger on a single mode tonight and save you some shipping cost...

Would be a U2 cool with an OP reflector at 3100 mah for that sweet spot of output and some runtime...

op reflectors r coming this Saturday. :-) place ur order! :-)

Vinh,

Can you do any solder potting on regulated drivers or will that cause shorting problems? I would think that some of the space in the pill even with regulated modules could be solder potted some, and maybe epoxy pot the rest of the space. I really like the solder filled option and would like to see it offered with more than just DD module. It is the second best thing other than a solid heatsinked module like the Malkoffs or Oveready triples to name a few.

I guess I can do partial solder filled ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Thanks! Hey, before I do, what is the sweet spot for mah? I'm thinking I saw it was 3100 somewhere, but I'm not sure... what say you?

I only like 2 mode. Either Low Low or High High. So my current preference might be different than yours. Anyway, you can refer to the LumenVs Current for XML chart here: Click Here

Let me know what current is right for you.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 01-20-2012 at 10:12 PM.

According to the chart on the previous post you can see that 4.2A = 996Lumen, While 3A=881Lumen. This is way lower than Cree claim of 1000 Lumen at 3A.

I claimed that my drop in does 1000 LED lumen at 4.2A because I use U2 bin while the test above uses T6 bin. :-)

That was a great reference chart, so I think I'm sticking with my 3100 mah setup... paypal sent for $46
    Last edited by Darvis; 01-20-2012 at 10:55 PM.

That was a great reference chart, so I think I'm sticking with my 3100 mah setup... paypal sent for $46
    Actually I can only do 3.15 Not 3.1 Sorry...:-)

I just burn broke 2 XML-U2 in a row Ouch! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Actually I can only do 3.15 Not 3.1 Sorry...:-)
    3.15 is no problem, great!

Hey vinh, another battery question for the 4.2a regulated dropin you sent me... i just got a dereelight host with an extender and am considering fitting it in there... can i run your dropin off 3 primaries, or 2 rechargeables? Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdm View Post
    Hey vinh, another battery question for the 4.2a regulated dropin you sent me... i just got a dereelight host with an extender and am considering fitting it in there... can i run your dropin off 3 primaries, or 2 rechargeables? Thanks,
    According to the 1st post by OP 1 primary 3.0 volt is ok. 2 rechargeables is too much voltage and poof dead led.

Unenlightened

Got mine yesterday, tested it last night. Sir you make one bright drop-in.
    Couldnt be happier, Thank you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoosteve99 View Post
    According to the 1st post by OP 1 primary 3.0 volt is ok. 2 rechargeables is too much voltage and poof dead led.
    Also, running 4.2amps through a primary cr123 for a little while is a good way to find out what a blown up battery and flashlight looks like.

The 6V Driver can run on 2*CR123 however 4A is too much current for CR123 so they will get hot and might blow up. However, during an emergency situation you may run 2*CR123 in a lower mode other than Max. Medium and Low should be fine. But try not to run CR123 normally as you might forget they are in there and run it on high continuously. The drivers with moonlight mode can only accept 4.5V max and single 18650! 2*Cr123 will make the LED and or the driver go poof!

Lunar New Year Special!

Hello all! Today is the first day of Lunar New year. I am Vietnamese, so today is a VERY special day for me. It's the year of the Dragon! Countries that are celebrating this holiday takes up to 2 weeks off just to party, visit distant family members or just to relax. I want to wish everyone the best of health and luck. To start off a fun new year I will be offering the following freebies as random selected gift for anyone who buys a drop in from me starting today until Midnight Friday the 27th!

1. SST-50, 5.6A, Low-Medium-High, Very Bright, 6V max, Beatiful beam, Nice Cool White Tint, Smooth reflector.
    2. SST-50, 3.04A, High-Low with memory. Less bright than top drop in. Smooth reflector. Hot Spot is a little purpleish, 4.5V Max.
    3. XRE-R2 EZ1000 Cutter LED. Smooth, throws good for a P60, 18V max, 1.6A Single mode.
    4. XRE-R2 EZ1000 Cutter LED. Smooth, throws good for a P60, 4.2V Max 1.75A Single mode.
    5. XRE Brigthness Bin Unsure but looks like a EZ900 die. Smooth, throws very good for a P60, 4.2V Max 1.75A Single mode. Throws better than 3 and 4.
    6. XRE-R2 EZ1000 Cutter LED. Smooth, throws good for a P60, 18V max, 1.6A Single mode. Reflector glued to pill.
    7. Special Mystery

There are 7 give away items. If there are only 7 or less buyers between now and Friday then everyone will win something. :-) Drawing will be done possibly at midnight Friday. Methods of drawing will be finalize and posted prior to drawing. You get one drawing chance per drop in bought from me.

To make things even more interesting all drop in between now and Midnight Friday will be 10% off!!

Thanks All! And again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

CHUC MUNG NAM MOI!
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 01-23-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Hey Vinh-
    I received my drop today- super fast turn around thanks.

The tint is about 3000K not 4000K

It's warmer than my Hi CRI Quark mini and waaaaayyy warmer than my spark st6 and NB "4500" which was more like 5000K

I'm going to try it out on my bike tonight but it's not at all the tint I was expecting which I was hoping for ~5B or maybe a little warmer or cooler.

I'll try to post A comparison pic.

Also- the med mode is almost as bright as the Hi mode.
    Not really a problem tho.

The left is the Spark neutral
    Top is the Quark Mini HiCri
    Right is the drop u made me.

Maybe Cutter sent u the wrong tint?

Default Re: LUNAR NEW YEAR SPECIALS!!! vinhnguyen54 Run 5 Cree XML P60 Drop In 1000 Lumen

No problem at all! I offer full satisfaction for all my items. Fell free to return for a full refund :-)

Quote Originally Posted by psychbeat View Post
    Hey Vinh-
    I received my drop today- super fast turn around thanks.

The tint is about 3000K not 4000K

It's warmer than my Hi CRI Quark mini and waaaaayyy warmer than my spark st6 and NB "4500" which was more like 5000K

I'm going to try it out on my bike tonight but it's not at all the tint I was expecting which I was hoping for ~5B or maybe a little warmer or cooler.

I'll try to post A comparison pic.

Also- the med mode is almost as bright as the Hi mode.
    Not really a problem tho.

Default Re: LUNAR NEW YEAR SPECIALS!!! vinhnguyen54 Run 5 Cree XML P60 Drop In 1000 Lumen

I got the LEDs from Kai Domain. They called it 4000K so I called it 4000K. I will refer to all my "4000K" as Warm from now on. Please let me know if you would like a refund. I will issue one instantly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am interested in the Multi-Mode High Current and Medium Voltage: 2.8-6V @ 3500 mA
    would it be OK to run this on 4xAA eneloops?

Quote Originally Posted by thundertree View Post
    I am interested in the Multi-Mode High Current and Medium Voltage: 2.8-6V @ 3500 mA
    would it be OK to run this on 4xAA eneloops?
    Yes. High might be a bit hot on the batteries so you will have to try to figure the battery limit. Medium and moonlight would be fine for extended runs.

Much thanks for getting back to me so quickly!!

from thundertree for:
    Multi-Mode High Current and Medium Voltage: 2.8-6V @ $45
    U2 COOL WHITE 6500K
    2800mA + 350mA*2= 3,500mA (+$2)
    Low-High with memory
    Thermal Injection
    add 4% Paypal Goods = $1.88
    Orange Peel Reflector

Flashaholic*

Vinh, in psychbeat's beamshot above, which of your XM-L tints (5000K or 6500K) would be closest to the top beam (Quark Mini)?
    I'd rather have a flashlight in front of me than a "frontal flashlightomy"!

Quote Originally Posted by naked2 View Post
    Vinh, in psychbeat's beamshot above, which of your XM-L tints (5000K or 6500K) would be closest to the top beam (Quark Mini)?
    I think 5000K. 6500K is 100% WHITE

FYI the top beam in my pic is from a Hi CRI XPG which is supposedly
    3000-3500K
    the left is from a Spark "neutral white" XML which is supposedly
    a 4B tint bin around "4500K"
    this "4000K" is warmer than the decorative incan bulbs in my room

not sure what to do...the warm tint worked fairly well in the fog last night on
    my ride but was not as bright as my 3.6a "4500k" smooth XML drop.
    the Medium mode looks about 80% as bright which makes sense as above 3amps you
    lose so much efficiency and Med is 35% drive current or almost ~2amps
    Im going to try and get used to it on another ride later this week
    I swear! - Im not usually a picky customer - maybe just overly informed.
    I should have gone with the 6v driver and had low+ High on this but I wanted
    to try out the 4.5v thinking it might be more efficient.
    seeing as it uses the same 7XXX resistors it probably isnt yah?

In the future if tints are going to be this important to me Ill order specific tint
    bins like I have in the past from other vendors.

I would like to say that the module is well put together and @ a very competitive price
    the turnaround time and shipping were EXCELLENT too.

ALSO-
    there is no such thing as a T6 flux bin in this warm of a tint as far as I can tell anywhere.

AND one more suggestion is to offer direct to small copper (like a penny) soldering of the
    emitter - similar to Saabluster or MaSha1 do as I think the PCB/star is a bottleneck for heat
    at these drive currents.

sorry for the epic post-
    Last edited by psychbeat; 01-24-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Just to add to the above.. I also recieved my four 4000k dropins and they are around 3000k to my eyes. This is a non issue to me as two of the four will be gifted. The receivers are both older gentleman and have only used incans to my knowledge so this may be a better tint to them. The other two are for my personal use. They are my first warm dropins. They are very incan like and I am really enjoying the tint so far.
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..