SunwayLED
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of the Thrunite Ti with Firefly mode 0.04 / 60 Lm

Default Re: Review of the Thrunite Ti with Firefly mode 0.04 / 60 Lm

I'm gonna bump this great review / thread up. After using a Ti Firefly both bedside and another on my keyring for the past 6 months, I find that, IMHO, it remains one of the better values in AA or AAA lighting. I have T10s also (AA) that I also really like.

I have more of these sitting in backup stock () than I'm willing to admit, but the 2 I have been using are still on the same batteries - simple Duracell alkaline. When I walk my dogs I'll typically carry a brighter light - or for EDC I might carry a single 123 factor light like a Haiku or the new Jetbeam TCR1, but should the battery die on one of these, the Ti is always at the ready.

The only single AAA light I like more is the outstanding Mako flood, but it's a different 'animal.' Designed with low levels, amazing regulation, long run time, etc.

But day in, day out, there's a Ti Firefly on my key chain, and it has continued to impress. Just sayin'...

I also ordered 2 Ti with my Nichia 219 Malkoff, one with Firefly mode and one without. I still haven't found a light which wouldn't be bright enough for me to go to the bathroom by night (not even my Luce de Notte).

One of these beauties id for my wife and I wonder if they take the Enegrgize Lithium L92 cells? Specs say 0,9-1,5V while a fresh L92 goes towards 1,8 V. Has anybody tried yet? I love these cells, they weight nothing, they don't leak and my wife still has the first one in her Fenix LD01ss, I popped it in when she got the light...
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

Flashaholic*

Energizer L92 lithium AAA batteries work just fine in my Ti Firefly.

Quite astounding how much light pours out of such a little flashlight.(Mine's the 3 low/60 high lumen version).

Well I've been searching and searching and SEARCHING for beam shots comparing the Ti on an Eneloop to the Ti on a 10440 and FINALLY found them on a german website's review of the light and thanks to some Google translating I figured out which pictures were which. I have already ordered some 10440's from DX.com but they aren't here yet for me to take my own beamshots, but these will hold me over until they arrive. So now for your viewing pleasure:

Thrunite Ti on 1.2V Eneloop (~60 lumens):

Thrunite Ti on 4.2V Trustfire 10440 (~200 lumens):

And for comparison

iTP A3 on 4.2V Trustfire 10440:

As you can see this thing is RIDICULOUSLY bright on a 10440 and seems to be at least as bright or brighter (tighter hotspot though) than the iTP a3 which I've always lusted over. So there you go, hope some of you enjoy this as much as I did!

PS_here's a link to the German review through Google translate if you're interested:
    http://taschenlampen-tests.de/?p=10714

Wow! Even on 1.2 volts it puts out well. 3.7 is really bright. I have SS Rofis AAA...85 lumen on high, or so they claim. I hardly ever use anything but the 30 lumen setting...but wonder what would happen if I ran a 10440. Would not want to ruin the light...I like it pretty well.

I just ordered the Thrunite Ti2 XPG2 3/80 lumen.
    Thanks to you I now have to order some 10440s,
    even though the Ti/Ti2 doesn't officially support 10440s.

Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    I just ordered the Thrunite Ti2 XPG2 3/80 lumen.
    Thanks to you I now have to order some 10440s,
    even though the Ti/Ti2 doesn't officially support 10440s.
    Glad to "help"! I would assume the XP-G2 will be even brighter on one 10440!

I am STILL waiting on my Li-Ions (damn you DX.com) but I'm pretty sure my Ti will be replacing my SC51W as my favorite pocketable light :-)

I might even put up some of my own beamshots :-)

In case you're interested, here's a review on ANOTHER german website which shows a few more comparison shots to the iTP on eneloops and li-ions.

http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/th...-upgraded.html

I received my Thrunite Ti2 XPG2 a few days ago. I give it 5 stars. It is noticeably brighter than the Ti XPE I have to compare it to. The Ti2 hotspot is about twice as big as the Ti hotspot. The throw seems to be exactly the same as I have spent the last 2 nights with fresh batteries trying to discern a difference. The tint is totally pure white. The beam profile, hotspot size, and tint match my Eagletac D25C XMLU2 clicky almost exactly.

I don't think the Ti2 XPG2 really needs a 10440 to double the brightness. I find the beam and brightness to be very useable as is.

Flashaholic*

I have one on order,with luck should hit the doormat before Chrimbo.Will give it a go as an edc for a month or so.2 mode should suit me,high level for work and the low level at night for the bathroom visits.

Must admit I prefer the AAA format and the un regulation does not bother me on a 1.5v light,by nature I just charge the Eneloop each Friday after work,ready for Monday then.
    Sent from my Mobile using my fingers.

Flashaholic*

This light is now my EDC pocket light. Plenty of brightness and runtime. Can easily twist and operate in my hand. Can also hold in my mouth when I need two hands free. My only complaint is that it doesn't easily tailstand.

My favorite part is it twists off-low-high. You don't have to wist on-off to switch modes.
    Wish: 1) Super low beacon; easy find flashlight. 2) Low voltage indicator, so not stranded without light. 3) Simple, one handed control ring mode changer (magnetic control ring). 4) Flood beam for walking/tasks. 5) Pocket carry. 6) LiFePO4.

Flashaholic

Really great light for the money, plenty of brightness, beats out quite a few more expensive lights for the light it omits. I have the 3 lumen version, handy in a number of situations. T10 is also good value, got one of these the other day.

Brought a load of Ti's for Christmas presents also ,being so cheap and of good quality they are a good present for anyone. (On top of the color choices for variety)

Flashaholic

Am I the only one that had a problem with this light? I loved the interface and levels but after just a few months use (some of it hiking or jogging) I found I had a one mode light. The little metal tab in the head fatigued and failed. I could bend it back into place only to have it fail in the next few days. Great light and it was one of my favorites. I would love it, if it didn't fail for me. I bought two just hoping the first one was a fluke. Maybe it was the bouncing around while on that makes it have a problem in my application.

Quote Originally Posted by JJohn View Post
    Am I the only one that had a problem with this light? I loved the interface and levels but after just a few months use (some of it hiking or jogging) I found I had a one mode light. The little metal tab in the head fatigued and failed. I could bend it back into place only to have it fail in the next few days. Great light and it was one of my favorites. I would love it, if it didn't fail for me. I bought two just hoping the first one was a fluke. Maybe it was the bouncing around while on that makes it have a problem in my application.
    I've not had it fail, but was slightly concerned about this. If the tab was made of thinner, but proper spring steel (operating within its normal range), I think it would last better, but I get the impression that the existing design uses plain steel, and relies purely on the material's spring-back, which will reduce as it fatigues.
    Subwoofer - Objective and Honest reviews
    Latest Reviews - @Subwoofer_CPF #SubwoofersReviews and Facebook
    ”The Torch Geek”