photobucket-4235-1320152598330.jpg

photobucket-4045-1320152568396.jpg

photobucket-3828-1320152542129.jpg

photobucket-4042-1320152515559.jpg

photobucket-3748-1320152490738.jpg

Last edited:

MikeWilson

Newly Enlightened
I'm thrilled with mine. The tint is annoyingly green and the mode selector a little confusing at times however the output on low and high is astonishing. An excellent light for my day bag.. Highly recommended :)

Sent from my mobile using TapaTalk (so please excuse bad grammar & spelling!) :)

burntoshine

Enlightened
Re: Zebra light SC600 (W) discussion part 2

i see absolutely no green in either one of my SC600w's. i wonder if some people got a bad tint, or if some people are just seeing the tints differently.

i really love the tint on mine. it's an ideal neutral white, in my opinion.

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened

Where is a reputable place to buy one? I see most places are sold out/back ordered. Is ebay a safe place to buy one?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys, don't mind being more specific? Those who complained seeing green in the tint, are you talking about SC600 or SC600w?

nanucq

Newly Enlightened

My sc600 is a little greenish on low too when i compare it with my SC80 (very pure white), but it's the same with my PA40. It seems to be XML CW related.
Don't have tested SC600W.....yet :whistle:

Where is a reputable place to buy one? I see most places are sold out/back ordered. Is ebay a safe place to buy one?

And http://www.zebralight.com/ ?

Last edited:

specimen

Newly Enlightened

For me, I like this flashlight but the switch is the reason that will be the last zebralight I buy if they still continue this kind of swithch.
It's not easy to use in real life.

I know that many people feel happy with the new switch but not for me. It make my thumb pain.
I plan to use it as EDC.
But because of switch after I try for 2-3 days.
I keep it in box and never use it again.

(sorry for my English)

Last edited:

shane45_1911

Enlightened

For me I like this flashlight but the switch is the reason that this will be the last zebralight I buy.

Is it the switch itself you don't like, or the programming (series of clicks) you don't like?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

For me, I like this flashlight but the switch is the reason that will be the last zebralight I buy if they still continue this kind of swithch.

I know that many people feel happy with the new switch but not for me. It make my thumb pain.
I plan to use it as EDC.

(sorry for my English)
I understand. Before the SC600 was out I did mention somewhere that the switch is ok but just need to be recessed deeper. There is no need to toughen the switch as it will make the switching and double clicking harder. Was a little disappointed when ZL decided to go with a switch that is harder to activate despite having it recessed deeper. Overall, I am still happy with it and they are (2x SC600 and 1x SC600w) my favorite mid-sized power lights to date.

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened

My sc600 is a little greenish on low too when i compare it with my SC80 (very pure white), but it's the same with my PA40. It seems to be XML CW related.
Don't have tested SC600W.....yet :whistle:

And http://www.zebralight.com/ ?

If you would've checked your own link you'd see they're back ordered...

specimen

Newly Enlightened

Is it the switch itself you don't like, or the programming (series of clicks) you don't like?
Only the switch.
The programming is nice, multi level and not make the user confuse

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast

I plan to use it as EDC.

(sorry for my English)
I agree with you. I have posted elsewhere about my displeasure with the new switch on the SC600(w) also.

Here was my remedy.

I looked around in one of my junk drawers and found these. You could call them either hard rubber or soft plastic. I don't know, but they are flexible. As you can see, they're called bumpers but I believe their intended use is as pads/feet to keep items from scratching or sliding on a surface.

The larger one, about 5/8in in diameter fit near perfectly. It adds just enough height to make the switching much easier to activate. But not enough that it would cause accidental activation, at least not in my opinion. The adhesive seems to be holding well enough. If it doesn't, I'll find another solution to keep it in place as I like it much better than stock. It takes away some of that "button" feel, but the switch works great just the same.

I took some pics so you can get a better idea what I'm talking about. I did these on my laptop. Not the best thing for making sure they look ok, so hope they come out.

dsc01321700r12.jpg

capture700i.jpg

capturejpg700.jpg

pocketlight

Newly Enlightened

has anyone tried modifying the reflector to a non-orange peel or adding an spherical lens so it can be a more focused beam? :huh:

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know I've seen pictures of the SC600W with the body engraving actually having the "W" after the 600, my "W" arrived from a dealer yesterday but it looks identical to the cool white, just has "SC600" engraved on it. Definitely a warm emitter, just no distinguishing markings. I'll have to put a label on the tailcap or something to tell them apart. I wonder if they ran out of correctly marked bodies or something...

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know I've seen pictures of the SC600W with the body engraving actually having the "W" after the 600, my "W" arrived from a dealer yesterday but it looks identical to the cool white, just has "SC600" engraved on it. Definitely a warm emitter, just no distinguishing markings. I'll have to put a label on the tailcap or something to tell them apart. I wonder if they ran out of correctly marked bodies or something...
It's most likely one of the earlier released models of the w then. It probably doesn't have the 5min step-down either. Mine is like that.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's most likely one of the earlier released models of the w then. It probably doesn't have the 5min step-down either. Mine is like that.

Could be, although I just ordered it last week and It wasn't in stock until then. Not worried about the lack of stepdown at all if that's the case.

scout24

Flashaholic

I have a "regular" early SC600, and would like opinions on the dropping down modes as the battery drains feature. I'd probably carry mine more, but with the 18650, I'm not going to carry a spare cell, and don't want to be left with a dead light. Does it work well? How long does it give you in the lower levels as it's dropping? Not to compare apples and oranges, but I'm guessing it works like the HDS/Ra lights? I'm considering a new one, and would like your thoughts...

bodhran

Enlightened

SC600w shipped today. I really like my cool 600 but I'm a neutral, warm guy at heart.

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened

Just got my SC600 today. New stock at Illumination Gear. Fantastic light as far as I can tell.