Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Zebralight SC600 & SC600W discussion part 2

Default Zebralight SC600 & SC600W discussion part 2

Part 1 here.

This thread is discussion all things SC600 and SC600W

Last edited by PoliceScannerMan; 01-03-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    -PSM

I'm thrilled with mine. The tint is annoyingly green and the mode selector a little confusing at times however the output on low and high is astonishing. An excellent light for my day bag.. Highly recommended :-)

Sent from my mobile using TapaTalk (so please excuse bad grammar & spelling!) :-)

Default Re: Zebra light SC600 (W) discussion part 2

i see absolutely no green in either one of my SC600w's. i wonder if some people got a bad tint, or if some people are just seeing the tints differently.

i really love the tint on mine. it's an ideal neutral white, in my opinion.
    i like flashlights.

Where is a reputable place to buy one? I see most places are sold out/back ordered. Is ebay a safe place to buy one?

Hey guys, don't mind being more specific? Those who complained seeing green in the tint, are you talking about SC600 or SC600w?
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

My sc600 is a little greenish on low too when i compare it with my SC80 (very pure white), but it's the same with my PA40. It seems to be XML CW related.
    Don't have tested SC600W.....yet

Where is a reputable place to buy one? I see most places are sold out/back ordered. Is ebay a safe place to buy one?
    And http://www.zebralight.com/ ?
    Last edited by nanucq; 01-04-2012 at 01:36 AM.

For me, I like this flashlight but the switch is the reason that will be the last zebralight I buy if they still continue this kind of swithch.
    It's not easy to use in real life.

I know that many people feel happy with the new switch but not for me. It make my thumb pain.
    I plan to use it as EDC.
    But because of switch after I try for 2-3 days.
    I keep it in box and never use it again.

(sorry for my English)
    Last edited by specimen; 01-04-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by specimen View Post
    For me I like this flashlight but the switch is the reason that this will be the last zebralight I buy.
    Is it the switch itself you don't like, or the programming (series of clicks) you don't like?

For me, I like this flashlight but the switch is the reason that will be the last zebralight I buy if they still continue this kind of swithch.

I know that many people feel happy with the new switch but not for me. It make my thumb pain.
    I plan to use it as EDC.

(sorry for my English)
    I understand. Before the SC600 was out I did mention somewhere that the switch is ok but just need to be recessed deeper. There is no need to toughen the switch as it will make the switching and double clicking harder. Was a little disappointed when ZL decided to go with a switch that is harder to activate despite having it recessed deeper. Overall, I am still happy with it and they are (2x SC600 and 1x SC600w) my favorite mid-sized power lights to date.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by nanucq View Post
    My sc600 is a little greenish on low too when i compare it with my SC80 (very pure white), but it's the same with my PA40. It seems to be XML CW related.
    Don't have tested SC600W.....yet

And http://www.zebralight.com/ ?
    If you would've checked your own link you'd see they're back ordered...

Quote Originally Posted by shane45_1911 View Post
    Is it the switch itself you don't like, or the programming (series of clicks) you don't like?
    Only the switch.
    The programming is nice, multi level and not make the user confuse

Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    If you would've checked your own link you'd see they're back ordered...
    According to this post, "it seems they are probably no[t]".

I plan to use it as EDC.

(sorry for my English)
    I agree with you. I have posted elsewhere about my displeasure with the new switch on the SC600(w) also.

Here was my remedy.

I looked around in one of my junk drawers and found these. You could call them either hard rubber or soft plastic. I don't know, but they are flexible. As you can see, they're called bumpers but I believe their intended use is as pads/feet to keep items from scratching or sliding on a surface.

The larger one, about 5/8in in diameter fit near perfectly. It adds just enough height to make the switching much easier to activate. But not enough that it would cause accidental activation, at least not in my opinion. The adhesive seems to be holding well enough. If it doesn't, I'll find another solution to keep it in place as I like it much better than stock. It takes away some of that "button" feel, but the switch works great just the same.

I took some pics so you can get a better idea what I'm talking about. I did these on my laptop. Not the best thing for making sure they look ok, so hope they come out.

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."

has anyone tried modifying the reflector to a non-orange peel or adding an spherical lens so it can be a more focused beam?

I know I've seen pictures of the SC600W with the body engraving actually having the "W" after the 600, my "W" arrived from a dealer yesterday but it looks identical to the cool white, just has "SC600" engraved on it. Definitely a warm emitter, just no distinguishing markings. I'll have to put a label on the tailcap or something to tell them apart. I wonder if they ran out of correctly marked bodies or something...
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    I know I've seen pictures of the SC600W with the body engraving actually having the "W" after the 600, my "W" arrived from a dealer yesterday but it looks identical to the cool white, just has "SC600" engraved on it. Definitely a warm emitter, just no distinguishing markings. I'll have to put a label on the tailcap or something to tell them apart. I wonder if they ran out of correctly marked bodies or something...
    It's most likely one of the earlier released models of the w then. It probably doesn't have the 5min step-down either. Mine is like that.
    "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite_me View Post
    It's most likely one of the earlier released models of the w then. It probably doesn't have the 5min step-down either. Mine is like that.
    Could be, although I just ordered it last week and It wasn't in stock until then. Not worried about the lack of stepdown at all if that's the case.
    Semper Fi

I have a "regular" early SC600, and would like opinions on the dropping down modes as the battery drains feature. I'd probably carry mine more, but with the 18650, I'm not going to carry a spare cell, and don't want to be left with a dead light. Does it work well? How long does it give you in the lower levels as it's dropping? Not to compare apples and oranges, but I'm guessing it works like the HDS/Ra lights? I'm considering a new one, and would like your thoughts...

Flashaholic

SC600w shipped today. I really like my cool 600 but I'm a neutral, warm guy at heart.
    Deus Vult

Just got my SC600 today. New stock at Illumination Gear. Fantastic light as far as I can tell.

Enlightened

My SC600W was an early order from November, and it does not have the "w" engraved on the body either. But, it does have the 5-min step down. love this light! first zebra, and first neutral flashlight. (I have a neutral spark headlamp that I love also)
    EagleTac T20C2, Lumintop TD-15,Vinh modified Eagletac M3C4 XM-L, Spark ST6-460NW, Zebralight SC600w MKI and MKII, Foursevens Preon P2 gen2

Mine has the W, and I find the switch and UI to be a big plus. No problems with the switch at all.

Default Re: Zebralight SC600 & SC600W discussion part 2

The switch felt on the firm side when I received the light. With use it has definitely become more relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lite_me View Post
    I agree with you. I have posted elsewhere about my displeasure with the new switch on the SC600(w) also.

Here was my remedy.

I looked around in one of my junk drawers and found these. You could call them either hard rubber or soft plastic. I don't know, but they are flexible. As you can see, they're called bumpers but I believe their intended use is as pads/feet to keep items from scratching or sliding on a surface.

The larger one, about 5/8in in diameter fit near perfectly. It adds just enough height to make the switching much easier to activate. But not enough that it would cause accidental activation, at least not in my opinion. The adhesive seems to be holding well enough. If it doesn't, I'll find another solution to keep it in place as I like it much better than stock. It takes away some of that "button" feel, but the switch works great just the same.

I took some pics so you can get a better idea what I'm talking about. I did these on my laptop. Not the best thing for making sure they look ok, so hope they come out.

Thanks for your information. I will try.

I just typed up a nice long post but once again..CPF fails.

The Ti clip is from Jason at Dark Sucks aka archer6817j. The foil is necessary to make contact between the body and tailcap. A more permanent solution could be a washer or ring of sorts that is the same diameter and width of the unanodized portion at the rear of the light when the tailcap is removed. It could be droped in the tailcap and should still allow tailcap lockout but seeing as that is of no concern to me, I'll be sticking with the aluminum foil for now at least. I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...1-05203952.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...1-05210331.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...1-05210339.jpg

Last edited by DM51; 01-08-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Over-size images replaced by links
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

Wow that is a gorgeous clip, I use the stock clip for inside pocket carry in my Carhartt side pocket. For while not at work I have a Thor's hammer custom leather holster. Mine is cool white and I carry two spare batteries in my coat.
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Quote Originally Posted by burntoshine View Post
    i see absolutely no green in either one of my SC600w's. i wonder if some people got a bad tint, or if some people are just seeing the tints differently.

i really love the tint on mine. it's an ideal neutral white, in my opinion.
    Tint is practically the most subjective thing there is.

Flashaholic

Ordered Thursday morning, delivered Saturday afternoon.

Barely had time to charge up my leftover AW200 batteries that I kept from the Fenix TK11R2 I gave away for Christmas. The 2200s fit and work fine.

Initial reaction: indoors, on a white wall, tint seems very similar to my SC60W, which is to say, wonderful.

Love the new switch!

As to that Ti clip above, yikes that's beautiful!
    Last edited by hatman; 01-07-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    LensLight Mini; Surefire Fury; ZebraLight SC600W, SC60W, SC52W and SC51C; EagleTac NW D25LC2 and NW D25A; Xeno E03 Nichia 219 (x2); ThruNite Neutron 1AA Neutral; Quark Ti AA & 2-123-T; Quark AA-T and 123-2-T; Nitecore D10R2 and D10R2 (Tribute); Romisen RC-A4X and RC-A4II; Balder SE-1 Neutral

I'm still a newbie to the flashlight world. I got a christmas bonus($100 AMEX gift card) and decided to purchase one of these with it. Ordered the neutral. Now I just need to decide which battery to order and which charger. Thinking cotton pickers, but I still haven't gotten a response if you can use it with a AC wall adapter that has a USB port on it.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by glendayle View Post
    I'm still a newbie to the flashlight world. I got a christmas bonus($100 AMEX gift card) and decided to purchase one of these with it. Ordered the neutral. Now I just need to decide which battery to order and which charger. Thinking cotton pickers, but I still haven't gotten a response if you can use it with a AC wall adapter that has a USB port on it.
    I have a cottonpickers USB charger and use it regularly with an AC wall adapter. I would even recommend it as some laptop USB ports are limited to around 500mA where this is less likely an issue with wall adapters.

Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast