Battery Junction - Olight
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA-Based Flashlight

Red face Re: Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA-Based Flashlight

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
    Kestrel: It's not a requirement to post your interest here to reserve a light. As for not being posted on the website, I have no plans to add it in. The last batch of Makos wasn't there, neither are my old CR2 Ion and Nautilus - I am not making this a long term standard product for it to be worth the time to design a new page around when it would be taken down in a matter of days. In the interest of full disclosure I did keep five of the 75 lights to do something with later, but didn't really see a need to have to make specific mention of this until your post...
    Sorry to trouble you with my (idle curiosity) post last night, some CPFers are always wondering what proportion of specialty lights are sold on CPF vs. the real world (lol), that's all.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA-Based Flashlight

Kestrel: No trouble at all. Text is a poor medium for communication and if I misinterpreted your meaning I apologize for being unnecessarily prickly.

exquzmwa: No worries, I know that's not your intent. I was just saying that I don't want to introduce any unnecessary complication - if someone decides to "sell their spot", as it were, now I need to keep track of it having been sold to someone, and make sure they're contacted even though they hadn't purchased something from me, etc. It makes things more error prone.

If you didn't get in on the reservations there will be a small opportunity after the run, after which point the secondary market will be your best bet.

Thanks folks!

Enrique

I don't do deposits, nor do I ask for them from clients, Really, I will forget I send them.

If you have one at the end I would love one.

Best,

NR
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Flashaholic*

Hello Everyone,

Just a short note: At this point in time I'm waiting on the machined parts to be completed and arrive here for assembly - I'm hoping for that to be completed here within the next 2-3 weeks. I'll post again once the parts arrive, and include a few pictures, etc. then, but until that then there will be few (if any) updates.

I'll keep you all posted!

Enrique

Thanks for the update Enrique! Can't wait for the pics!

Flashaholic*

Hello Everyone,

Word from the machine shop today is that they're expecting to complete machining late next week, which means the parts should be arriving the week after that. I'll post a few pictures when they arrive.

Enrique

Thanks for the update!

Hello Everyone,

Word from the machine shop today is that they're expecting to complete machining late next week, which means the parts should be arriving the week after that. I'll post a few pictures when they arrive.

Enrique

One day closer to having it in hand.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

Hi Enrique,
    Thanks for the update!
    I sent you an email on the 25th concerning the Aeon deal, haven't heard anything back, wanted to make sure you got it.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Flashaholic

Please confirm my Aeon order as well please. I sent payment for it on the 11th and an email the next day but also haven't heard anything back. I know you build them to order so just want to make sure you have got mine in the works.

Thanks,
    Barry

Enrique

Well, I didn't get in on the reservation list so if there is a Mako available at the end

I'd love to have one

Thanks!

Machined parts are supposed to come in this week, right? Let's see those girls when they arrive!

Flashaholic*

nbp: Late this week or early next, depending on how fast UPS is. The machine shop has wrapped on the work and shipped the machined parts out today, and they were kind enough to take some photos for me prior to boxing.

I'll be taking some more pictures myself once they arrive here, and I'll keep you posted on the completion of the project. It looks like we should be beating "before the end of March" pretty handily. Of minor note is that the threads on these lights have not been bead blasted like on the first run a few years ago, so there is something to distinguish the new from the old (in addition to the flood beam, of course. )

Any outstanding Aeon orders will be taken care of this week, a new batch has been completed and will be shipping shortly.

Take care folks.

Enrique

looks great in the pic! Thanks for the update. I'm very excited for this little light. btw, what size is the trit slot?
    Last edited by JMP; 02-06-2012 at 05:05 PM.

I realize this is probably outside the original design spec, but it would be awfully nice if the driver and emitter could be removed so the emitter could be upgraded in the future. 5mm LEDs may not be at the forefront of development anymore, but some people might want colored or UV emitters, and small improvements in efficiency in future emitters may be worth it for some people to upgrade their Makos. (makoes?)

A two-mode 1xAAA keychain light with a titanium shell and an upgradable emitter would basically be the pinnacle of keychain lights.

In case the driver isn't held in-place using a snap-ring: is it possible to hold the driver and emitter in-place using a friction-fit, as is the case with newer McGizmo Sapphires, instead of using epoxy or some other permanent adhesive? I would be willing to accept less-than-perfect durability in exchange for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMP View Post
    looks great in the pic! Thanks for the update. I'm very excited for this little light. btw, what size is the trit slot?
    +1

Would like to order a trit now so that I'm ready for my Mako, but need to know the size.

Thanks Enrique, those look gorgeous. I'm excited! I've never tritted a light before, but this seems like a good candidate.

> order a trit now so that I'm ready
    I've never felt the need of one before, but this time I'm interested in doing that too.
    If someone can point to details needed, or a group buy, or whatever -- that'd be helpful.

Bart has them and I have had good luck ordering from him in the past. His packaging is psychedelic too just as one would expect from a toxic administrator from the Netherlands.
    Karl H. Riedel III. Realtor and a WHOLE lot more!

Quote Originally Posted by karlheinz3 View Post
    Bart has them and I have had good luck ordering from him in the past. His packaging is psychedelic too just as one would expect from a toxic administrator from the Netherlands.
    Psychedelic? I seem to remember a pepsi bottle cap stuffed with cotton 4 years ago whats different now? Mushrooms?

Flashaholic*

The slot can be equipped, I believe, with a 1.55x5mm tritium vial, I do not quite recall what the standard sizes for tritium were. It was the smallest vial that B@rt sold before (who I would also recommend purchasing from!).

fyrstormer: Unfortunately no. The Mako, like all of my other lights, are standalone units.

I'll keep you all posted.

Enrique

Quote Originally Posted by nein166 View Post
    Psychedelic? I seem to remember a pepsi bottle cap stuffed with cotton 4 years ago whats different now? Mushrooms?
    He's reffering to the holographic envelope they come in.

Which reminds me, I need to order one for my Mako!
    -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    He's reffering to the holographic envelope they come in.

Which reminds me, I need to order one for my Mako!
    Sweet I gotta get me a holographic envelope, and trits

Any outstanding Aeon orders will be taken care of this week, a new batch has been completed and will be shipping shortly.

Enrique
    Does this mean you are still making Aeons? Are they only hardcoat naturals, or are you making black and titanium too?
    --------------------
    He is the light!

Sorry to keep bumping this thread but a couple people in here have asked what size the trit slot is: does anyone know?

B@rt sells the 1.55x5mm ones - are these what I'm looking for?

How about 1.5x6 trits? I have a bunch if those coming.

Anyone knows where I could order blue trits?
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Anyone knows where I could order blue trits?
    Try Bart in CPFMP. Steve Ku as well.

Also, can we get exact measurements of the trit slot?
    Last edited by JMP; 02-14-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Flashaholic*

Hello Everyone,

The slots are 1.65x7mm in the light - this includes the rounded areas of the slot, so if you get a cylindrical vial 7mm long it will not fit. The slot was cut for the tritium that B@rt offers, so if you want a good fit, those are the recommended ones. Alternatively, you can also fill the slot with glow powder and some epoxy.

bltkmt: The Aeons have always been produced, and that hasn't changed. There is currently a 2-3 week lead time on new orders, or you can order from Unique Titanium, who has them in stock and ready to ship. Only natural ones are being made at this point.

The first set of machined parts arrived today, and I'm expecting another batch to arrive late next week, I've included a few pictures below:

The darker colored unit is an original Mako, and the lighter colored one is from the Mako Flood batch. These were actually polished lightly prior to bead blasting, resulting in a bit of a lighter finish. I'm very pleased with how the parts came out.

I'm waiting on a last few bits that are supposed to arrive at the end of this week, plus the remaining batch of machined parts, then assembly will begin on all of the lights. Almost there.

Take care folks.

Enrique

Beautiful...hoping one falls through the cracks to me as I missed this thread until recently!
    --------------------
    He is the light!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast