SunwayLED
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 87

Thread: FOR SALE NOW: Titanium zipper pulls!

  1. #31
    Flashaholic* moeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Looks awesome!

    Any plans to do any in a bead blasted finish?
    They look pretty good as a lanyard too!
    Any Idea on a price?

    Thanks,
    Chris
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  2. #32
    Flashaholic sassaquin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Concord, Massachusetts
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post


    Oh my, this blue one is calling my name. Are they available yet?

  3. #33

    Default

    Beautiful! I might be interested as well, very nice with the hidden knot.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

  4. #34
    *Flashaholic* precisionworks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Benton Illinois
    Posts
    6,241

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    Mind sharing where you buy your Ti?
    Got lucky & bought 144" (3.66m) of 1" diameter bar for $403 USD on eBay. Not for lights but for other projects. About as cheap as I've ever found Grade 5.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights, Titanium Light boring & modding * PM's disabled * Please Email & PayPal through www:Precision.Works

  5. #35
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by precisionworks View Post
    Got lucky & bought 144" (3.66m) of 1" diameter bar for $403 USD on eBay. Not for lights but for other projects. About as cheap as I've ever found Grade 5.
    Wow, that's nearly free ...and I'm not even joking!

  6. #36
    *Flashaholic* precisionworks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Benton Illinois
    Posts
    6,241

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    Wow, that's nearly free ...and I'm not even joking!
    $2.80/inch is dirt cheap any day of the week. Too small for lights as I need at least 1.125" (28.5mm) but just right for another project.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights, Titanium Light boring & modding * PM's disabled * Please Email & PayPal through www:Precision.Works

  7. #37
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Please see the original post (#1) for current status!
    ---------------------------------------------------------

    Okay, so I'm selling 6 of the prototype zipper pulls Someone already picked up 2 in person. I need to keep 5 for samples.

    Price is $25 each with your choice of o-ring color, and if you want, a hank of the yellow/purple spectra pictured. I know that's a tad high but keep in mind these are hand made on a manual lathe by yours truly The quote I got from the machine shop to do 300 pcs works out to a retail of $27.50 ... so these are a bargain

    O-Ring COLORS (you get any 3 with your purchase. Extra sets of 3 are $1.00 each):
    • Blue (Fluorosilicone to match the Alpha)
    • Black (Nitrile)
    • Green (High Temp Nitrile)
    • Orange-Red (Silicone)
    • White (GITD Green Silicone)
    Cord Colors:
    • Black
    • Orange
    • Grey w/ Black stringer
    $25 per pull (plus 1m of cord)

    First "I'll take it" puts you in line. Please PM me your PayPal address and your o-ring color (black, blue, green, GITD green, red) and I'll send you an invoice. You'll have 48 hours to make payment or the next person gets your pulls

    Shipping is free via USPS first class. If you want USPS Priority Mail it will be $6 in the US, $12 for Mexico and Canada, $15 everywhere else that's international.

    ---------------------------------------------------------Please see the original post (#1) for current status!

    Last edited by archer6817j; 05-02-2012 at 08:13 PM.

  8. #38
    Flashaholic sassaquin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Concord, Massachusetts
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    I'll take two please, one with blue o-rings and one with GITD o-rings (black cord) - I'll pre-pay and wait until cord arrives. PM incoming with PP address.

  9. #39
    Flashaholic* egrep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    557

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Looks great, even with an iPhone camera. Thanks!

    Last edited by egrep; 04-12-2012 at 06:44 PM.

  10. #40
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by sassaquin View Post
    I'll take two please, one with blue o-rings and one with GITD o-rings (black cord) - I'll pre-pay and wait until cord arrives. PM incoming with PP address.
    Invoice sent, thanks!

    Just an FYI for everyone else: I don't have any more GITD o-rings at this time. I ordered more today but it's possible they'll send the wrong size...since they did last time

  11. #41
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    That looks great Is that a McGiz Ti clip as well? I like the cord work...I'll have to learn some of that!

    Quote Originally Posted by egrep View Post
    Looks great, even with an iPhone camera. Thanks!


  12. #42
    Flashaholic sassaquin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Concord, Massachusetts
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    Invoice sent, thanks!
    PayPal sent and eagerly awaiting my first hand crafted Dark Sucks gear.
    At the very reasonable price of $25, I am able to buy one for myself and gift one to a good friend. Thanks Jason.

  13. #43
    Flashaholic* egrep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    557

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    That looks great Is that a McGiz Ti clip as well? I like the cord work...I'll have to learn some of that!
    Thanks, it's all from you, Sir. The light, pocket clip, cord and bead! Yup, the gate clips are McGiz Ti's. The last I could find.

    You can see the light is a daily user.

    Thanks!


    Here's one that's just got your bead, but I'm sure folks will recognize the rest... 18500 V10R with Trit Fins, Switch and that nicely finished lanyard, glowing. I shortened it a tad.

    (simply AWFUL noise, sorry.. iPhone)


    I put the other bead on a slightly longer neon orange cord which is attached to the Alpha now. Do you have orange rings?

    Last edited by egrep; 04-13-2012 at 04:36 AM.

  14. #44
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Cord is in stock and it fits perfectly!

    Of course the scene is lit with 2 5700K daylight balanced Alphas

    Last edited by archer6817j; 04-20-2012 at 11:38 PM.

  15. #45
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Is it just that no one reads my subforum or is this Ti zipper pull thing a real snoozer! I thought people would freak out over Ti zipper pulls What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions on how to make more awesomeness are more than welcome!

  16. #46
    Flashaholic sassaquin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Concord, Massachusetts
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    How about listing them in the Marketplace.

  17. #47
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by sassaquin View Post
    How about listing them in the Marketplace.
    That's a good point, though I'm not sure what the rules are on that I'll have to break out my book. Oh, and your pulls went in the mail yesterday! Too bad Mass is so far away. I used to live in Jamaica Plain outside of Boston

  18. #48

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    Is it just that no one reads my subforum or is this Ti zipper pull thing a real snoozer! I thought people would freak out over Ti zipper pulls What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions on how to make more awesomeness are more than welcome!
    Now that these are ready to sell, it might be worthwhile to start a new thread for selling them here in your sub-forum, as this thread is still marked "feeler." Unless someone is actively following this thread, they won't know that these even happened, let alone that there are some currently available for purchase.

  19. #49
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    Now that these are ready to sell, it might be worthwhile to start a new thread for selling them here in your sub-forum, as this thread is still marked "feeler." Unless someone is actively following this thread, they won't know that these even happened, let alone that there are some currently available for purchase.
    I'm not feeling so smart today For now I think I'll just change the title of the thread since I only have a couple.

  20. #50
    Flashaholic sassaquin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Concord, Massachusetts
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    My little titanium gems arrived yesterday and I am completely thrilled with them. Even though it is a simple zipper pulls, the machining and finishing is superb and the quality and craftmanship is top notch. It is surprisingly lightweight and the size and shape is spot-on with the o-rings adding just enough grip against the high polish. The blue one looks very classy on my jacket, but I may use it as a lanyard bead on one of my lights when the jacket gets put away for the summer.

    I am very surprised they're still available, people are missing out on a premium titanium bead at a fair price.
    Nice work Jason.

  21. #51
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by sassaquin View Post
    My little titanium gems arrived yesterday and I am completely thrilled with them. Even though it is a simple zipper pulls, the machining and finishing is superb and the quality and craftmanship is top notch. It is surprisingly lightweight and the size and shape is spot-on with the o-rings adding just enough grip against the high polish. The blue one looks very classy on my jacket, but I may use it as a lanyard bead on one of my lights when the jacket gets put away for the summer.

    I am very surprised they're still available, people are missing out on a premium titanium bead at a fair price.
    Nice work Jason.
    Thanks for the post! Got any photos? I like to see my creations in their new homes

  22. #52

    Default

    Wow, two weeks out and I'm missing out on things. Hey Jason, I've mentioned in your blog that the blue o-ring is kinda your trademark now.

    Can I have one Ti pull with blue o-rings? I think I'll have the gray cord to go with that. I'll send you the PayPal for the pull but you can include it with the Alpha I ordered.

    Thanks!

    Regards,
    Rez
    Salving Light in a Bastion of Darkness

  23. #53
    Flashaholic sassaquin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Concord, Massachusetts
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    Thanks for the post! Got any photos? I like to see my creations in their new homes
    So, here they are hanging out in their new home on the East Coast. Blue zipper pull is on my jacket and the GITD is on my friend's jacket.






  24. #54
    Flashaholic* griff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,864

    Default Re: FEELER: Titanium zipper pulls?

    Can you make some kind of carabiner with GITD trits from Ti ?
    Sometimes, when I'm feeling down because nothing seems to be going right, I like to take a home pregnancy test. Then I can say, "Hey, at least I'm not pregnant

  25. #55
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: Prototypes for SALE: Titanium zipper pulls!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Wow, two weeks out and I'm missing out on things. Hey Jason, I've mentioned in your blog that the blue o-ring is kinda your trademark now.

    Can I have one Ti pull with blue o-rings? I think I'll have the gray cord to go with that. I'll send you the PayPal for the pull but you can include it with the Alpha I ordered.

    Thanks!

    Regards,
    Rez
    Done

  26. #56
    Flashaholic* archer6817j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: Prototypes for SALE: Titanium zipper pulls!

    2800 views and no one wants the last two pulls? I'm a little shocked Advice is welcome!

  27. #57

    Default Re: Prototypes for SALE: Titanium zipper pulls!

    PM incoming...

  28. #58

    Default

    If no one wants the last piece, I may just grab it for myself :P

    Anyway, thanks for all your craftsmanship, Jason.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please pardon typos.
    Last edited by Raze; 05-08-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: resizing..sorry
    Salving Light in a Bastion of Darkness

  29. #59

    Default Re: Prototypes for SALE: Titanium zipper pulls!

    I'll take one with the light I'm ordering blue o rings and black cord please

    Thank you!

    Mike

  30. #60
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,834

    Default Re: Prototypes for SALE: Titanium zipper pulls!

    I like having titanium stuff, but I suppose my question is, what would I use titanium zipper-pulls for? Zippers already have built-in pulls.

    (well...except the ones on my Maxpedition bag, which have tied lanyards instead.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •