• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 How To Wrap A P60 Drop In

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
1st time making a video ever. I was nervous and shy but several people requested so here it is. I know video quality sucks which will improve next time in my videos. Thanks!

Click here 4 Video

Last edited:

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good video. When it came time to push the drop-in into the tube, any reason you didn't just use the tabletop instead of the knife handle? Seems like you could just put the head down on the table and put some weight on the body to let the drop-in sink in

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just figured out a way to clean a P60 reflector without destroying it. As we know reflectors in general are very easily contaminated and once they are its almost impossible to clean. Anything you use will either put swirls on it or destroys it completely...I figured out a way to clean it but its quite sensitive and awkward to share.....I wonder if I should post it....

dougie

Enlightened
Nice video. I wouldn't worry about it being the first one.....everyone has to start somewhere!..:)

jwyj

Enlightened
Nice video. Sometimes I use a rubber mallet to hammer in the dropin if it is too tight.

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
I just figured out a way to clean a P60 reflector without destroying it. As we know reflectors in general are very easily contaminated and once they are its almost impossible to clean. Anything you use will either put swirls on it or destroys it completely...I figured out a way to clean it but its quite sensitive and awkward to share.....I wonder if I should post it....
Uhm. Do share, I think?

51coronet

Newly Enlightened
May I add that a good quality adhesive foil can be had from home depot. I have a roll of the thickest they carry and it was roughly $15 for a fairly long roll. Brand is Nashua. It is meant for furnace/heater systems so look in the aisle with all the heater pipes etc.

Good video by the way!

davidwestonh

Newly Enlightened
Great video.

I tried it out and got a fingerprint on the lense.
Then I tried your solution and it worked great.

How about video reviews!

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am going to do a Video called "Tips on how to build a P60 Drop in" I will discuss the basics involved. I am sure the info is all over CPF already but I guess it's sometime easier watching a video instead.

I do strongly advise the use of aluminum foil over aluminum/copper adhesive. The sticky adhesive is a heat insulator which work against our cause.

Also for the lens you can just wash with soap and wipe down with tissue paper. :)

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you ever tried the coiled tin can cut into strips for heat sink? I am curious to hear which you think is better.