Ryder CR123A cells?

Dillo0

Newly Enlightened
With a recent CR123A explosion on this forum complete with fire, smoke, and photographs, I'm just wondering about the following. I happen to have 6 CR123A cells from Ryder (sold by flashlightz). I have the ability to voltage match the cells, but how safe would these cells be? I would not wish to be the next victim who posts here torch less and HF poisoned. Would the best option be to ditch these without using them? I can take them to the recyclers, and I have enough good cells from reputable manufacturers to go around.

Burgess

Flashaholic
I think actor Clint Eastwood phrased it best:

You've gotta' ask yer'self One Question . . . .

Do I feel LUCKY !

Well, DO ya' ? ? ?

Even though my reply sounds frivolous, I am actually very serious here.

Choose wisely.

Dillo0

Newly Enlightened
I found your post quite entertaining. That aside, I'm going to take these cells to the recyclers. Not worth my torch, or me for that matter. If anyone has had any experience with these cells, feel free to chime in.

aimxplode

Enlightened
I don't recognize that name. Personally, I wouldnt risk it. Pick up some quality Made in US cells (Rayovac, Duracell, Energizer, Surefire, Battery Station, etc..). Battery Station has the cheapest cells if you buy in bulk (50 pack for $60, which works at $1.20 per cell). Otherwise, Battery Junction sells Rayovacs in a 12 pack, at around $1.45 per cell after shipping. I am using these Rayovac cells and they are great. I will never take my chances with Made in China cells.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/rayovac-cr123a-12pk.html

Burgess

Flashaholic
For anyone who is not aware . . . .

To the best of our (CPF) collective knowledge --

All CR123A Lithium cells which are Made in U.S.A. , come from Panasonic's factory in Columbus, Georgia.

They produce these batteries for a number of well-known Brand Names.

:whistle:

Dillo0

Newly Enlightened
I typically use Redilast 18650 cells in my torch with the Pila Charger and a DMM, and usually use the Duracell, Sanyo, or Panasonic CR123A cells. I used the Sanyos back when they were Japanese made. I think they had grey wrappers. After that, I switched to Duracell.

aimxplode

Enlightened
I typically use Redilast 18650 cells in my torch with the Pila Charger and a DMM, and usually use the Duracell, Sanyo, or Panasonic CR123A cells. I used the Sanyos back when they were Japanese made. I think they had grey wrappers. After that, I switched to Duracell.

Did you ditch your Ryder cells?

Dillo0

Newly Enlightened
Yes. I'd rather play safe than sorry. My life isn't worth $5.